Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=31940
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:13pm

Topic: I NEED MAJOR HAIR HELP >.<
Posted By: _wrecked
Subject: I NEED MAJOR HAIR HELP >.<
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 3:55am

Okay...Let me tell you my disaster.
I was dying my hair black for about a year. (I have naturally blonde hair)
Well one day I decided I was sick of black and wanted pink hair. So I got
bleach and bleached my hair. It turned out orangy yellow...which i figured
was normal so I tried bleaching it AGAIN. By this point I thought my hair
color was light enough (even though it was still very orange) that the pink
would go over it. Well the pink only worked on the roots because they
were very blonde but the rest of my hair is orange yellow/pink! PLUS MY
HAIR IS CHEMICALLY BURNT IN ONE AREA FROM THE BLEACH. :( I still
want pink hair...So I need something to heal the burnt hair and then I
need something to re-lighten my hair (maybe toner?) then I'll trying
dying my hair pink again! CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ANY TIPS ON MAKING
THIS WORK BECAUSE I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: Veronica F
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 8:34am

Ur hair must've been so porous that the pink did not properly absorb the color! Man, i'm sorry to hear abt the chemical burn!!! You should see a hairdresser, so they can give u something to remedy the burned area.  

However, how long did u leave in the pink dye? Was it manic panic/special effects? Those dyes require a waaay longer processing time since they are basically vegetable dyes and different from the nat. colors; Plus they're not damaging to hair so u should leave it on for like atleast 2 hrs. Oh was ur hair conditioned before u put it on? That's why they usually tell u to shampoo ur hair and not condition before coloring as conditioner acts like a protectant. Hope this helps somewhat.

As for bleaching ot ur hair, black is one of the hardest esp. if it's permanent ur been using, and even more so if it feria. At this point, i think u should lay off the bleach, and consult a pro. Do you know any really hairdressers in ur area? btw, what brand of bleach did u use?

Posted By: Bambilee
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 1:08pm
Do not keep bleaching it. I learned that the hard way. If you keep bleaching your hair will melt. Honest.

I did blue chunks in my hair once, I have naturally very dark almost black hair. Most of the black came out but was still orangey at the ends, however the blue did go over it very nicely.
You should have perhaps started with just streaks first or something to see if your hair would take the pink dye.
What kind of dye are you using?
I used Fudging, I even use pink Fudging on my dark blonde colored hair and it takes it wonderfully. Not as VIBRANT as it would be if I was a white blonde but it works and it looks good.

If all else fails go to a hairdresser, some won't do wacky colors like taht, well here they wont.  See if you can get Fudging.

-------------
~* Bambi Lee *~

Posted By: eKatherine
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 2:17pm
<edit>

-------------

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Posted By: _wrecked
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 3:14pm
Thanks for the help! :)
Btw I used Manic Panic Flash Lighting Kit and then Manic Panic hair dye. I
thought that would work best...but i don't know much about all the hair
dyes so yeah...

Posted By: leia1979
Date Posted: June 18 2005 at 9:29pm
If your hair is fairly uniformly gold, buy some Special Effects (Atomic Pink is the best ever!).  Shampoo and dry your hair (no conditioner), then seriously coat your hair with the SFX, put your hair in a plastic cap, and make everything warm and toasty with a blowdryer for like 15 min.  Leave it in for at least another 15 min before rinsing, then you can condition.  Special Effects generally lasts much better than Manic Panic.  You can sometimes find it at Hot Topic, or the cheapest place I've found online is http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/rock/special/index_special.htm - http://www.garmentdistrict.com/store/rock/special/index_spec ial.htm

Print Page | Close Window