Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=35212
Printed Date: October 31 2014 at 2:52pm

Topic: Redken Shades EQ
Posted By: Tainted
Subject: Redken Shades EQ
Date Posted: September 10 2005 at 2:13pm

Hi ... I need some help with application directions for the "Redken Shades EQ Equalizing Conditioning Color Gloss - Crystal Clear."  I know that you have to mix equal parts of the Crystal Clear with equal parts of the Processing Solution, but I can't remember if you're supposed to process it under heat for 20 minutes (or longer/shorter than that), or if you just let it sit like regular hair dye.  Ahhh, where is my manual????  lol.

Are there any professional hair colorists on here that can help me out?  I would greatly appreciate it.  THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

-------------
"What does 'friend' mean to you? A word so wrongfully abused." -Layne Staley (AiC)

Replies:
Posted By: LorenDiane
Date Posted: September 11 2005 at 11:16am
Hello, I am not a professional stylist. I am an esthetician. But I have worked in salons who use and used myself -shades for years.  The way I do the gloss on my hair is this..
It is not a color but just a clear coating, to seal in color and shine. You can go with or without light heat. I usually put a cap on and process for 20 min. no heat.  If you do not complete the 20 min. you will not get the full effect of the gloss. Heat will help it to penitrate and shine a bit more. But I have not noticed a huge diff. with or without heat as long as you do 20 min. Again I am not pro. but just wanted to respond.
Thanks!

Posted By: Tainted
Date Posted: September 11 2005 at 11:39am

Hi LorenDiane,

Thanks so much for your reply.  I greatly appreciate it.

=)

-------------
"What does 'friend' mean to you? A word so wrongfully abused." -Layne Staley (AiC)

Print Page | Close Window