Print Page | Close Window

Hair thickener potion/lotion

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=36016
Printed Date: April 21 2014 at 7:09am

Topic: Hair thickener potion/lotion
Posted By: bellezanegra921
Subject: Hair thickener potion/lotion
Date Posted: October 04 2005 at 5:21pm
Is there such a thing as something that you can put on your hair daily that will make it thick? I am begining to realize that when I finally reach my goals, my hair will be thin and not as cute as a head full of long, thick hair. I have been taking my biotin, 3mg daily, for almost a year but my hair isn't as thick as I would like for it to be. Have you ladies found anything that I can use to make my hair thicker? I already use mtg and I have tried surge, but it made my scalp flake like no other. TIA!

Replies:
Posted By: Renee
Date Posted: October 04 2005 at 7:41pm
umm i tried everything. nothing worked

-------------

Posted By: carameldiva
Date Posted: October 05 2005 at 2:51pm
Ok- i'm gonna make a reccomendation- try doing a pre-poo treatment of castor oil weekly and see if that helps- it made my thick hair even thicker.

-------------
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: October 05 2005 at 10:21pm

Originally posted by carameldiva carameldiva wrote:

Ok- i'm gonna make a reccomendation- try doing a pre-poo treatment of castor oil weekly and see if that helps- it made my thick hair even thicker.

carameldiva,  is that regular castor oil or the black castor oil ? Did it actually thicken your strands or just gave the "appearance" of thicker after your pre-poo/wash?  

edited to add:  I've read a lot about castor oil  for hair usage. Anyone know what the benefits are? If you've used it, what results have you seen?  Which works best regular or black?

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Posted By: Pokahontas
Date Posted: October 08 2005 at 5:25am
Originally posted by BrownEyez2 BrownEyez2 wrote:

Originally posted by carameldiva carameldiva wrote:

carameldiva,  is that regular castor oil or the black castor oil ? Did it actually thicken your strands or just gave the "appearance" of thicker after your pre-poo/wash?  

edited to add:  I've read a lot about castor oil  for hair usage. Anyone know what the benefits are? If you've used it, what results have you seen?  Which works best regular or black?

I've only used regular castor oil.  It is great for hair and acts as a humectant.  Like most humectant's it is thick in consistency and somewhat heavy.  I use it for my ends mostly.

-------------

Posted By: carameldiva
Date Posted: October 08 2005 at 10:59am
Well let's see- i already have thick hair but the use of the castor oil (either one) has made my strands thicker. It actually looked and felt thicker after a few weeks of usuage. The clear one is more refined i believe and the black one is more pure- i use the black one during the week and the clear one on the weekend when i poo. Hope this  helps somewhat.

-------------
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's

Posted By: canopy44
Date Posted: October 08 2005 at 12:23pm

belle~

is the mtg not making your new growth come in thicker? i think it's changed mine and my overall hair just looks thicker. i don't think you can actually add thickness to the strands once they push out of your scalp ... if you find one, let me know. i want the wild hair i had when i was 5 back!

Print Page | Close Window