Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=37103
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 6:24pm

Topic: Natalie Portman - starting to grow
Posted By: filipm
Subject: Natalie Portman - starting to grow
Date Posted: November 10 2005 at 9:33am

After long period of "mohawking" she has finally started to grow her hair. It looks like a nice pixie haircut to me.

Mohawk:

Mohawk

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/5225/np38hj.jpg - http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/5225/np38hj.jpg

Pixie: 

Pixie

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/3170/nppixie7vc.jpg - http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/3170/nppixie7vc.jpg

I hope that she continues in that direction! I think that she could have many cute styles during the growing up phase, unless she puts in extensions immediately or goes crazy again and makes another rebellious style.

Replies:
Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: November 10 2005 at 12:41pm
These days she looks like a less sexy version of Keira Knightley.

Posted By: Pampinetta
Date Posted: November 11 2005 at 11:31am
I loved the short bob à 1920 she had in Closer

Posted By: richardjim1
Date Posted: November 11 2005 at 12:57pm
That look really nice actually! It suits her.

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: November 11 2005 at 1:58pm
Think she is gorwing it at bit for another roll? Need hair to add fake? Unless you are useing a wig.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: richardjim1
Date Posted: November 11 2005 at 2:02pm
I really like it, I'm trying to find some more pics. It's perfect for her! Thanks for sharing this.

Posted By: DarkHelmet
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 1:28am

Apparently in the new pics , she has lost her hands.

Posted By: Ononotdon
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 2:37am
Originally posted by DarkHelmet DarkHelmet wrote:

Apparently in the new pics , she has lost her hands.

I think that she had them removed for a role.  I'm sure that she's going to just grow them right back when she's finished.  Too bad - she's looking really cute without them.

-------------

Posted By: missrini
Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 4:36am
Isn't Natalie Portman just gorgeous? I mean, who else could look good (ok...not good...but interesting!) with that first style?? Amazing.  She's a natural beauty.

Date Posted: November 12 2005 at 7:08am
She is great. But I just like my women with some hair like shoulder lenght or longer. No hair just don't work for me.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Posted By: Tally
Date Posted: November 13 2005 at 12:34pm
She didn't shave her head by choice or because she was feeling "rebellious," she did it for a movie role

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: November 13 2005 at 5:08pm

Originally posted by Tally Tally wrote:

She didn't shave her head by choice or because she was feeling "rebellious," she did it for a movie role

While she did shave her head for her role in "V for Vendetta", she did so enthusiastically.  But I have to disagree with you about the Mowhawk.  I think she was feeling rebellious, or we would not have seen pics of her with the mohawk or other uber-short cuts...imho

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: November 21 2005 at 7:19am

Date Posted: November 21 2005 at 9:42am
Nice photo. However, I think she's one of those like Brooke Shields and Jodie Foster who has a very protective family watching over her every move--and she will find difficulty in moving out from under their shadow to be considered as a woman rather than a perpetual child/teenager.

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: November 22 2005 at 12:18am

Family always just sees a child, no matter how old one gets -_- .  It's not the family she has to convince, but the audience, in the long run.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: November 22 2005 at 8:39am

Every time I see a photo of bald, mohawked or brushcut Natalie, I'm inclined to remind myself of how great she could look once again with more hair.

Posted By: Rod
Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 9:56am
Natalie will hot "SNL" March 4.

Posted By: iibangduckiez
Date Posted: February 05 2006 at 11:08pm
She is so effing hot...If I cut my hair like that I would look like a man.

Date Posted: February 06 2006 at 1:31am

Hope her hair looks nice on the show, and not like some in-between stage!

-------------

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: February 07 2006 at 9:56am

She has the face to pull most hairstyles off.

Kuroneko: I like your new style in your av.

-------------

Posted By: katay
Date Posted: February 09 2006 at 3:37pm

Hey, I had next to no hair(ala Natalie potrman) back in May of 2003. My motive- I was so depressed, got outof a bad relationship,and I didn't care if men found me attractive. I was also rebelling a bit too.

But now, I'm a hottie, at least acoording to my hottie soon to be hubby Steve!!!

I have a nice face with good bone structure, but I feel Natalie looks even better. She ROCKS, so does Kiera Knightly!

I love mowhawks on women too, I'm obviously not lesbian, just love all styles, thanks,...

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Date Posted: February 11 2006 at 4:49am

I waver. . . some days I think it's way out of hand already, others I'm curious to see how those ear-bits will look (and act *pokes them*) when they're even longer.  *shrugs*  Still playing around with it, I guess. . .

Originally posted by Hellfrozeover Hellfrozeover wrote:

Kuroneko: I like your new style in your av.

-------------

Date Posted: February 11 2006 at 6:26am

Hi Kuroneko!

I love your hair too!

I tend to like short hair better than long hair. For example, last night at a nice restaurant, this woman with long black hair, was in my way, as i was trying to pass her, it didn't help that her hair was all teased out, and cough,...in my face, She neded a deep conditioning treatment. Very dry and fly away too.

So I don't mind long hair, in general, but Ladies brush, and condition your long locks,thanks,;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: February 13 2006 at 6:29pm

Her comments at the Berlin Film Festival:

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/natalie-portman/natalie-portmans-bad-hair-days-154542.php - http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/natalie-portman/natalie-por tmans-bad-hair-days-154542.php

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 13 2006 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/natalie-portman/natalie-portmans-bad-hair-days-154542.php - http://www.defamer.com/hollywood/natalie-portman/natalie-por tmans-bad-hair-days-154542.php

Given the subcontext of the article... there is a world of difference between a decision made out of choice versus having the result imposed as a tactic of subjugation and humiliation.

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Isn't Natalie Portman just gorgeous? I mean, who else could look good (ok...not good...but interesting!) with that first style?? Amazing.  She's a natural beauty.

And I think the second style is nice to look at ....

-------------
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...

Posted By: bud83
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 6:29pm

she's so cute now.... [february 16th]

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9495/568604642fc.jpg - pic1

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7201/568605219yl.jpg - pic2

-------------
just cut!!!

Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 1:26am

I couldn't have said it better, myself!

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

Given the subcontext of the article... there is a world of difference between a decision made out of choice versus having the result imposed as a tactic of subjugation and humiliation.

-------------

Posted By: DaveDecker
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Kuroneko Kuroneko wrote:

I couldn't have said it better, myself!

Thank you, Kuroneko.

I hope you don't mind my saying that I like your new sig picture.  Kinda says "edgy with attitude."

Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 11:27pm
You mean I'm able to look edgy and have attitude while smiling and making peace fingers?  Now, that sounds like talent!  I now officially impress myself ^_^ !

-------------

Posted By: Dick
Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 2:56pm

It's in Vogue Magazine:

"Portman has now decided to hang on to her short new hairdo".

We can't have better news, IMO.

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: February 20 2006 at 7:13pm
Finally some (short hair) good news.

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 12:22am
Glad she seems to be enjoying it as much as we are, looking at it ^_^ .

-------------

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:56pm

I don't know if any of you have seen her in Garden State, but in the yack-track on my dvd she points out her weird 45-degree-slanting ears.  Isn't it good that she has the confidence to show off her ears even though they are different.  This isn't something I noticed - she pointed her ears out herself  

It's hard not to dislike someone who can wear any hairstyle and still look feminine and pretty when required to, can act (useful, given her job...)and seems like a really nice lass.  Who got to hang around with Zach Braff a lot during G.S. filming too... 

I really like that skirt in the last pic....it looks like sweets.

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 4:10pm
Well just to go a bit off topic here......I have actual elf ears. Yes, they are pointy with no curvy bit at the top. Just flat and pointy. I was born that way. They look just like the elf ears in LOTR.  Anyway, I'm proud of them and like to show them off alot!  I would wear my hair like Natalie's too.....if only I had that STUNNING face!! Oh well, at least I have the ears

-------------

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:50am
OMG, Entertainment Tonight showed the scene in her new movie in which she gets her head shaved, sobbing through the whole process. Yes, I realize it's acting, but I don't need to see that again.

Posted By: Paulbob
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 10:35pm

Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

OMG, Entertainment Tonight showed the scene in her new movie in which she gets her head shaved, sobbing through the whole process. Yes, I realize it's acting, but I don't need to see that again.

I absolutely agree with you on that one Kramer about that exact scene too

Paulbob

Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 1:44am

Must be hard to be crying so convincingly on the outside, and excited on the inside O_o; .  She really is a good actress!

On the topic of ears, mine used to stick out, and I hated them!  I always wished they would lie flatter to my head. . . and now they do O_o;;; .  The power of a wish, maybe?  I have no trouble with Natalie's ears, but if they bother her, maybe she can give the extreme wishing thing a go?

-------------

Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 3:28pm

On the topic of the ears - This is what she said to Vogue, talking about having short hair:

"But my favorite thing is that I have very funny ears, and they are always on display now."

She's enjoying to be a short haired girl, even in this aspect.

You can read the complete article in:

http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/vogue_march06_004-20060216224249.jpg - http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/vogue_march06_004-200 60216224249.jpg

and

http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/vogue_march06_006.jpg - http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/vogue_march06_006.jpg

Date Posted: February 25 2006 at 7:39am
Missrini Looking good. Looks healthy.

-------------

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: February 25 2006 at 11:01am
missrini, do you have any pictures of your elf ears? That sounds so cool.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: February 26 2006 at 3:04am

Oooh...pics of them.....no I don't right now.  But hey, why not? Yeah, I'll take some and post them somewhere. Here?

ETA: Thanks Mike! I'm trying not to get frustrated :)

Date Posted: February 27 2006 at 11:24pm

OK...well this would have to be the strangest thing I"ve ever posted to a hair board....but you asked for it :)

I'm sorry it's a bit blurry...but it's hard to take a photo of one's own ear!!!

You can see the very pointy tip. I have no "cartlidge lip" on the top, just a slight curl on the side of my ear.  It is just flat and pointy. They don't stick out, but they are sharp!

Sorry for going so way off topic

Date Posted: March 03 2006 at 2:38am

Hey, I'm Happily  newly married now, and back from Puerta Vallarta Mexico, Muy Buenito!!

Mucho Caleinte' (HOT!)  How's that for WAY OFF TOPIC!! LOL! ;)

Oh yah, And I LOVE Natalie Portman PERIOD, no matter what her hair is, ok, Thanks! ;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Posted By: trophywife
Date Posted: March 09 2006 at 6:50am
My mate saw her last night and says she looks more amazing than ever!  V pretty girl.

-------------
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Date Posted: March 09 2006 at 7:08am

I definetly want to see Natalie's new film "V for Vendetta". It looks suspenseful, and dangerous, actually anything Natalie's in is good!

She is the Audrey Hepburn of our time, IMO!

Go Natalie,....You Go Girl!!!

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Date Posted: March 09 2006 at 12:11pm
For me, Natalie Portman always seems like a girl, whatever her hairstyle. On the other hand Keira, who is probably younger, looks very much the lady.

Date Posted: March 10 2006 at 3:22am
I didn't like Keira's look at the Oscars.  I prefer it when she goes all Bardot with nude lipstick and pinky tones.

-------------
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Date Posted: March 10 2006 at 4:43am

Kiera looks very attractive, no matter what. So does Natalie, in my opinion;)

I do agree Natalie looks like a girl, but she is still a kid, right? like 24yr.s(I think)? I'm not sure Kiera's age. I know Natalie is a Gemini sign,..Sorry if that sign stuff bothers anyone. Believe me it's almost an addiction to know people's signs,..Sometimes I ask people thier birthdays for the fun of it, as an ice beaker,..

Thanks,...

From, Capricorn Katie;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 2:47am
Keira is younger than Natalie; I think she's only 19 or 20.  Keira is beautiful, but her RADA accent grates on me and I'd rather look like Natalie, (who's also a more talented actress!)

-------------

Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 3:01am

I agree Natalie is more aestitically pleasing(nice to look at) plus Natalie is more talented, and smart too, in my opinion. I wish I could just say "Hi, I love your work and rock on Natalie", to Natalie Portman.

I'm not a fanatic, just a casual, yet engaged fan of Natalie Portman!; I guess, since I nearly shaved(cut to the skin, shaved sides) my hair back 3 years ago, I can relate to why Natalie would be willing to shave off that "Vanity" as she was quoted.

Lets remember, we are now in the 21st century,...so lets all give Natalie, and other women some slack,...Hair is an expression of ones personality. Not only did Natalie  allow her hair to be shaved (for the new film), but I saw a clip that she'll be on TRL(Total Request Live) on MTV and I saw her with freshly shaved hair. So maybe the pixie is history,...whatever, Natalie is still #1 in my book!

Thanks,..;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 7:55am
I was going to say neither of them will win any oscars...but very likely they will if either of them can find a role where they have to look ugly or play someone dying of a terminal illness (Voila'! Instant oscar!)

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:11am
She was on Good Morning America today - her hair still very short, in
the pixie range. I think it makes her looks absolutely stunning, turns out
she has a great face shape for it. Hope she keeps it short for a while.

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 8:30am

Hi Curlyfan!

Thanks for the update,...I usually miss the morning shows,..

I do think Natalie pulls off the Pixie with grace, and confidence too.

She is so pretty, I'm average pretty, so I would only look OK with a pixie cut.

I look my best with chin bobs, or shoulder length hair.

But that's ok, because I find the older I get, the less anixety I feel about my hair.

Thanks,...;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Posted By: Layla
Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 10:23am
Cool ears  My little sister has sort of elf ears. They're not cartilage-free like yours, though. She has this little pointy bump on the tip. 

Natalie Portman's going to be on Daily Download tomorrow at 5pm est. on FUSE.

-------------
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 1:27pm

See this pic. Isn't it the perfect combo of face and hair? Look, I'm don't talking about my taste, but about how the hair fix to her face. I'm a short hair fan, but I don't want it for every girl. Natalie, however, has the right features for short hair, don't you think?

Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 1:37pm

Wow! Thanks Dick for that very cool pic of Lovely Natalie!

She resembles Audrey Hepburn to me, what does everyone else think?

I have tried being vegetarian,...and my hair and skin looked really nice, but it's expensive, and awkward to be a vegetarian, with my family who mainly like meat and potatoes!

I love fish alot. I love fruit and veggies too. I rarely eat beef, and very little poultry.

I hate milk, I used to like soy milk, but It's too expensive, and gives me gas

I try my best to have a varied diet and lots of water, tea, juice, and occasional coffee.

I know, I should've saved this post for the Diet Days post,...sorry!

Bye

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 6:19pm
Woah....steady on there Paulbob....everyone is entitled to an opinion!

Posted By: Paulbob
Date Posted: March 13 2006 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Woah....steady on there Paulbob....everyone is entitled to an opinion!

missrini your right everybody does have an opinion but some times when people talk about stars from TV or movies they shouldn't say bad things about there looks so I am sorry but I can have an opinion too

Paulbob

Date Posted: March 14 2006 at 2:52am

I lived in England for 22 years, went to school there and therefore most of my friends are English.  Not one of them speaks anything like Keira Knightley.  In case you had forgotten, I said that Keira's "RADA accent" grates on me, which has nothing to do with her being English or indeed the way that the majority of other English people speak.

I do think that Natalie Portman has given superior acting performances to Keira so far, especially in films like Closer and La Femme Nikita, but I respect your alternative opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: March 14 2006 at 7:40am

Hey, No problem Amigos,....

I'm pretty mellow RE; opinions, Hey I'm 35yr.s, and I don't take diagreement personal.

I'm no sage by any means, but I'm secure in my beliefs and opinions too.

Thanks for the exchange, good, bad, or in-between, no matter what, rock on everyone! I love keeping up the communication,,...I really enjoy all opinions, believe it or not!;)

Thanks,...

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Date Posted: March 15 2006 at 4:46am

RADA is the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.  A "RADA accent" is an informal description for an accentuated, genteel accent as adopted traditionally by "English rose" actresses in the past.  Kate Winslet has one too, although less pronounced than Keira Knightley's.  It's very "period drama" and, in my opinion, grates somewhat in contemporary pictures such as Love Actually

I'm surprised that you would criticise me so vehemenently for saying that Keira Knightley has a RADA accent when you didn't know what one was.

-------------

Date Posted: March 15 2006 at 8:13am

Give it a rest, Paulbob.

Date Posted: March 15 2006 at 11:49am

Natalie Portman short video!

(Adult content for expletives)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRcndW7tdx0&feature=Views&page=2&t=t&f=b - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRcndW7tdx0&feature=Views &page=2&t=t&f=b

Posted By: SanFranBrent
Date Posted: March 15 2006 at 4:13pm
Natalie is wonderful, very beautiful, and a fine young actress. She also has the pretty and feminine features to look beautiful with a shaved head, as well as her short hairstyles.

-------------
Brent

Date Posted: March 16 2006 at 2:57am
Anyway, back to Natalie Portman!  I loved her pink wig when she lap danced in "Closer".

-------------

Date Posted: March 16 2006 at 3:30am

Hi Tropywife!

I agree with You, Natalie's Pink wig looked cool in the movie :Closer".

Oddly the movie "Closer" is one of my all time favorite movies. I like variety, and Mike Nichols did a superb job directing everyone in Closer.;)

Natalie is so pretty, and courageous, in my opinion.

Natalie Portman, and Jody Foster are my Favs for actress'. I kinda like Scarlett Johansen too.

I think Matt Damon really Rocks!

Johnny Depp too!;)

-------------
God Bless,...
Katie

Print Page | Close Window