Forum Name: African American Hair & Related History
Forum Description: Topics On History & Philosophy
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=38434
Printed Date: March 19 2024 at 5:38am

Topic: Dark Skin Brothers Hair
Posted By: BIGGMike
Subject: Dark Skin Brothers Hair
Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:43pm

Why do dark skin brothers catch so much hell about their hair texture? Although most Africans are dark or brown skin with coarse hair. Here in America it is seen as  "nappy or bad hair". Light skin brothers with the "good hair" are seen a good looking. That's not cool!

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Replies:
Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:43pm
Did you know that most of the African slaves came from Nigeria, Gana, Niger, Senegal, Sierre Leone, and Gambia. All countries on the West coast of Africa. Some came from other African countries but most from the West. Most are dark or brown skin people with coarse hair. That's why I can't understand this hang up with coarse hair. Tell me if you feel me. Please reply. I want to know your thoughts on this matter.

-------------
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!

Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 4:45pm

Dig it. Now days people try so hard to fit in that if you don't act, LOOK, or think like them then they think something's wrong with you.

I give props to all BLACK MEN/men of color for having enough faith to be different. This is what makes a true leader.

We been through hell and still going through it right now.

Discrimination against Black men is very high in the US.

Have yall been peepin all these Brothers getting put in jailed, put down, degraded, and even dissed by our own sister's. They saying we sorry, we gay, we DL brothers, we given them AIDS, we don't want to work when they know that women are more accepted in corporate America than Black men.  It's a sad state of affairs!

It's getting hard for a brother to keep his head up.

But like TUPAK said "You gotta keep your head up"

-------------

Posted By: lilkeke918
Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 11:12pm

We catch that rep bc we repeatedly do it. The fact that we are so different & that we've been put through hell we are suppose to do better in the black woman’s eyes. Then you also have to look at what society gives us. In their eyes were suppose 2 fail. Drugs are being pumped through our hoods at an alarming rate & and young black males aren't given the same opportunity as others. Which is why we become drug dealers or rappers. It's seen as the only way to come up, and when they do get some kind of money we blow it on stuff that doesn’t matter such as huge rims and lots of jewlery. Which is why you don’t hear of many black billionaires. The other issues every nationality does but since homosexuality is frowned upon in the black community those males resort to DL brothers. The aids issue is ignorance on both parts and you cant blame just men for that. Just a lil knowledge from a youngn's pov.

-------------
Im an Ocean yall cats are just ponds

Posted By: allenglishboy
Date Posted: December 27 2005 at 11:20pm

its because of our socialization. the whole colour thing is even worse here in the caribbean. especially i countries in jamaica that are so racially segmented. It stems from a racial-Economic conditioning. Those with lighter skin are Closer to white and are  assumed to be closer to  white people economically. In the caribbean where i live you could be UGLY  , but once you have light skin curly hair  and maybe green eyes  people will think you are an ADONIS.

They also assume all light skin people have more money than their darker counterparts

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: December 28 2005 at 7:07pm
Well since we are on the topic and you are guy can you explain to me why men with "kinky" hair put down and degrade women who choose to wear their natural texture hair? Didn't happen to me personally, but Iknow plenty of girls that it has happened to?  Recently, on a D.L. Hughley's show he was going off on how African American women need to practice straightening with "really, really hot combs" (his words not mine). Now look at D. L. Hughleys hair who has a short fro worn in twists,had white people and black people laughing and clapping about it. Tell me that he has the right to say such things when his hair is the same. Is he showing his insecurities and brainwashed  and putting it on others.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: THECHOSEN1
Date Posted: December 28 2005 at 8:19pm
 I think its because light is seemed to be look better

and "good hair" is what u wil basically need for most of the stlyes

like waves softer hair lays down earier deeper waves

curls..your hair will curl naturally

i guess when people have to work extra hard with those styles they assume there hairs bad

-------------
waveing is mental a barrier u must over come

Date Posted: December 28 2005 at 11:17pm
They make fun of stuff like that go cover us their own insecurities. I've seen DL's hair and that nigga aint nobody 2 be talkin.

-------------

Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by allenglishboy allenglishboy wrote:

its because of our socialization. the whole colour thing is even worse here in the caribbean. especially i countries in jamaica that are so racially segmented. It stems from a racial-Economic conditioning. Those with lighter skin are Closer to white and are  assumed to be closer to  white people economically. In the caribbean where i live you could be UGLY  , but once you have light skin curly hair  and maybe green eyes  people will think you are an ADONIS.

They also assume all light skin people have more money than their darker counterparts

-------------

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 7:06pm
IMO, a lot of this thinking has to do with the way society views "beauty"... basically if you don't have European features like light skin, wavy/curly texture hair, etc. you are on the other end of the spectrum---the not so good-looking end--which is totally STUPID!!. Beauty comes in all colors and hair types ...from the lightest to the darkest brown; straight to kinky/curly! My problem is that we as the Black race feed too much into this type of thinking!! And honestly, we judge each other the harshest. More value is placed on a person the lighter the skin or "better" the hair!? WTF? This stems back from slavery days (house vs. field n**ga mentality), those days are no longer and we need to let it go. AND the worse of this comes from our own brothas & sistas! It's a damn shame..really!

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Posted By: P Street
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by BIGGMike BIGGMike wrote:

Why do dark skin brothers catch so much hell about their hair texture? Although most Africans are dark or brown skin with coarse hair. Here in America it is seen as  "nappy or bad hair". Light skin brothers with the "good hair" are seen a good looking. That's not cool!

hey BiggMike, not all light skin brothers and sisters have "good hair". trust me, i'm light and my hair is nappy. i use to get beatings to comb my hair when i was a child. but i see you posted this thread a while ago so i know you the answer to your question.

-------------
Neophyte no longer

Posted By: P Street
Date Posted: December 29 2005 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by P Street P Street wrote:

hey BiggMike, not all light skin brothers and sisters have "good hair". trust me, i'm light and my hair is nappy. i use to get beatings to comb my hair when i was a child. but i see you posted this thread a while ago so i know you the answer to your question.

correction. you just posted this. i thought i read the month of march there.

-------------
Neophyte no longer

Date Posted: December 30 2005 at 11:42am

Yea you are right, not all light skin people have "Good Hair". But remember we are talking about negative stereotypes.

There are plenty dark skin brother with "Good hair" but they are socialized to believe that it is bad hair. This is because of negative stereotypes that we see in the media and in society.

-------------

Date Posted: December 30 2005 at 11:44am

This is a Report Written by China Carter on 4-28-98 http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jhreid/theblack.htm - http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jhreid/theblack.htm

Black Representation of Whiteness

When one thinks of racial differences, one usually thinks of the tension between blacks and whites. When one thinks of stereotypes regarding the black and white issue, one’s thoughts are focused on white's perception of blackness. According to Bell Hooks, in her article "Representing Whiteness" few people apart from the black race understand or are even aware of blacks' perceptions, views or stereotypes of the white race. This is primarily due to the white racist idea that all "Others" see whites as whites see themselves.

Looking back hundreds of years, when blacks were enslaved to whites, blacks formed their perceptions and stereotypes of whites but were never allowed to publicly speak them. Whites assumed that their belief about themselves could be forced onto the blacks. However, the blacks were quietly and suspiciously observing them to get a better understanding of whites. Blacks viewed them as ghosts, mysterious, terrorizing, terrible, and strange barbarians. Today, many of these beliefs still penetrate the black mindset. When whites learn of the black perception of them, they are shocked or angered because blacks have placed them as the object of their gaze. Whites are used to being the "subject" and can become upset when they realize that blacks are critical of them. This act in itself is an "expression of racism".

One of the reasons why whites are not fully aware of the black perception of them is that blacks have been overlooked. One form of white oppression is black "invisibility". Black slaves were not allowed to speak back or make eye contact with whites. They were reduced to mere hands that served the meals or machines that did the chores. Blacks allowed whites to reduce them into invisible objects for their own preservation. Making eye contact suggested equality and was regarded as such a forward action that it could cause blacks to be punished. Slavery has long since been abolished yet, the concept of invisibility still lingers. In the media blacks are not equally portrayed. One can read a magazine or watch a television show and not see any blacks. Whites do not have a need to see them because they are in power. They do not have to constantly look to see what blacks are doing in society. Therefore, some whites believe that just as blacks are invisible, they too are invisible to the black imagination. As quoted from Hooks:

"In the white supremacist society, white people can ‘safely’ imagine that they are invisible to black people since the power they have historically asserted and even now collectively assert over black people accorded them the right to control the black gaze."(p. 340)

Whites still use vocabulary that associates white with ‘goodness’ and ‘purity’ while black connotes ‘danger’ and ‘evil’. (Although one must point out that light can be dangerous when trying to hide. Darkness would be a safer environment.) "…White stereotypes of blackness [are ] a trickle-down process, where there is the projection onto an Other of all that we deny about ourselves." (p. 341) They have been socialized to believe that blacks associate the same positive feelings with words that connote ‘white’. In reality, most blacks feel threatened and terrorized by whiteness and the hurt that it represents. It is with these feelings combined with observations that white stereotypes emerge among blacks. These stereotypes are not only the black imagination’s representation of whiteness, but they are also created as a reaction to black stereotypes from whites. Stereotypes are simply one way of representing the Other. Although they are not completely truthful representations, they often are the substitutes for what is real. They make the image of the Other seem less intimidating. Hooks says that even when she tries to look past stereotypes, she still feels a terror while being in the presence of some whites. She recounts the stories of other blacks who have also experienced this feeling from whites. Whiteness often represents terror in the black imagination.

Hooks believes that one of the methods of deconstructing the black discourse on whiteness is "traveling". Traveling back into one’s past and rediscovering one’s history can help break down white reification. Reification is the process by which the Dominant changes the Subordinate into a passive object that is not able to make any conscious judgments or gaze back at the Dominant. This way of remembering one’s past can generate a positive self-representation. One can face one's fears until the terror of whiteness fades. Looking back at one’s past will also help take off the blinders to appropriately see whites. This method is needed for those blacks who have forgotten who they are and think that racism has disappeared.

Many whites also feel that racism has faded away. In today’s society racism is masked by the ideals of "pluralism" and "diversity". Many blacks still feel the terror the whites impress upon them. Yet, when they try to express their thoughts and feelings, whites accused them of reverse racism. More than that, they are accused oftrying to appear to be a victim to receive special treatment. Racism still exists and is flourishing under a disguise of equality.

Hooks concludes her article by telling another story about how she was terrorized by whites at a progressive conference. However, she met a black woman and a white man who understood how she felt. They had encouraged her. Gayatri Spivak talks about the possibilities of eradicating racism by having the Dominant de-homogenize their position of power and "learn how to occupy the subject position of the other."(p. 346) She states that if whites would do this, then racism would be deconstructed. The black imagination would not associate whiteness with terror. "Without the capacity to inspire terror, whiteness no longer signifies the right to dominate." (p. 346) According to Hooks, this is what must first be achieved before we can "decolonize our minds and our imaginations."(p. 346)

-------------

Date Posted: December 30 2005 at 12:15pm

I have had a very hard time in my life just being a 6'4, 250 pound Black MAN. People take one look at me and stereotype me. 

They don't know that I am college educated.

They don't know that I'm on the Deans list at my University.

They don't know that I am in the National Honor Society.

They don't know that I have always had a job since I was 13 years old.

They don't know that I am very spiritally connected to God. They don't know that I respect nature.

They don't know that I respect all foreign cultures and races.

However,...........I'm not Eurocentric. I have African American Pride, is there anything wrong with that?

Americans naturally want to put some one in a box and label them. If they can't label you, they reject you completely by employment discrimination, GENDER discrimination, and racial discrimination, and overall, Emasculation of males. I had one white woman tell me to shut up in one of my sociology classes. We were having an open discussion of race and gender issues. I spoke of how Black MEN are constantly marginalized  and our women are put on this high platto above us. The woman became very angry with me for telling the truth. She said Black men make more money and have more employment oppurtunities than Black women. I looked at her like she was retarded. How can she believe this when most of the Black men are going to jail, becoming homosexual because of emascalation, going crazy, being rejected from society and White corporate America, can't find a job with their college degrees, and their own women degrading them every chance they get in media.

I know how this why white woman could believe I was wrong. Could it be that she is not living in America as a Black MAN? Could it be that a White woman is the last person in America to really understand what No Freedom is?

Why would a white woman get angry with me for saying this? Is it because she was guilty of it or just did not want to hear the truth? Not all white people are racist, and not all racist are White men, but some are white women. Let the truth be told, it hurts but it's true. White men get black for many racist things, but they are not alone.

I had to say this because I was really hurt by this White woman who told me to shut up when I voiced my point of view about MY own RACE.

Think about the topic of this conversation....... Dark Skin Brothers

-------------

Date Posted: January 01 2006 at 6:06pm

I have had a very hard time in my life just being a 6'4, 250 pound Black MAN. People take one look at me and stereotype me. 

They don't know that I am very spiritally connected to God. They don't know that I respect nature.

However,...........I'm not Eurocentric. I have African American Pride, is there anything wrong with that?

Americans naturally want to put some one in a box and label them. If they can't label you, they reject you completely by employment discrimination, GENDER discrimination, and racial discrimination, and overall, Emasculation of males. I had one white woman tell me to shut up in one of my sociology classes. We were having an open discussion of race and gender issues. I spoke of how Black MEN are constantly marginalized  and our women are put on this high platto above us. The woman became very angry with me for telling the truth. She said Black men make more money and have more employment oppurtunities than Black women. I looked at her like she was retarded. How can she believe this when most of the Black men are going to jail, becoming homosexual because of emascalation, going crazy, being rejected from society and White corporate America, can't find a job with their college degrees, and their own women degrading them every chance they get in media.

I know how this why white woman could believe I was wrong. Could it be that she is not living in America as a Black MAN? Could it be that a White woman is the last person in America to really understand what No Freedom is?

Why would a white woman get angry with me for saying this? Is it because she was guilty of it or just did not want to hear the truth? Not all white people are racist, and not all racist are White men, but some are white women. Let the truth be told, it hurts but it's true. White men get black for many racist things, but they are not alone.

I had to say this because I was really hurt by this White woman who told me to shut up when I voiced my point of view about MY own RACE.

Think about the topic of this conversation....... Dark Skin Brothers

ahhh real talk I like your big vocab i'll be using them in my writting

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 11:37am

Vocabulary?

What about the topic?

-------------

Date Posted: January 04 2006 at 12:18pm
lol

I kind of get what the topic is about

-------------

Date Posted: January 06 2006 at 2:18am

lol smh Big vocab? U have to enlighten yourself brotha

-------------

Posted By: BrownEyez2
Date Posted: January 06 2006 at 10:16am

Ohhh, Bigg MIke I'm think I'm in luvvvvv  You sound like a dream and definitely a "role model" of sorts to some of our African American brothas.

On the real, I sooo feel you on the stereotype thing. My husband is a dark chocolate, 6'2 and 200lbs and he also wears his hair shaved. Sometimes I'm amazed at the "looks" he gets when we're out. Little old white ladies wanting to "clutch their purse" ya know. Its sad but true that black men are judged on appearance w/o people getting to know who they really are. He's a college educated professional, church going, loving father, devoted husband and GREAT provider for his family.

Push on my brotha. And don't be discouraged by people like the white woman in your class. People fear what they don't understand and take offense at the truth.

-------------
~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~

Date Posted: January 06 2006 at 10:37am

BrownEyez2 thank you, I needed that.

I'm use to being constantly marginalized and what's really sad is, I'm my worst critic. I'm harder on myself than anyone can every be.

One thing I have learn, No matter what I do, it's never a enough for people who don't know me. So ignore them and keep doing me.  

-------------

Posted By: 300 degreez
Date Posted: January 07 2006 at 11:16pm
im dark skined and i have very good hair but that probaly cause im mixed with domincan and indian but mostly black and women or girls they dont always like all light skin people cause im only 13 and everywhere i go some older woman either staring at me sometime when i in the mall some older will even aproach me until they findout my age but if they younger then 17 then we would date but not know cause i got a wifey 300

Posted By: Sistaslick
Date Posted: January 08 2006 at 11:03am

Originally posted by 300 degreez 300 degreez wrote:

im dark skined and i have very good hair but that probaly cause im mixed with domincan and indian but mostly black and women or girls they dont always like all light skin people cause im only 13 and everywhere i go some older woman either staring at me sometime when i in the mall some older will even aproach me until they findout my age but if they younger then 17 then we would date but not know cause i got a wifey 300

I don't understand a word you just said Can we get some punctuation please?

Nah, but seriously...what's up with the good hair/bad hair stuff?  What is good hair?  Black people really need to back up off this kind of labeling for real.  We don't need to give it any credence at all  None.  Saying "Yeah, I have good hair" is only feeding into the lie.  Good hair, is HEALTHY hair of any type--its not good simply b/c the curl texture is looser or whatever.  I know you are only 13, but dude its time to drop that mess. 

When people say that my son or daughter have that "good hair" I cringe and say, Yes, they have healthy hair.  It is our own people that do it.  Nobody else.  I don't hear white or any other race of people saying-- yeah she has good hair!  It really shows the level of understanding and maturity the person has making comments like that.  It really is ignorance.  I'm sorry to go on and on, but this issue seriously bothers me.

-------------

http://blackhairscience.com - The Science of Black Hair

Posted By: 300 degreez
Date Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:32pm
SORRY WHAT IM SAYING IS WHAT EVER THEY CONSIDER GOOD HAIR YOU DONT HAVE TO BE LIGHTSKIN TOO HAVE IT AND SOMEBODY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT GIRLS ARE LIKE LIGHTSKIN MEN BETTER AND THATS NOT TRUE I WAS JUST GIVING AN EXAMPLE SHOULD HAVE MADE IT MORE CLEAR I APOGIZE

Date Posted: January 08 2006 at 2:55pm
nahhh, thats cool I think I've been on the boards a lil too long today-- I'm snappin' at  people and stuff

-------------

Date Posted: January 08 2006 at 3:35pm

I have the same prob as BIGGMIKE I'm 6'0 235 athletic build, I get all kinds of honors and I am very active in the community. Yet when I walk down the street women grab their purses, and I get followed a lot in stores. It's also very hard for me to get a job. Me & a few friends who are white did this thing where we went to different places and submitted job applications. I would usually turn mines in 10 mins earlier than they would and places would say they were full and when one of my friends gave them their applications they would call them in for an interview the next day.

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by lilkeke918 lilkeke918 wrote:

I have the same prob as BIGGMIKE I'm 6'0 235 athletic build, I get all kinds of honors and I am very active in the community. Yet when I walk down the street women grab their purses, and I get followed a lot in stores. It's also very hard for me to get a job. Me & a few friends who are white did this thing where we went to different places and submitted job applications. I would usually turn mines in 10 mins earlier than they would and places would say they were full and when one of my friends gave them their applications they would call them in for an interview the next day.

People want to know why I make these topics. ^^^^^ This is why!

Brother I go through the same thing. People be tripping with a Black Man about everything. They have a problem with our clothes, how our NATURAL hair is, how we express ourselves, and how strong and smart we are.

Then they don't want to give us a JOB because we are not friendly looking or White enough for THEM. I guess they want us to stop being a Black MAN and start Bleaching our skin and wearing fake white people's hair or something. It's crazy man. When is the madness gonna stop, when we get tired and start a CIVIL WAR IN AMERICA!

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 5:13pm

Peace out man, I get very upset with these issue. I'm sure you know that by now.

I'm just tired of all the unanswered questions, all the selling out, and all the weak people who are in leadership positions doing NOTHING BUT COLLECTING CHECKS AND WALKING AWAY. I'M ALMOST ABOUT TO LEAVE ALL THIS FOOLISHNESS ALONE CAUSE PEOPLE LOST AROUND THIS PLACE. 4REAL!

PRIDE? WHAT'S PRIDE? It's only a few with real pride.

I FEEL LIKE GIVING UP ON MY OWN LOST PEOPLE. I'M REALLY SICK OF THESE MINDLESS IDIOTS WHO CAN ONLY THINK ABOUT THEIR OWN SORRY HIDE. THEY CAN'T STAND TO CARE ABOUT A BLACK MAN, NAW THAT'S TOO MUCH TO ASK. TOO MUCH SLAVE MENTALITY AROUND HERE TO SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE. WEAK MINDED!

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 6:58pm

Well Biggmike if you really believe in the cause then you can't give up man!  I mean I might not agree with everything you say, but your level of social consciousness is admirable.  People don't care like you do anymore-- they don't  question or challenge the status quo.  They don't bring pertinent issues to the table anymore.  Your approach may be a little more in your face than some like, but your opinions deserve to be heard.  Someone may benefit from something you say-- you never know  It may cause them challenge their own beliefs or hold even more steadfast to them.  Either way, you want them engaged.

Just think if Martin Luther King and Malcolm X said...forget this these people are lost.  They don't want to hear what I have to say.  They are okay with "separate but equal"  they don't mind if they have to use "colored only" sinks.  I'm being locked up for trying to give them a voice they don't want to have and are not trying to hear.  I organized this rally and only 30 black men and women showed up.  They don't care. 

They could have easily given in, but they believed in their respective causes and did so until their deaths.  Don't give up.

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 7:52pm

Sister, you don't know the hell I catch for even caring about a Black MAN. I got women sending me mail talking about they hurt.

Oh, well! STOP SELLING OUT!

How many Black MEN do think have been hurt for just trying to get a JOB and try to be the MAN that their father and mother raised them to be? It hurts when you know you have the education and skills, but you are not the RIGHT COLOR OR GENDER?

How many Black MEN did the State of Texas kill this year? 13 Black Men have been executed this year in Huntsville, Texas. That HURTS!

How many Black MEN are drinking themselve to DEATH right now because no one CARES! That HURT!

How do you think it feels when YOUR OWN PEOPLE CONSTANTLY PUT YOU DOWN IN THE MEDIA, OUT IN PUBLIC, IN WHITE CORPORATE AMERICA and everywhere else? THAT HURTS!

I'm sick of this foolishness!

I WISH SOMEBODY WOULD START A CIVIL WAR CAUSE I WOULD BE RIGHT THERE ON THE FRONT LINES. PEOPLE TALK TOO MUCH AND DON'T DO ANYTHING. I'M NOT A TALKER, I'M A DO'ER!

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 8:01pm

Look at what I deal with on the 360 waves site....

Some idot over there tripping because I'm leaning on white people for discrimination and bringing up the truth about things. This one cat, who claims to be a brother got this in every post he make. MINDLESS BOYS ARE BEING RAISED.  

I GOT MACHISMO!!!!!
THA ONLY FATMAN IN PG SPINNIN'
Spinnin' since '03

-------------

Date Posted: January 11 2006 at 8:54pm

is it just me or has this topic gone really off topic. It just seems like people venting their feelings.

Date Posted: January 12 2006 at 12:07am
well thats probably b/c its a deeply emotional issue that goes much deeper than hair.  Much deeper.

-------------

Date Posted: January 12 2006 at 1:25am

Naw it had a lot 2 do with hair and I just want to see if i get dif looks with waves n a clean cut. I did have braids that went down 2 my chest

-------------

Date Posted: January 12 2006 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Sistaslick Sistaslick wrote:

Originally posted by 300 degreez 300 degreez wrote:

I don't understand a word you just said Can we get some punctuation please?

Nah, but seriously...what's up with the good hair/bad hair stuff?  What is good hair?  Black people really need to back up off this kind of labeling for real.  We don't need to give it any credence at all  None.  Saying "Yeah, I have good hair" is only feeding into the lie.  Good hair, is HEALTHY hair of any type--its not good simply b/c the curl texture is looser or whatever.  I know you are only 13, but dude its time to drop that mess. 

When people say that my son or daughter have that "good hair" I cringe and say, Yes, they have healthy hair.  It is our own people that do it.  Nobody else.  I don't hear white or any other race of people saying-- yeah she has good hair!  It really shows the level of understanding and maturity the person has making comments like that.  It really is ignorance.  I'm sorry to go on and on, but this issue seriously bothers me.

I totally agree with everything you said in this post. Its Funny when you go in the waves 360board and you hear them talking about how they have "good hair". It really makes people who say stuff like this , sound very ignorant.

BIGGMIKE could you explain what your issue with that guys signature is? I have asssumptions but id rather hear what you have to say

Print Page | Close Window