Forum Name: Lace Front Wig Talk
Forum Description: Lace Front Wig Talk
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=40276
Printed Date: March 19 2024 at 1:38am

Topic: Which celebrities wear wigs???
Posted By: Creation
Subject: Which celebrities wear wigs???
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 11:06pm
I was wondering if anyone knows which celebrities wear wigs or extentsions???  Does anyone know of a web-site where you can find info on how to do your hair like the celebrities or there actual routines??

Replies:
Posted By: iibangduckiez
Date Posted: February 18 2006 at 11:42pm

Beyonce. xD

Most celebrities wear extensions...Maybe not all the time...and not necesarily to add length, but to add volume/texture/fullness/protect their hair.

Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 6:15am
Toni Braxton wears wigs all the time.

Posted By: Shyanne
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 6:29am
 How about Kaley Kuoko on Charmed? (that or she just has weird hair...)

Posted By: corpuskristen
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 2:55pm
Yeah Beyonce, Ashanti and Tyra wear lacefronts. Brandy has a horrid weave and the Simpson sisters have extensions from time to time. Judith Light wears a crown piece. Britney bad extensions. Umm, can't think of anyone else.

Posted By: bigman2005
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 4:44pm
Where did you hear about Judith Light?

Also add Carol Lin from CNN I think wears one.

Posted By: Creation
Date Posted: February 19 2006 at 5:14pm
Wow, alot of them seem to sport extensions or wigs.  It's so hard to get there routines and even hair products.. They are sooo secretive.

Do you guys know of any sites that give some really cool celebrity type hair style advise or even their personal regimine.

Sorry I can't spell for anything

Posted By: ripped
Date Posted: February 21 2006 at 12:54pm
MAriah Carey diffinetely has some serious extensions.  without it her hair is probably up to her chin.

Posted By: corpuskristen
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 12:48pm

Judith Light admitted to wearing them during her Who's the Boss years. I'm too young to remember what tabloid busted her but I remember my mother talking about it. err, maybe I'll ask her.

Posted By: miss_b
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:19pm
I Don't think a lot of celebrities wear wigs but most female celebrities wear extensions, not just for say because they have short hair, maybe for because they want a little color in their hair or maybe even for texture and fullness.

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:47pm

Victoria Beckham and Jordan/Katie Price/Katie Andre/Whatever have some nasty extensions that you see zoomed in on in mags like Heat and Closer.

Sharron Osbourne wears wigs and/or extensions, but I don't know if that's still because she lost her hair when she had cancer.

Most page-three and glamour models have extensions all of the time, not just occassionally.

As for celebrity hairstyle and product info...Not a clue.  Sorry!

Posted By: hannebash
Date Posted: February 22 2006 at 9:48pm
beyonce has taken wig-wearing to the extreme! I also don't understand how someone like Britney Spears, who has fake hair, can't have NICE fake hair. It always looks like fried wet-doggy hair and she PAYS for that. She needs to fire her hairdresser.

Posted By: annem
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 3:54am

those celebs do wear wigs, as far as i know:

halle berry

beyonce and all of destiny´s child

missy elliott

jennifer lopez

joan collins

(and many more.. i believe.

Posted By: FabulousHairExt
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 9:23am
jennifer lopez wears extensions, not wigs.

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 12:29pm
Please don't forget Tyra Banks, who seems to have different hair every other day. I find it silly that her talk show recently won a "best hair" award.

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 2:57pm

Halle Berry wears extensions sometimes but I think alot of her hair is real now.

Missy Elliot wears alot of braided in pieces and small weaves.

Sharon Osbourne's hair was real when it was read but she got extensions to blend her layers.

Posted By: Longhairdreams
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 3:11pm

Gwen stefani has been known to wear lacefronts.Probably so her real hair can take a break.Jessica simpson is always spoting some hairpeice,whether its full blown extensions or a simple ponytail.Ken paves who's her stylist is the reason her hair always looks so great. Cher has been notorious for wearing wigs.

Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 3:16pm
Cher doesn't even try making the wigs look real anymore!

Posted By: bigman2005
Date Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:58pm
Oprah wears lots of wigs.

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 1:38am

Well, if everyone already knows it's a wig, anyway, why not have fun with it ^_^ ?

Originally posted by fatmoogas fatmoogas wrote:

Cher doesn't even try making the wigs look real anymore!

Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: February 24 2006 at 9:34am
How did we forget Cher for so long?

Posted By: mslovely
Date Posted: February 28 2006 at 9:21pm
i just started a new topic about the wigs... since u guys were interested

Posted By: katay
Date Posted: March 03 2006 at 2:45pm

The best wig would go to Beyonce'. The worst would be Cher.

Posted By: Hellfrozeover
Date Posted: March 04 2006 at 3:13am
Originally posted by katay katay wrote:

The best wig would go to Beyonce'. The worst would be Cher.

Beyonce's wigs are good although sometimes her makeup artist makes an awful job of covering the lace. Cher's are usually terrible although sometimes she chooses a half-decent one with a good hairline.

Posted By: Curlicious
Date Posted: March 21 2006 at 4:53pm
J. Lo

Posted By: moffpoff
Date Posted: March 22 2006 at 9:36am

Well the obious has still not been mentioned:D

Christina Aguilera!:D In the dirry era she used Fusion hair extensions.... You can clearly see the bonds....:P

huuum Kelly Clarkson obiusly wears extensions.......Paris Hilton is the goddes of fake looking fake hair....:D All the Playboy tarts with theyre gorgoues platinum hair wear extension, the current trend in the "playmate gang" is Pinchbraids Hair extensions:D it`s the most gentle extension you can get (next to clip in hair):D

Posted By: Lisa9232
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 6:30pm

Ashlee Simpson wears extentions! I know cause every time I see her on different sites her hair is a different length and she actually admitted to wearing them and wigs! WOW!!!

********lisa**********

Posted By: horselover_1625
Date Posted: March 24 2006 at 8:29pm
Would Dolly Parton count???!!!

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: April 14 2006 at 3:42am

Eve definitely has some major wig collections.  I am wondering what is up with her bangs/fringe.  It almost looks like a clip on bang.

When Ken Paves was doing Marley Shelton's hair when it was super short, he actually created a special add-on extension just to give her bangs.  He also did that for Ashlee Simpson when she was on 7th Heaven.

Steven Tyler wears hair extensions.  His hairdresser told me.  So does Brendan Fraiser.  I wonder about Mick and the rest of the Rolling Stones?  Stevie Nicks wears extensions.

MoffPoff any insight into other rockers?  What about the Guns nRoses guys?

Posted By: Bevv
Date Posted: April 15 2006 at 4:49pm

almost everyone mentioned here are pop singers. Thats because most of these people are more worried about their image and vanity then they are about their music. Sad really.

Bevv

Posted By: oddlots
Date Posted: April 17 2006 at 1:55pm
Bevv: I'd say that more of that concern lies on the shoulders of their stylists and record executives than with the stars themselves.

Adam Duritz has publicly stated that his dreads are mostly extensions.

For American Idol fans, Katherine McPhee wears clip-in extensions to add volume and color on the show.  Paris also wears various forms of additional hair.

I once read that Lil' Kim wore wigs, as she'd done quite a bit of damage to her hair from constant dying.  In order to avoid having her hair fall out for a second time, she simply used a wig over top of her hair.

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of celebrities have worn wigs and or extensions, whether to cover a bad cut, hide hairloss, add volume for a special occasion, or fit a specific role.

Posted By: Tracy_girl
Date Posted: April 17 2006 at 9:16pm

I think most of celebrities wear wig.Because that can make them more charming ,and can protect their hair .Why not? I have a lot of wig.I like them. and we have been good friend.Of course ,if you like ,I can help you on wig.                                       

Sinceritily

Posted By: moffpoff
Date Posted: May 01 2006 at 12:32pm
Oh sorry Karen for the late reply, Well Axel Rose already in the 80`s had Fine thin hair , and there where rumors that he did have extensions in the "Welcome to the jungle Video" where is hair is much more thicker and poofy. Now at days he gets Extensions braids done...Looks uber fake^^ And slash, well he just got freakin awsome hair i guess :D

Posted By: girliehair
Date Posted: May 03 2006 at 1:06pm
hi yea to answer your question you can go to www.hairconfusion.com
i ordered a lace wig from them in jan and i got it in march,and i loved it so i would say them, i know they do a lot of celeb hair

Posted By: Brown$ugar
Date Posted: November 05 2006 at 6:34am

Ooooh Nicole kidman! I've read several reports that she ALWAYS! wears lacefront wigs because her natural wild tight ringlet red curls arent tameable, I think the trick with her and her flawless tresses is she doesn't over do the density and volume she keeps it very natural

I think if you stick to one colour and dont vary length tooo much you can wear as many style wigs as you like without people suspecting too much just say your clever with hair lol

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: November 11 2006 at 7:09pm
Don't forget Sharon Stone, and until of late, Anna Nicole Smith.  Cameron Diaz often wears extensions in her movies because her hair is fine and thin.  Gwenneth Paltrow had extensions while her hair was growing out from the Brad Pitt short cut.  I bet she still wears them sometimes for thickness.  Pamela Anderson wears them too.

Posted By: Patricia8
Date Posted: July 10 2009 at 6:12am
Michael Jackson used wigs... :(

R.I.P.

http://www.trichozed.info - BEST HAIR LOSS TREATMENT

-------------

Posted By: sherry280
Date Posted: August 29 2013 at 10:26pm
Best synthetic wigs. - http://www.onlywig.com/synthetic-wigs-c-4.html - http://www.onlywig.com/synthetic-wigs-c-4.html

-------------
http://www.onlywig.com/celebrity-wigs-c-3.html

Posted By: LaceWigsStore
Date Posted: September 17 2013 at 5:16am
Most celebrities wear http://www.thelacewigsstore.com - lace wigs or hair extensions, like- Angelina Jolie, Ashanti, Beyonce, Ciara, Eva, Gwen Stefanni, Holly, Jannet, Jennifer, Jessica, Julia, Julianne, Kardashian, Katy, Madonna, Naomi, Oprah, Pamela, Rihanna, Tyra and many more.

Posted By: DoctoredLocks
Date Posted: October 21 2013 at 2:57pm
Lots of celebs from Katy Perry to Beyonce.

We do have LOTS of tutorials on extensions and wig wearing!

Please check out our wig tutorials, if what you are looking for isn't there, please let us know and we will add it to our film list!

http://www.doctoredlocks.com/category/wig_alternation_and_styling_tutorials - http://www.doctoredlocks.com/category/wig_alternation_and_styling_tutorials

-------------

Posted By: cin10dy
Date Posted: November 25 2013 at 6:59pm
Cheap hair wigs of different styles and types online wholesale http://www.hairwigsall.com/ - buy hair wigs online

Posted By: Cheslockes
Date Posted: March 26 2014 at 10:26pm
Female celebrities have long been wearing wigs over their heads, from Tina Turner to Cher. Both Tina Turner and Chere were a bit older when their blatant wig-wearing began and they were appealing to a somewhat older demographic. Beyonce is what I call a repeat offender when it comes to a visible lace-front. With all the practice she’s had wearing wigs, you would think she’d know how to make her wig tape unnoticeable. Google Beyonce and wig tape and you will see what I mean. It’s so obvious that the hair is not real.You can find more http://www.lacewigsbuy.com/celebrity-lace-wigs-human-hair.html/?tad1=tgyxm" rel="nofollow - celebrity lace wigs in the IZIWIG.

Date Posted: March 27 2014 at 11:48am
Thank you for that.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: April 04 2014 at 6:57pm
I can't believe you put a link to that wig seller site. They use found photos of all sorts of celebs, most of whom are not wearing wigs and are doubtless doing so illegally. I don't know why someone isn't suing them. Alyssa Milano's mother used to run a company that ferreted out and sued websites using celeb pics without permission. This outfit definitely using those images for financial gain, so they completely qualify for lawsuit.

Posted By: kaissa
Date Posted: April 05 2014 at 1:57pm
oh?

Print Page | Close Window