Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=41836
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 9:22am

Topic: Yet another question!
Posted By: Mz_AmanDA
Subject: Yet another question!
Date Posted: March 30 2006 at 2:02pm
Sorry to keep bugging you all! Im wondering do you necessarily HAVE to bleach the tips of hair before you color the tips (like red, light brown, dark blonde) I REALLYYYY don't want to bleach my hair, I have NO experience in it & I dont wanna mess up anything . Could you just use some type of dye like from the stores, and only color the ends? Would that work or no?

Replies:
Posted By: Claude
Date Posted: March 30 2006 at 10:23pm

well if your hair is previously colored and you want it lighter then the only way to lighten it is bleaching it. Color doesn't lift artificial pigment from previous haircoloring. The only way to remove that old artificial pigment is bleach to lighten it.

G'luck

Posted By: aubergine
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 9:11am
If your hair is dyed and your natural colour is blonde or very light brown, then you can just use Colorfix or some similar colour remover to get rid of the dye and allow you to dye your tips with vibrant results.  However, if you have a dark natural colour then, like Claude says, all you can do is bleach your hair.

Bleaching isn't too bad though, especially if you're only doing your tips.  I say go for it and if it all goes pear-shaped just go and get a trim!  Make sure you strand test before bleaching and colouring though.

Posted By: Mz_AmanDA
Date Posted: March 31 2006 at 10:26am
TY for the replies. Im sure my hair is soo dark & so I would have to bleach it. So Im going to a hair school type thing where they can do it much cheaper! Thanx all

Print Page | Close Window