Print Page | Close Window

Do you like your lips shiny or juicy?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Beauty Talk
Forum Name: Cosmetics
Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=44883
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 6:16pm

Topic: Do you like your lips shiny or juicy?
Posted By: AlabamaKinks
Subject: Do you like your lips shiny or juicy?
Date Posted: July 03 2006 at 11:41pm

What brand of lip gloss do you use & do you perfer your lips to be shiny or juicy?

I find that namebrand lipgloss have too much color and are too thick. It feels like I've rubbed syrup on my mouth!

Today I ran out of my cheap lipgloss and the only lipgloss sold at my job's gift shop is a brand called Primal Elements & it cost $8.   In the tube it looks juicy but when I applied the gloss it only when on shiny.  

<-----Stupid $8 lipgloss.

Now the brand that I normally use cost $1. It really doesn't have a name (lip glow, lip gloss, lip shine) but it's sold at every BBS & gas station. It just says roll on lip gloss & has a fruit sticker on the top.
  <----My juicy gloss
Now, the only thing about this lipgloss is that is really doesn't last long so I have to re-apply often. Not that often but often. I think it's because this lipgloss is mainly cheap castor oil.  

<---Cheap gloss base
So what I'll do is apply lip balm first (vasaline or carmex......you know carmex keeps your lips pretty but that's another topic) then apply the $1 juicy gloss on top. This makes my juice last longer.

So right now I have on the Primal Elements lip gloss until I can make it to the gas station in the morning.  They are shiny but not juicy how I like it.
I don't feel as pretty tonight.  

Replies:
Posted By: enfys
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 8:36am
Come to think of it, I had a lip gloss roll-on thing that looks a lot like the ones you showed.  It was pineapple flavour and the best lip gloss I ever owned, years ago.  It was free with a cheap magazine.

Maybe I'll just use cator oil from now on

-------------
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea - http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Posted By: mizzshannon
Date Posted: July 07 2006 at 4:39pm
... i thought i was the only one who layered my glosses up that way!  i like my lips to look smooth, plump and slighty colored with an AWESOME-ly glassy gloss on top!

Posted By: Kuroneko
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 2:48am
I don't like super-shiny; just a bit shiny and a bit tinted is good, so it looks like I have a little more lip than I do (nothing ever makes it look like I really have lips :-P ).  A little pearly or glittery finish can be good sometimes, too, but nothing too flashy.

-------------
More awesome than a manatee!

Posted By: Cherryblsmgrl
Date Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:55am
I used to use those roll-on glosses in high school. I remember owning a bubblegum flavored gloss. I loved those! Unfortunately, I had a habit of dropping them and breaking the glass all of the time. I think they are made of plastic now...and klutz-proof! 

-------------
Follow Your Bliss

Posted By: sunkissed
Date Posted: July 18 2006 at 1:40am
I think really shiny makes me look juicy

Print Page | Close Window