Print Page | Close Window

Sally Hershberger Shag

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=52410
Printed Date: April 26 2024 at 3:36am

Topic: Sally Hershberger Shag
Posted By: LRM1965
Subject: Sally Hershberger Shag
Date Posted: April 28 2007 at 11:03am
I have medium fine hair, have always had the same look, all one length. shoulder.  I am 42 and ready for a change, when I get my hair cut shorter, I have not liked it, but that may be because it is always one length.  I watched Shear Genious the other night when they did the shag, and I love that hairstyle, and now am wondering if I can do that.  My hair is highlighted.. 
Let me know how a shag has worked for others with fine hair.

Lisa

Replies:
Posted By: KB
Date Posted: May 06 2007 at 8:08pm
This is just my experience, I can't speak for others - but I have fine hair,  and the shag was a disaster for me.  I thought for sure it would work on me; after all, Meg Ryan's hair is fine (right?) and she rocked that haircut.  On me, not so great. But there are some factors to consider here: One is that my face shape (long) typically doesn't work well with a shag.  The second is that at the time, I had no idea at all how to style my hair.  I didn't even know what a round brush was, LOL.  So how was I going to work with razor cut layers? 

Keep in mind that a shag will require some effort from you each morning (no wash and wear there) but don't rule it out!  It may just work nicely for you.  You should find a reputable stylist and have a chat about it.  You can also try one of those virtual makeovers where you upload your picture online and try on a bunch of different styles to see how they suit you.  Do a little research on different styles before you jump in and you'll be more likely to find the best cut for your hair type and facial features.

Good luck!

Date Posted: May 07 2007 at 9:28am
Thanks for the response, I have just about talked myself out of it now.  I have a square face and do not have a strong jawline, so I may just keep it longer.
Lisa

Posted By: demodoll
Date Posted: June 03 2007 at 3:18pm
I have a shag but a very, very short one.  I used to have all one length hair anywhere from shoulder length to chin and had that for about 20 years.  I have to say I like this hair cut much, much better but it did take me a long time to get the product mix right.  I generally do have to wash it every day but it takes about 5 minutes to dry and style.  It does take a really great hairdresser to get the cut correct though.  Just make sure that they leave enough in back and enough bangs that it doesn't become a pixie.  Then get a good wax or pommade and a good "hard" hold hairspray and you are good to go for the day.

-------------
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal

Date Posted: June 07 2007 at 9:00pm
I also have my hair a little past shoulder and all one length, and it is getting boring to me.  I haven't made the jump for the cut yet, but still want to do something different. 
I have another appt, July 10th and we'll see what my hairdresser and I can come up with.
Lisa

Print Page | Close Window