Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=55230
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 5:48am

Topic: Why?
Posted By: Rowlingfan
Subject: Why?
Date Posted: July 31 2007 at 10:37pm
(I do think this board is lacking in discussion. A lot. Big%20smile)

So, do you like short hair? Why? Do you have short hair?

Personally, I love short hair. I think it looks very attractive on a lot of people. However, my hair is two inches below the shoulders and growing. While my true love is short hair, I want myself to look the best I possibly can, and I don't believe that could happen with short hair. You?

Replies:
Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: July 31 2007 at 11:41pm
There's a short haircut out there for everyone; they just have to find it.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: lovebobs
Date Posted: August 01 2007 at 12:01am
I AGREE WITH HAWG 100%
women just look alot neater and more sophisticated to me with short hair
(more polished)   i love it and i love how many short cuts i am starting to see   Embarrassed

-------------
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: August 01 2007 at 10:13am

I like short hair on women because with a good looking short haircut, I see the woman first.  With long hair, it seems like some women hide behind it, and don't style long hair at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that all women should have short hair.  Some women don't look good with short hair.  I believe that women should wear their hair the way they want to.  I just think that many women look better with short hair instead of long hair!!!

Posted By: conrad
Date Posted: August 02 2007 at 7:54am
I think short hair ooozes confidence and sex appeal, expecially if the person is down to earth.  Dont get me wrong, long hair is attractive and can be very sexy.  However, there is just something about  short hair on women that make me go Schwing!  Short hair fetish i guess, so what, my wife loves the idea that i love short hair, and she likes having her hair cut shorter each time.  I went an dropped by to see her at her new stylist, and she kinda liked it.  When i was leaving, she told her stylist "he came by to see how short you were cutting it"  Yes is the answer to that statement.  So i think she is starting to see why i like it so much!

But hey, that is why the make chocolate and vanilla.

Posted By: tarheelgal05
Date Posted: August 02 2007 at 5:07pm

Speaking from a woman’s perspective, I definitely prefer short hair for myself.  I’m somewhat of a hairstyle chameleon and usually go back and forth between a pixie and some type of bob (I currently have an inverted bob; yes, I jumped on that bandwagon!).  However, I also go through periods where I let it grow past shoulder length.  I’ve never really tried to express this before, but I feel sexy with it long and with it short – but for different reasons.  It’s almost like I carry myself differently, depending on the length of my hair.  When it’s long, I like to style it and play with it and I feel a bit more girlish and flirty.  With it short, since I like angular bobs and really short cuts, I feel a bit more cutting edge and a more outgoing side of my personality emerges (plus I think I just look better with it short).  It’s really an interesting contrast and one that I enjoy.  For that reason alone, I can’t totally relate to those women who pick long or short and never deviate from it.  Interesting question!    

Posted By: Leadfoot
Date Posted: August 14 2007 at 7:15pm

I like both short and long hair, and have had both.  Short hair (at least my current style) is soooo much easier to take care of than long.  If you have  long hair that you actually style (it seems like most don't) it takes a long time to blow dry it, curl/flat iron it, and finish it.

Short hair IMO is unique.  Outside of those who work in salons, I just don't see a lot of women that have really cool, short hairdos.  I think the key to having a great short hair cut is getting one that compliments your features.  If the cut doesn't it most likely won't look good on the person.

Print Page | Close Window