Print Page | Close Window

Does Biggie Really Belong Ahead Of Jay-Z???

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hip Hop
Forum Name: Hip Hop Hang Out Zone
Forum Description: Off topics, battle chat, hang out
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=56250
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 7:12am

Topic: Does Biggie Really Belong Ahead Of Jay-Z???
Posted By: jamaicakid85
Subject: Does Biggie Really Belong Ahead Of Jay-Z???
Date Posted: September 05 2007 at 7:41pm
I know I can possibly get flamed for this one but IDGAF I just state the facts. They were great friends that met in high school their levels were both unmatched even Busta Rhymes got smoked when he challenged Jigga but let's get things crackin.

Tale Of The Tape:

Ready to Die is easily top 3 in most peoples book and it changed the course of hip-hop forever Biggie was definitely a monster on the mic . His flow was sick it was like he was sliding on ice because he was cold. And Jay-Z has been a beast since the late 80's his (then) rapid-fire flow was ridiculous which instantly gained him notoriety in King's County and all of NY period. And Jay-Z was always matching the wordplay of greats such as Big Daddy Kane, and Biggie when he was featured on their tracks or vice-versa and it was a known fact that Biggies flow was harder than Jigga, Jigga would be able to match him with freestyles which they would be going at it for hours, and Brooklyn's Finest showcased more cohesiveness than even EPMD. Biggie only had two albums I think he is always put in the top 3 out of respect and buying into the what ifs. And Even though Ready to Die was a perfect or near perfect album, Life After Death should have been a shorter album. And Jay-Z has three perfect or near perfect albums Reasonable Doubt, Blueprint, and the Black Album. With Reasonable Doubt being the best CD since cooked crack. So who do you think is better my pick is Jay-Z due to his maximization of his potential and Biggie leaving with plenty of untapped potential and both of their strengths is their versatility (It's a Brooklyn thing!). So it's not about what if. It's about what is.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Replies:
Posted By: Anomis
Date Posted: September 15 2007 at 9:44pm
Minister J.

I do not know ...for real only because I sorta fell off Biggie, if I had a gun to my head and had to make a decision it'd be J-z ONLY b/c I was never truthfully a Big Biggie Fan. Biggie had mad ryhme skillz ,disect the hell outta' metaphors, similes, and  so damned lethal it could be psychotic.

"act shot get shot" 
"Tote techs he tote 2 techs"

full throttlein' on that.

-------------

Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 8:06pm
They were both one in the same the only difference was Biggie had potential and Jay-Z realized and maximized his potential.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 8:16pm
I still have yet to listen to all Biggies Work.
I will at some point......

-------------

Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 9:22pm
You should but Ready to Die is his best album if you have heard that then you heard his best work already.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 9:26pm
that's the one I heard in it's entirety......Wink

-------------

Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 9:31pm
O ok then your set Life After Death was good but falls short of the glory of Ready to Die.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: September 16 2007 at 9:48pm
"I don't wanna live no mo"
it  was that one. That was ready to die right?....the beat was hot, but

"singing to death gave me the willys"

-------------

Date Posted: September 19 2007 at 7:03am
My favorite Biggie track was Warning, because people wanna stick me for my paper.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: Willie SKRILLA
Date Posted: November 18 2007 at 5:02pm
Jay truthfully belongs ahead of Biggie in my book just by amount of quality work. Not to say B.I.G. wasn't nice but being a martyr really adds to your fan base. You think if Jesus had lived a full life and died of natural causes Chrisitianity would be as big as it is.

-------------
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Print Page | Close Window