Print Page | Close Window

Silk scarf

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: African American Hair
Forum Name: African American Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of African Americans.
URL: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57486
Printed Date: August 27 2014 at 1:56pm

Topic: Silk scarf
Posted By: saralee
Subject: Silk scarf
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 10:29am
How does one keep silk head covering on during the night.  I have used them and within 1/2 hour of sleeping or lying in bed, it comes off.

Replies:
Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: October 30 2007 at 10:26am
Same thing happens to me. I just try to make sure i have a satin or something simliar to satin on my piillow.

I start off with a scarf on, but I certainly don't wake up with one on.

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: rapture422
Date Posted: October 31 2007 at 7:11pm
I sleep with a silk scarf on and after I tie it around my head, I insert a couple of bobby pins in around the areas around my ears (one in front of my ear and the other behind).  Just make sure you catch a little bit of hair in the pin and the scarf will stay on all night.

Posted By: LadyinDiamonds
Date Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:49am

< id="hexColValue" value="" size="10" style="cursor: default;" ="text">

Posted By: LadyinDiamonds
Date Posted: November 13 2007 at 5:50am
Wrap it from the back and tie it in front.
How long is your hair?

Posted By: cmesweet
Date Posted: November 13 2007 at 4:54pm

I can tie the scarf backwards and inside out, it won't be on when I wake up.

Next time, I'll try the bobby pin technique. Thanks for the idea.Wink 

-------------
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Posted By: sassybeauty
Date Posted: December 19 2007 at 11:09pm

First I pull my hair back into a ponytail, then I wrap the silk scarf around my hair and tie around the ponytail.  Once in place I put a few bobby pins in the front and maybe one or two in the back.  I then take the long strands of the scarf and wrap it around the pony tail a few times, once I am done with that, I add another scrunchy around the the ponytail tied in scarf.... it works for me.  When I travel I use a cotton bandana over the silk scarf and tie the scarf down with that.

-------------
It's better to be an old man's darling than a young man's slave.
Quote by my late great grandma Garrett

Posted By: ladyflash
Date Posted: December 26 2007 at 1:33pm
I wrap my hair around my head. Cover with a silk or satin scarf, then cover that with a stocking cap. That works for me. :)

-------------
CHECK OUT MY PHOTOS! http://public.fotki.com/quietladyflash/ - My Fotki Album

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: February 28 2008 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by rapture422 rapture422 wrote:

I sleep with a silk scarf on and after I tie it around my head, I insert a couple of bobby pins in around the areas around my ears (one in front of my ear and the other behind).  Just make sure you catch a little bit of hair in the pin and the scarf will stay on all night.

Once I learn how ta tie tha scarf LOL I'll keep that in mind LOL

Posted By: love59
Date Posted: March 03 2008 at 9:23pm
Buy a few satin pillows instead, I had the same problemSmile

Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: March 03 2008 at 10:20pm
How do you sleep with satin pillows..better yet, keep it from fallin' onto tha floor? LOL Everytime I sleep with them, they end up on tha floor, anywhere but unda my head LOL

-------------

Posted By: tushay
Date Posted: March 07 2008 at 5:17am
that's funny i thought i was the only one who had the problem with satin scarfs!! good suggestions!!

-------------
don't chase me unless your ready to catch me!!!

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 07 2008 at 6:48am

YEP i have a satin pillow case always..

Posted By: MsMahoganyRed
Date Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:17am
Originally posted by rapture422 rapture422 wrote:

Thanks for the tip Rapture!!

Posted By: BeautyWitch
Date Posted: March 07 2008 at 2:12pm
Satin pillow cases, If I do use a scarf I cover it with a cotton on that won't slide off or use a bonnet, they have the elastic around it that keeps the on.

-------------
http://www.fotki.com/beautywitch - My Pics

Posted By: akak
Date Posted: March 10 2008 at 2:20pm
I like a silk pillowcase, its more expensive but it last longer, my skin is sensitive and the natural fiber is more gentle against your skin. but anyway my hair needs to be contained while i sleep, I  use a silk bonnet there are some nice ones on the web.  

Posted By: Alexsandra
Date Posted: March 11 2008 at 10:01am
Bobby pins sound like a great idea. That's what I usually do, but I need to remind myself to do it everynight.

Posted By: mbell825
Date Posted: March 14 2008 at 4:05pm
If my hair is pulled back b/f I put on the scarf it wont always stay on during the night. If I realize it's come off, I dont put it back on, I just lay it as flat as I can on the pillow and lay on it like that. If I do pincurls though, it'll stay on all night.

Print Page | Close Window