Forum Name: Looking For Hair Extension Expert
Forum Description: Trying To Locate Hair Extension Services
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57500
Printed Date: March 29 2024 at 10:36am

Topic: confused!help!!
Posted By: melaniejean
Subject: confused!help!!
Date Posted: October 29 2007 at 11:16pm
hey! ok well i really want extensions as my hair is very lifeless and dead from over colouring/straightening. i cannot do any styles apart from straight as it wont hold curls unless a salon does it and then it doesnt stay very long. it is blonde at the moment and sits just at my shoulders. i would want extensions just below by bustline and alot more volume. browns and blondes. im not sure what method is best and least damaging. money is not a problem. what does everyone think of great lengths? their technique and their hair? what is the best hair to use and the best technique? and could someone with weaved/braided in hair extensions let me know what they are like to have and look after? thanks heaps!! xxxxxStar

Replies:
Posted By: SUMMERlee
Date Posted: November 08 2007 at 9:58pm

Don't use anything with glue or chemicals! That will only make your hair thinner and more lifeless...believe me I've heard horror stories :-/

Since you have money, go to an extension stylist (many salons offer it) and see what is availible.
Options include: hairlocs (individual strands connected with little tubes), micro rings, sewn in(i heard that itches) and theres always clip in and micro linked wefts, which I use.
plus theres other stuff that I can't remember at the moment lol.

and one more thing..DO NOT use synthetic hair.
it's good for about a week..then it looks like a broom.
use human hair :D

Good luck, hope you like your extensions, whatever you choose!

Print Page | Close Window