Forum Name: 360 Off Topics & Hang Out
Forum Description: Hang Out Topics - Cars, Movies, School, Honies...etc.,
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=57773
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 12:19pm

Topic: Xbox vs PS3
Posted By: King Cash
Subject: Xbox vs PS3
Date Posted: November 14 2007 at 8:11pm
Which is better in your opinion. Please let me know because i'm debating on which one i'm gonna get.

I'm kinda leaning towards a 360 because i'm a Halo fan, but let me know which one you prefer because of your experience with it or from what you've heard

Thanx in advance

-------------
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/12/8/f_sigma008m_7947f3e.jpg&srv=img37">
Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc

Replies:
Posted By: JaySole
Date Posted: November 14 2007 at 8:16pm
PS3 is better, and has way more of a future than xbox.
Plus a PS3 has an internet browser thats way beta than the psp browser cuz u can watch videos such as on youtube.Xbox doesn't have that. So its basically also a computer and has beter graphics than 360.

-------------
Personal Record: 6-0!

Posted By: Willie SKRILLA
Date Posted: November 14 2007 at 9:05pm
I prefer the 360 but I haven't really had a lot of hands on time with the PS3, I'm still playing on a PS2.

-------------
You can't win with women. You just have to maintain."
- Wave Connection

Real Recognize Real

Posted By: cedclark
Date Posted: November 14 2007 at 11:09pm
what you like the most...? First person shooters or japan- RPG's...? thats what did it for me... im a xbox360 man.. besides ps3 controller is too small for my hands...

-------------

Date Posted: November 15 2007 at 12:21am
I love first person shooters (Halo 3, call of duty 4, etc) and street racing games. I've made up my mind that i'm gonna get a 360. Thanx people

-------------
http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/3/12/8/f_sigma008m_7947f3e.jpg&srv=img37">

Posted By: KingProdigy617
Date Posted: November 15 2007 at 4:48pm
360 = Best online experience possible and great shooters
Ps3 = Rpg games and NO good exclusives.

PS3 should have never been released.
@Jaysole, How could you say that PS3's graphics are better than 360? The only game with better graphics were worked on for months longer than the 360 version.

-------------

Posted By: mutize23
Date Posted: November 15 2007 at 7:36pm
halo is st8 crack online...............omg get tha 360

Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 4:38am
When i get it, i look forward to whoopin ya'll @$$ online!  :-P

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 5:52am
Post ya gamertag in the gamertag thread in the gaming section.

-------------

Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 12:51pm

aight but i won't have it til a few more weeks

-------------

Posted By: meech313
Date Posted: November 16 2007 at 11:15pm
I like both systems but i prefer the ps3 because u get more for ur money and it just is a better built system.  The 360  has a lot of good games for now and the best online service but 2008 is when the ps3 will really shine and probally surpass the 360.  The bad thing about the 360 is that it has a lot of hardware problems and microsoft likes to charge u for every little thing. If u buy the 360 get a in store warranty so if it does break u wont have to deal with sending it back to microsoft and waiting a month to get it back.  By the way i got a ps3 a few weeks ago and i am very happy with my purchase.   I also have call of duty 4 and looks great and is a fun and very good game.

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2007 at 12:59pm
I just played my boy's Call of duty 4 online last night (on 360) and i'm hooked!

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2007 at 3:24pm
yeah call of duty 4 is pretty fun online and it is really good on both systems

-------------

Posted By: C-fiftie
Date Posted: November 18 2007 at 8:54pm
PS3 over the xobox360 deff. The ps3 has much better graphics than the xbox360. Plus will have much more better games as the developers get used to the software. It also has a much better future like Jaysole said, the PS3 will be a very very active system that is well worth your money. The xbox360 is aite, the only reason why people buy it was because of Halo and Gears of War, that is the only reason. Plus u gotta pay like 50$ a month to play online? FU*K that. I'd rather stick with a better system, that charges nothing for online play, and that system is the ps3.

P.S. ( U can't argue that the xbox360 has better graphics then the ps3, the ps3 came out a year later, and the developers are getting use to the software, while xbox360 has been out way long and the developers have already done all they can with the graphics. Just like i said, the PS3 has a bright future)

-------------
"I don't follow waves,I let the waves follow me"

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4990/backside3ln3.jpg" />[/URL]

Date Posted: November 18 2007 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by C-fiftie C-fiftie wrote:

PS3 over the xobox360 deff. The ps3 has much better graphics than the xbox360. Plus will have much more better games as the developers get used to the software. It also has a much better future like Jaysole said, the PS3 will be a very very active system that is well worth your money. The xbox360 is aite, the only reason why people buy it was because of Halo and Gears of War, that is the only reason. Plus u gotta pay like 50$ a month to play online? FU*K that. I'd rather stick with a better system, that charges nothing for online play, and that system is the ps3.P.S. ( U can't argue that the xbox360 has better graphics then the ps3, the ps3 came out a year later, and the developers are getting use to the software, while xbox360 has been out way long and the developers have already done all they can with the graphics. Just like i said, the PS3 has a bright future)

God im happy im not a fanboy... And how do you know developers have reached their Max with the xbox360? are you a developer? Dont answer that..ignorants is bliss

The only way I would accept this type of blind royalty is if Sony Is paying you.. R. they? Lets keep the cheesy biased fanboy opionions to the gaming forums.

And if you want to get technical the PS3 graphics GPU is a striped down 7800GTX and the xbox360 GPU is stripped down 1950xtx/2900xt hybird both are outdated hardware by PC standards now.. Dont expect the graphics to touch that of the PC's 8800gtx....Wake up from the console dream...its far inferior to PC HARDWARE...

In order for any console game to rival the graphic quality of a PC you would need an HDTV and sit 6 - 8 feet from the screen to "hide" the bad Anti-Aliasing consoles are known for..

-------------

Date Posted: November 19 2007 at 1:46am
Well i bought my Xbox 360 (with 20 gb) from a secure online store on ebay for $245. Its in great condition and is still on warranty but i'm wondering whay there are so many broken 360s out there. For instance, i've personally heard of 3 people with 360s and their system pops up with 3 red lights while not letting them play. And i've heard other stories like this online. What causes this and what can be done to prevent this from happening?

I'm actually thinking of saving up a little more money and buying my 360 new from store. Like i said b4 the online store on ebay has good systems but i don't wanna take the chance anymore

Again; what can i do to keep this happening to a new system? And have any of u had problems with ur 360?

-------------

Posted By: jamaicakid85
Date Posted: November 19 2007 at 8:55am
Originally posted by cedclark cedclark wrote:

Originally posted by C-fiftie C-fiftie wrote:

PS3 over the xobox360 deff. The ps3 has much better graphics than the xbox360. Plus will have much more better games as the developers get used to the software. It also has a much better future like Jaysole said, the PS3 will be a very very active system that is well worth your money. The xbox360 is aite, the only reason why people buy it was because of Halo and Gears of War, that is the only reason. Plus u gotta pay like 50$ a month to play online? FU*K that. I'd rather stick with a better system, that charges nothing for online play, and that system is the ps3.P.S. ( U can't argue that the xbox360 has better graphics then the ps3, the ps3 came out a year later, and the developers are getting use to the software, while xbox360 has been out way long and the developers have already done all they can with the graphics. Just like i said, the PS3 has a bright future)

God im happy im not a fanboy... And how do you know developers have reached their Max with the xbox360? are you a developer? Dont answer that..ignorants is bliss

The only way I would accept this type of blind royalty is if Sony Is paying you.. R. they? Lets keep the cheesy biased fanboy opionions to the gaming forums.

And if you want to get technical the PS3 graphics GPU is a striped down 7800GTX and the xbox360 GPU is stripped down 1950xtx/2900xt hybird both are outdated hardware by PC standards now.. Dont expect the graphics to touch that of the PC's 8800gtx....Wake up from the console dream...its far inferior to PC HARDWARE...

In order for any console game to rival the graphic quality of a PC you would need an HDTV and sit 6 - 8 feet from the screen to "hide" the bad Anti-Aliasing consoles are known for..

Lol Ced belongs in Gamespot's System Wars forum I'm about to copy and paste this shyt over there, and then I'm going to go over to allhip-hop.com and roast any clown who says Lil Wayne is the best MC alive brb.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: November 19 2007 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by King Cash King Cash wrote:

Well i bought my Xbox 360 (with 20 gb) from a secure online store on ebay for $245. Its in great condition and is still on warranty but i'm wondering whay there are so many broken 360s out there. For instance, i've personally heard of 3 people with 360s and their system pops up with 3 red lights while not letting them play. And i've heard other stories like this online. What causes this and what can be done to prevent this from happening?

I'm actually thinking of saving up a little more money and buying my 360 new from store. Like i said b4 the online store on ebay has good systems but i don't wanna take the chance anymore

Again; what can i do to keep this happening to a new system? And have any of u had problems with ur 360?

Some of the cause is from faulty xbox360 and some is from poor care.... I had my xbox360 since launch and I havn't had a single problem with my xbox360. I keep it horz. and well ventilated. But im kind of hoping it breaks LOL so i can get an xbox elite.

-------------

Date Posted: November 19 2007 at 12:48pm
Thanx bruh

-------------

Posted By: 25cent
Date Posted: November 19 2007 at 2:13pm
yeah I got me a ps3 and going to get a 360 tooooo

-------------
Captain Of Blackspinnas
Thats why they call us black spinnas
[IMG]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1112/5992504781vg1.gif" />
BLACK SPINNAS

Date Posted: November 19 2007 at 8:33pm

Well i bought my Xbox 360 (with 20 gb) from a secure online store on ebay for $245. Its in great condition and is still on warranty but i'm wondering whay there are so many broken 360s out there. For instance, i've personally heard of 3 people with 360s and their system pops up with 3 red lights while not letting them play. And i've heard other stories like this online. What causes this and what can be done to prevent this from happening?

like ced said some failures are do to poor care but a lot of them are because of the faulty design.  there are people that have had their 360 since launch and had no problems but a lot of people have had multiple problems with their systems.  What causes the 360 to display 3 red lights is when the system overheats and the GPU or CPU pops off of the mother board therefore showing a complete system failure.  Theres not really a way to prevent it from happening but your best bet would be to get the newer premium 360 with HDMI, microsoft also is selling the new premiums with 2 free games for the holiday seasons. By buying that version u should less likely have problems.

-------------

Date Posted: November 20 2007 at 1:50am
Thanx...I bought a Premium Xbox 360 for $150 today from my boy's cousin. Its in perfect condition (he bought it, beat Gears of War, and has had it in his closet since).
Then i went to Gamestop and bought Call of Duty 4 and 13 months of xbox live  :-D my username on there is Tha 3o5 King (that's the letter "o" and not a zero). What's u guy's? and let me know if n e of u play call of duty online

And how do u hook up the hdtv part?  I have a 45 inch plasma screen and i want to get the best out of it

-------------

Date Posted: November 20 2007 at 4:11pm
my gamertag is "ced360" I dont have call of duty 4 yet. but if you get halo 3 or madden look my way...

Make sure you hit the switch on the video cable to " HDTV"
also avsforum.com for your tv model for some settings.

-------------

Date Posted: November 20 2007 at 7:30pm
thanx bruh!

-------------

Date Posted: November 20 2007 at 7:57pm
damn if i had a 360 i will murder u in call of duty 4 Cash

-------------

Date Posted: November 20 2007 at 9:41pm
Sorry King.. Its avsforum.com ...

-------------

Date Posted: November 21 2007 at 1:23am
I got it to work fam.
@ Meech...I'm murkin cats and its only my 2nd day. You don't want it wit me!  haha

-------------

Date Posted: November 21 2007 at 2:02am

I got it to work fam.
@ Meech...I'm murkin cats and its only my 2nd day. You don't want it wit me!  haha

u lucky cash that i cant play u because i got a ps3 but if i did have a 360 u wouldnt stand a chance plus i got more experience with the game and i know most of the strategies that people use.

-------------

Date Posted: November 21 2007 at 12:55pm
@ Cash: Now you gotta pick up Halo 3 so I can lay the smackdown when my xbox gets back. 3 red lights....

-------------

Date Posted: November 21 2007 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by KingProdigy617 KingProdigy617 wrote:

@ Cash: Now you gotta pick up Halo 3 so I can lay the smackdown when my xbox gets back. 3 red lights....

oh I see u finally became a victim of the ring of death, thats exactly why i chose the ps3

-------------

Posted By: Meji
Date Posted: November 26 2007 at 7:59am
Xbox 360

-------------

Date Posted: November 26 2007 at 12:14pm
I got one (practically new) for $150

-------------

Posted By: Revolutionist
Date Posted: November 26 2007 at 8:59pm
Yea I gotta go with the 360 on this one. BTW, my gamertag is Devin1115 if any of you wanna go at it in Halo 3 sometime.

Print Page | Close Window