Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=58805
Printed Date: May 08 2024 at 2:06pm

Topic: Pre-Cut Ritual
Posted By: jamaicakid85
Subject: Pre-Cut Ritual
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 5:38pm

At the request of Bankboi I have decided to create a "pre-cut ritual". This will help you in preperation for getting a haircut because 80% of how your cut is going to look is from straight preperation anyway. Well let me cut the malarky and start already:

1) 4-6 hours before getting a cut wash your hair

2) Durag/Wavecap your hair for 2 hours

3) After 2 hours take out your brushes(hard+soft) and gets the brushin!(Start brushing with a hard brush and after that use nothin but a soft brush.

4) You will continue to brush until your ass is literally planted on the barbers chair, he might be watching you anyway to see how you brush your hair especially for those who get their cuts WTG(with the grain) so he can cut almost identical to how you brush. By the way the cut that usually works out well for most is a #2, if your hair is mad nappy a #1.5 is good, if your hair is super straight you don't want to go under a #2.5 or #3 WTG.

5) Be specific make sure your barber knows exactly what you want , repeat yourself if necessary, I would rather be a asshole with the right cut than to be meek with a f**ked up head.

****WARNING****
DO not wash your hair after getting a cut especially if it's lower than a #2 instead take a paper towel with some rubbing alcohol and clean off your hairline so you don't possibly breakout, water shrinks the hair so if your waves are light then after you wash your hair your waves will be almost non-existent/ or loss of definition, so I wouldn't recommend letting water hit the hair for at the least 4 days, and be careful brushing it especially with people who have similar texture to myself, take the safer choice and use your hand to brush your hair I hope this hair cut prep was good for most if not all.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Replies:
Posted By: 25cent
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 6:00pm
good info

-------------
Captain Of Blackspinnas
Thats why they call us black spinnas
[IMG]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/1112/5992504781vg1.gif" />
BLACK SPINNAS

Posted By: young spinna
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 8:34pm
thanks, i just got a cut to yesterday and was wondering how long should i wait into i wash.

-------------
last cut dec 1st back to wolfin
[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r10/acepilot2k7/wavez/waves2-1.jpg" />

Posted By: SupaFresh208
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 8:43pm
Great info, I'll add a little bit of sh*t. I dont have a pre-cut ritual basically what I do is wash my hair the day before I get a cut (thorough wash). I brush my hair with a softy before I go the the barber and then comb it afterwards. My barber combs my hair before he cuts mine (every barber does not do this). You should ask your barber to do so before he cuts your hair or just comb it beforehand for a nice even cut.

Once your hair is cut I recommend you washing your hair (others may differ), you might lose visibility but at the same token barbers cut dudes hair all day, that disinfectant spray is sanitary but do they honestly clean each brush they use on you everyday. Not to mention the scissors, razors, combs, etc. but to each his own. If you lost some visibility just wolf longer and focus on those less visible areas.

Thats how you know which areas need the most working on. I've been doing this forever even before waves came along...again to each his own.

-------------
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Posted By: iwave
Date Posted: January 13 2008 at 10:48pm
i agree with supa on this one...always wash immediately after a cut. Barbers clippers transfer bacteria picked up from other customers resulting in very nasty results (bumps in the back of yo head)..if u dont wash atleast disenfect ur outline..

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 3:12am
Holy crappers I knew I forgot something EDITED!!!

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 3:20am
Originally posted by SupaFresh208 SupaFresh208 wrote:

...again to each his own.

Word but for somebody especially with similar texture to me water to the hair after a fresh cut isn't the brightest idea in the world, you will be guaranteed to lose definition and visibility but then again to each his own.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: relly16
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 5:31am
good information.  the more knowledge the better.

Posted By: KingProdigy617
Date Posted: January 14 2008 at 10:19pm
I always wash after a cut. I never lose visability because I brush in the shower daily for 5-10 minutes.

-------------

Posted By: wave connection
Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 7:12am
Good post.

Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 7:55am
Originally posted by KingProdigy617 KingProdigy617 wrote:

I always wash after a cut. I never lose visability because I brush in the shower daily for 5-10 minutes.

Some people hair softer than others I have that Bizzy Bone shyt(lol) and if I get a cut lower than a #2 and wash my hair you would see a dramatic loss of visibility.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: newkidondablock
Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 1:54pm
when u say get a 1.5 or a 2 what is that the length?.... i done had dreads for the past three years till like a month ago

so fill me in  i dont wanna get in the chair like "gimmie a 1.5 " and the n**** be lookin at me like im dumb

Posted By: aw3911
Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 5:47pm
So there are no chemicals in your hair prior the the cut, right???

-------------

Posted By: BALLASTATUS
Date Posted: January 15 2008 at 9:39pm

good sh*t fam

-------------
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2598305240096762599uQqFxO">

Date Posted: January 16 2008 at 4:28am
Originally posted by newkidondablock newkidondablock wrote:

when u say get a 1.5 or a 2 what is that the length?.... i done had dreads for the past three years till like a month ago

so fill me in  i dont wanna get in the chair like "gimmie a 1.5 " and the n**** be lookin at me like im dumb

I forgot the exact guard number somebody who cuts their own hair can probably fill you in but barbers should know what a #1.5 is anyway.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: January 16 2008 at 4:29am
Originally posted by aw3911 aw3911 wrote:

So there are no chemicals in your hair prior the the cut, right???

Thats right no chemicals at all prior to the cut.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: January 16 2008 at 4:46am
i dont know i like to throw some cc in dare to make my hair apear with the moist look when i get it cuttt.....

-------------

Date Posted: January 17 2008 at 4:20am
Originally posted by BALLASTATUS BALLASTATUS wrote:

i dont know i like to throw some cc in dare to make my hair apear with the moist look when i get it cuttt.....

Your lucky then because I would love to get my haircut with some pink lotion in there but most barbers don't cut hair with products in them for fear of messing up them clips and it's like that all over (I know from experience I been to almost every state).

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Date Posted: January 17 2008 at 9:01pm

SEE MY HAIR IS MOR NAPPIER SO CC OR PINK REALLY DOESNT EFFECT ME TOO MUCH ...

BUT UR IS MORE STR8 THEN MINE SO DA CC AND PINK IS PROB, THICKER DEN IT WOULD BE IN MINE

-------------

Date Posted: January 17 2008 at 9:08pm
^^^ Yeah your right it probably doesn't render the same effects as it would my hair because of contrasting textures.

-------------

Waves(2001-Present)

Posted By: Floodhead
Date Posted: January 18 2008 at 6:33pm
Yea my barber always feel my hair b4 he cuts it 2 c if grease is in it
If it is he kicks me out da chair cuz I messed up his clippers once
So I wouldn't add moisterizer unless u have nappy hair like Balla

Posted By: hanger
Date Posted: January 19 2008 at 12:29pm
my hair is almost str8 and i get my cut wit pink in there. my barber who is my roomate neva said nothing to me. pink isnt as thick as something like sporting waves. so there should be no problem. thats jus my experience.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window