Forum Name: Men's 360 Waves - Part II
Forum Description: About 360 Waves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=59105
Printed Date: May 06 2024 at 7:53am

Topic: Couple Days Test
Posted By: southrap
Subject: Couple Days Test
Date Posted: February 07 2008 at 7:03pm
I experimented with a lot products. The ones I can remember are LJOT, motion's shine enhancing pomade, tea-tree oil, hollywood olive oil, hollywood carrot oil, (africa's best and hollywood) carrot creme, hollywood olive creme, motion's hair lotion, 360 style, sportin waves black and gold, murray's original and super light, dax wave and groom, luster's pink lotion, nunile, doo gro mega thick, vigorol indian hemp and super light indian hemp, softee indian hemp, barber's select moisturizer, olive cholesterol, carrot cholesterol, and that crown's hair dressing stuff.

Now IMO, the best way to tell if a product works good with your hair is to give it what I call the "couple days test"

The way it works is simple. You pick what product you wanna test out, do your shampooing routine (to make sure there's nothing else in your hair when you do this test) and then you apply the product. After applying it, all you do is brush and du-rag for as long as you can until you feel you need to apply it again. When you know you need to apply it again is when your hair becomes hard to manage (not soft, no shine and feels rough)

Moisturizers will last the least amount of days, pomade will last the most amount of days and grease will fall inbetween the two.

If any product doesn't make it past 10 hours, then that product is not for your hair. After that period, keep track on how long you can go before needing to re-apply the product (doesn't have to be exact, i usually round it off to the nearest half hour) remember the time, then re-do the test with other products you wanna try until you either find one that stays in your hair longer or get tired of trying out other products.

That's how I narrowed it down to figure out which products would be best for my hair when in each category. pink lotion for moisturizer, vigorol super light indian hemp for grease and murray's super light for pomade

eventually i'm gonna narrow it down to just one product which i'm working on right now. I figured probably the only way I'm gonna be able to perfect my waves the way I want to, is by using only 1 product for a while.

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: SupaFresh208
Date Posted: February 07 2008 at 9:05pm
19views no comments WOW...this was some good info fam. And I've noticed that as well you hit it right on the money about moisturizers, greases, and pomades.

Originally posted by southrap southrap wrote:

Moisturizers will last the least amount of days, pomade will last the most amount of days and grease will fall inbetween the two.

You can alleviate all of this by just rinsing the products out of your hair everynight. Im not saying Shampoo wash your hair nightly but I'm just saying rinse then out then re-add them.

-------------
"FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS BRUSH SLOWER WITH LESS PRESSURE"

WOLFING COMPLETE = MY WAVES ARE UNTOUCHABLE

Posted By: khunter2010
Date Posted: February 07 2008 at 9:41pm
I just got that vigorol super light indian hemp, what does it do for yor hair

Posted By: hanger
Date Posted: February 08 2008 at 10:37am
good info. dam south u always on da grind. u prob brush when u sleep

-------------

Posted By: wave connection
Date Posted: February 08 2008 at 10:45am
Nice info, Southrap.

Date Posted: February 09 2008 at 3:50pm
^^ then the barber's select shampoo must be one of those special shampoos because i never had a problem washing out pomade fully.  but that's good info to know if i ever decided to switch shampoos

-------------

Posted By: wave connection
Date Posted: February 09 2008 at 4:32pm
http://www.thegreaseshop.com/catalog/dax_vegshampoo.jpg">Dax%20Vegetable%20Oil%20Shampoo
This is one of the best shampoos on the market for removing product from hair.

Date Posted: February 09 2008 at 4:34pm
if i ever come across that, i'll try it out

-------------

Print Page | Close Window