Print Page | Close Window

I think I ready for my tummy tuck....

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Lace Front Wigs
Forum Name: Off Topics
Forum Description: General Chats, Topics, Rants & Raves
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60121
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 11:20pm

Topic: I think I ready for my tummy tuck....
Posted By: meechie2cute
Subject: I think I ready for my tummy tuck....
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 11:50am
But I am going to costa rica to have it done. Please share your thoughts if any?  I already know about the reaserch part. i have been wanting this for at least 10 years and now I am financially stable and can do it. http://www.cocori.com/library/life/med1.htm - http://www.cocori.com/library/life/med1.htm  I would like to see all aspects.

Replies:
Posted By: Curlygirl11
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 12:32pm
I saw specials on Dateline NBC and 20/20 about American women going there to get plastic surgery at a fraction of the cost it would be here in America. They said a lot of those surgeons have more experience than the American surgeons because women travel there from all over the world to get their surgery done. Besides that I don't know anything about it.

I would still recommend researching the specific doctor that will be doing your surgery. Also, will your medical insurance from the U.S. pay for hospital care in the unlikely event that you might have any complications over there? Will your regular medical insurance cover any follow-up care that might be required once you return home or will that be out of pocket?

Please keep me posted because I've been thinking about liposuction for a few years and if I were gonna do it I would probably want to go the same route you're going. 

Posted By: Justgotbettermd
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:11pm
Be careful about going to foreign countries to have this procedure done.  I had mines done about 2 years ago.  The recovery was long and hard.  Also, why don't you log onto http://www.makemeheal.com - www.makemeheal.com it's a plastic surgery board, similar to this one that has tons of information.  I found this site so helpful, and the women were wonderful.

Good luck

Keep us updated

Posted By: intl_babygirl
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:12pm
meechie ... girl im telling you this for you own good ... GO TO florida centre for cosmetic surgery !

.... stay away from thirdworld non english speaking countries for surgery ! ... i just had a girlfriend die in santo domingo 2 weeks ago from a heart attack after surgery .  

Posted By: missmodesty
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:34pm
girl please stay here,
you said your are financially stable,i would recommend that you use it as a proof to get a loan and then go to a reputable surgeon here in the US,its better and you know you are legally protected against any malpractice,
going over there is risky,even tho is cheaper,its your life that you have to preserve,your life and well being is much more important you know.

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Justgotbettermd Justgotbettermd wrote:

Be careful about going to foreign countries to have this procedure done.  I had mines done about 2 years ago.  The recovery was long and hard.  Also, why don't you log onto http://www.makemeheal.com - www.makemeheal.com it's a plastic surgery board, similar to this one that has tons of information.  I found this site so helpful, and the women were wonderful.

Good luck

Keep us updated

Thanks for the info. I am a member her already. It is a great site.  I went here when I had my boobies done and I love it. 

Posted By: checolatediva1
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:00pm
You go for it girl. Make sure you say your prayers and the almighty will have your back. What is to be will be no matter where you have the surgery done. Put your trust in God. Good luck and God Bless. Please keep us abreast of you progress cause I am considering a little work as well.

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

I saw specials on Dateline NBC and 20/20 about American women going there to get plastic surgery at a fraction of the cost it would be here in America. They said a lot of those surgeons have more experience than the American surgeons because women travel there from all over the world to get their surgery done. Besides that I don't know anything about it.

I would still recommend researching the specific doctor that will be doing your surgery. Also, will your medical insurance from the U.S. pay for hospital care in the unlikely event that you might have any complications over there? Will your regular medical insurance cover any follow-up care that might be required once you return home or will that be out of pocket?

Please keep me posted because I've been thinking about liposuction for a few years and if I were gonna do it I would probably want to go the same route you're going. 

These are excellent questions. I willposethem to mebership servces on MOnday. I  have Kaiser an who knows with them.  Also, I have always wante do go to costa rica and w it will be possible  to kll to bids with one stone. I would stay for about two weeks in a recovery hotel with nurses and a chef a maid.Way better than home. I am planning on spending about 6000 for sugery and trip together and have a great team of doctors. I will  keep you posted curly!

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:03pm
Why not have a bunch of us go together can you imagine the savings?hmmmmm..........aint nothing wrong with a little nip/tuck among sistas!

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by missmodesty missmodesty wrote:

girl please stay here,
you said your are financially stable,i would recommend that you use it as a proof to get a loan and then go to a reputable surgeon here in the US,its better and you know you are legally protected against any malpractice,
going over there is risky,even tho is cheaper,its your life that you have to preserve,your life and well being is much more important you know.
I know, this was very important to me as well. But I am protected there as well. I know that I  will be in the Lords hands and he will protect me and show me the way. Also they have guidelines as well as here in the US. It is important about a qaulity Doctor doing the surgery in a safe and sterile enviroment. Look at Kanye mom she died with a lot of money right here in the USA so yeah you never know. There are tons of places here in Cali but they want 10-11 thousand bucks. For less money I can get more. I promise I will reserach it throughly. I wil not have anything done until early summer 2009. This gives me tons of time to be surely positive.

Posted By: loveangie
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 2:43pm
Finally a topic I know something about ...

Hi, this is NOT a time to be bargain shopping!   I had my tummy tuck last April and just had a revision (the doc wasn't quite satisfied with his work so he made me a little flatter for free) in February so I'm still recovering one year later. A lot of surgeons charge their patients for revisions, but mine did not, which was really awesome. It's my body so I spared no expense.   Had I gone to "East Ja'blip", I wouldn't have had this option.

I havent't a need for a boob job but from what I've heard, it can't compare in severity to the recovery process of a full tummy tuck if that's what you're having.

Also, if you should have a negative outcome, what will your recourse be? Think about it please?

Good luck and God Bless.

Love Angie      

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by loveangie loveangie wrote:

Finally a topic I know something about ...

Hi, this is NOT a time to be bargain shopping!   I had my tummy tuck last April and just had a revision (the doc wasn't quite satisfied with his work so he made me a little flatter for free) in February so I'm still recovering one year later. A lot of surgeons charge their patients for revisions, but mine did not, which was really awesome. It's my body so I spared no expense.   Had I gone to "East Ja'blip", I wouldn't have had this option.

I havent't a need for a boob job but from what I've heard, it can't compare in severity to the recovery process of a full tummy tuck if that's what you're having.

Also, if you should have a negative outcome, what will your recourse be? Think about it please?

Good luck and God Bless.

Love Angie      

Thank you. That is a great question that stands here in the US as well. My Doctor gave me revisons on my breast as well. I had a reduction with a lift and liposuction on the sides. He is the best Doctor that  know. But he is from Kaiser and the procedure is not covered. As you stated Doctors dn't usaully do revisions at t no costto the patient unless they feel they did something to their disatisfaction. I clearly uderstand the risk, but I am looking for pro and cons. The only pro for the US is the ability to sue, what else is there?  I am open to all suggestions.

Posted By: sexibeach
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 4:34pm
hey meechie i say go for it.. i had it done in 2001, i've removed all signs of child birthing...LOL i'm a hottie now more than i was b4 i had kids.. i did a whole body make over right here in the US...i have a website i'll pm you my befores and afters and my whole experience i'm also a member of make me heal but also this is where i start on this board here and did all my research,  http://www.allaboutplasticsurgery.com/myforums/start/login.php?webtag=&msg - http://www.allaboutplasticsurgery.com/myforums/start/login.php?webtag=&msg =

i totally don't regret it at all.. i got the works all at the same times.. i took my high school picture and told my PS who was a woman who's a total perfectionist to give me my boobs back and she did.. i had BA/Lift, Full Tummy Tuck, UAL Lipo to Contour my upper, lower abs and flanks, plus a areola reduction b/c my nips where huge from all that breast feeding so now they are perfect silver dollars.. so i not only know about hair i know about this subject too.. really the hair was the end of my journey, i did my body, went to skin makeover, and then to hair..

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 4:55pm

Wow Sexi! I never knew that! I had the boobs done in 2006 and some revisions in 2007. I loved it. I have got perky girls. They look great whether I have a shirt on or off. But when your tits are up you notice that your stomach is fat and way to big. I have lost weight. I was a size 24 and now I am a 14-16. I want fit a size 9-10. I still have a long way to go and this would be my last step. I am looking forward to this. Sometimes family and friends are not supportive they are often times negative. When my husband and I decided to get my breast done my family's reaction was like why you doing that? God made you this way? Your crazy, I aint letting nobody cut me! They even told me,  I was going to die! I still went through anyways, just in secret. Today, I would never allow any one to discourag me if I feel it is the right thing to do. I understand the risks, but I have had two kids, Two c-sections and lost alot of weight. I excersie, but those marks on my belly and it sags. So I am getting it done regardless, but I want feedback on destination plastic surgery. This costa rica thing sound super fantastic to me and I want to do it but I want to be fully aware of those risks associated with these procedures abroad.

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by meechie2cute meechie2cute wrote:

Wow Sexi! I never knew that! I had the boobs done in 2006 and some revisions in 2007. I loved it. I have got perky girls. They look great whether I have a shirt on or off. But when your tits are up you notice that your stomach is fat and way to big. I have lost weight. I was a size 24 and now I am a 14-16. I want fit a size 9-10. I still have a long way to go and this would be my last step. I am looking forward to this. Sometimes family and friends are not supportive they are often times negative. When my husband and I decided to get my breast done my family's reaction was like why you doing that? God made you this way? Your crazy, I aint letting nobody cut me! They even told me,  I was going to die! I still went through anyways, just in secret. Today, I would never allow any one to discourag me if I feel it is the right thing to do. I understand the risks, but I have had two kids, Two c-sections and lost alot of weight. I excersie, but those marks on my belly and it sags. So I am getting it done regardless, but I want feedback on destination plastic surgery. This costa rica thing sound super fantastic to me and I want to do it but I want to be fully aware of those risks associated with these procedures abroad.

that's true i didn't tell nobody but my kids, and my friend she stayed with me over night.. i'm scurred of other countries so i'd do some research here, my surgeon is the bomb! that's woman is a miracle worker!  i didn't want my tummy flat and my boobs dropping down on that tummy and my boobs all perky and my gut sticking out.. i always had a gut even at a size 3 i hated it all my life.. so i took care of it totally, i had big boobs in high school but the boys sucked the life right out of them breast feeding i went from a 38 C cup to a 36 C cup after that.. so now i got the flat tummy and some DD's going on b/c usually implants are one size smaller than natural breast tissue and the projection isn't the same altho now they have these high, med, and low profiles to correct that but that was b4 my time...LOL and read on my website how IMPORTANT taking stool softner's 3 days prior to surgery b/c that's for real, those  med's will consipate you and nothing is worst than trying to do what you gonna do and can't after a tummy tuck that ain't funny at all..but doing homework is essential, just like i do the research on my hair, i did the same on the procedures i had, and i never had to do revision but on one scar on my left breast b/c i tore two small incisions there b/c i had to pull to get up from the tummy tuck that is hell to recovery, its hard but worth it so much..

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 5:28pm
dang i'm so happy to see other black women getting all dolled up and having plastic surgery this is amazing to have something else in common and we can help each other with that as well.. ya go on with ya bad self.. LOL

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 6:21pm

Yup. I was talking about it with my hubby again and we just sealed the deal. I just want a travel partner. I think I may have one...we will see.

Posted By: meangirl76
Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 6:59pm
Ladies, I am right behind you on this one...even at my thinest (6) I have always had an annoying pouch.

As soon as I pop these babies for hubby, its a wrap!

Date Posted: March 30 2008 at 9:52pm

As you stated Doctors dn't usaully do revisions at t no costto the patient unless they feel they did something to their disatisfaction. I clearly uderstand the risk, but I am looking for pro and cons. The only pro for the US is the ability to sue, what else is there?  I am open to all suggestions.

Hi, Just let me quickly clear something up about revisions: It isn't that my doctor did anything wrong. Quite the opposite. We have an excellent rapport and he told me at my initial consultation that I may not get completely flat due to the shape of my abdominal muscles. I was thrilled with my results but he felt that I could get a little flatter. The cost was covered by my original surgery so it there was no additional charge and it was done in his office's surgery suite under local.   Many surgeons offer this in the right circomestances. Not having to buy a plane ticket for this is a "pro".

Another "pro" for the U.S. is the ability to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

By negative outcome and recourse I mean if anything unexpected should happen upon your return to the U.S., how would your post-operative care and any complications be handled?

By all means, trust God and fear not, but be ye also ready.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 7:45am
Originally posted by loveangie loveangie wrote:

As you stated Doctors dn't usaully do revisions at t no costto the patient unless they feel they did something to their disatisfaction. I clearly uderstand the risk, but I am looking for pro and cons. The only pro for the US is the ability to sue, what else is there?  I am open to all suggestions.

Hi, Just let me quickly clear something up about revisions: It isn't that my doctor did anything wrong. Quite the opposite. We have an excellent rapport and he told me at my initial consultation that I may not get completely flat due to the shape of my abdominal muscles. I was thrilled with my results but he felt that I could get a little flatter. The cost was covered by my original surgery so it there was no additional charge and it was done in his office's surgery suite under local.   Many surgeons offer this in the right circomestances. Not having to buy a plane ticket for this is a "pro".

Another "pro" for the U.S. is the ability to pick a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

By negative outcome and recourse I mean if anything unexpected should happen upon your return to the U.S., how would your post-operative care and any complications be handled?

By all means, trust God and fear not, but be ye also ready.

Hey i'm wondering did you have a full tummy tuck that included your muscle work? i know that not all tummy tucks include the muscle work especially some of the mini tucks..

Posted By: griff
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 8:08am
Hi Meechie and everybody else,

I'm right behind you!  My two kids caused MAJOR damage to my stomach and breasts.  I refuse to let this be how I look forever.  Meechie, I hear you on the exercise thing!  I have done my part....lost weight...exercise religiously...and these are things that are not in my power to fix.  My mom's had work, so while she doesn't approve, she doesn't really discourage me either.  I'm going for a full tummy tuck (they rec. a mini but I want all the stretch marks gone), a B.lift w/ BA (to fill back up what my kids stole Angry), and possibly a brazilian butt lift with the fat that gets lipoed out.  If I don't get the BBL, then I will get my waist, upper abs, flanks, hips and thighs sucted out for contouring.  I'm a size 8 now or a 6 depending on how much I spend on my clothes Wink, but I would like to be a junior's size 7 or a women's size 6 (consistently).  I am very scared to leave the country.  You are brave and I admire that.  I will be either using a black female plastic surgeon in Montclair, NJ or traveling to Florida to get it done. 

Good Luck!!!!  When do you plan on having it done?  I'm researching and plan to have mine either this summer or next summer.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 8:40am

unfortunately all the sit ups in the world won't repair what child births does.. your muscle spread apart and totally separate and the full tummy tuck stitches them back together along the ab wall so that you can repair what child birthing does to you..

Posted By: phillycutee
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 8:59am

Good morning Ladies, Boy am I glad to see a topic like this on here. Meechi- I had lapband surgery in 3/07, I started at a size 26. I have since lost 62 pounds and down to a size 16. Im still on the road to lose another 50 and then I want a FULL TT and breast lift cause My stomach is just terrible!! Its crazy how I felt more comfortable naked when I was bigger!   Sexy I know you had the full tt, how long was your recovery? Mechie to your knowledge is your insurance willing to cover any of your PS? I know alot of times if its due to weightloss you can at least get them insurance to spring for the cost of the skin removal, but then u can just add additional money for the full TT. Thanks to both of you ladies for those links to diffrent websites. I still have a while to go, but ive already been going to consultaions here and there just so i know how much more i MUST lose b4 someone is willing to do my surgery.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:09am
Originally posted by phillycutee phillycutee wrote:

Good morning Ladies, Boy am I glad to see a topic like this on here. Meechi- I had lapband surgery in 3/07, I started at a size 26. I have since lost 62 pounds and down to a size 16. Im still on the road to lose another 50 and then I want a FULL TT and breast lift cause My stomach is just terrible!! Its crazy how I felt more comfortable naked when I was bigger!   Sexy I know you had the full tt, how long was your recovery? Mechie to your knowledge is your insurance willing to cover any of your PS? I know alot of times if its due to weightloss you can at least get them insurance to spring for the cost of the skin removal, but then u can just add additional money for the full TT. Thanks to both of you ladies for those links to diffrent websites. I still have a while to go, but ive already been going to consultaions here and there just so i know how much more i MUST lose b4 someone is willing to do my surgery.

that's great girl, congrad's on the weight loss.. and YES its rough but worth it, the first week your so high you can barely remember that anyways..  but i saw my results immediately after surgery i was flat as a pancake.. you have two drains that they remove one the first week and then the other one the second week, then you have more swelling after that.. b/c anytime you cut the body you automatically have fluid production so lots of water is needed to flush it out of the system.. the most difficult part is walking upright which eventually will come, its those tight muscles that have you bent over.. i'd say about week 4 i was able to do that and i was back to work full time.. but once you get active at least walking and putting in a full day at work you'll experience some swelling by the end of the day.. but that compression torture garment is really your best friend, it might be bulky but it helps secure the tummy and assist with the swelling so its a love hate relationship.. 

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:11am
Does anyone know if insurance will cover the muscle repair portion of the surgery???

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:14am
Originally posted by griff griff wrote:

Does anyone know if insurance will cover the muscle repair portion of the surgery???

it should be included in your full tummy tuck price.. i don't know if insurance will cover it unless you can get a doctor to write a letter.. i know my sister in law did to get the gastic bypass surgery and they covered that.. and i've seen it done for breast reductions if a doctor writes a letter to the insurance company..

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:30am

Sexi is right because my insurance said NO WAY to the muscle portion, all they are willing to pay for is the excess skin removal, but I know people in my lapband support group that were able to get the whole thing covered by theor insurance.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:38am
Well, my breast reduction, lipo and lift were all done by Kaiser ( my insurance company) but beacsue I don't have a PANNUS or a large "apron" I don't qualify. So that is out of the question.  Also, Costa Rica ranks higher on the plastic surgery scale than the USA. I was like wow! But I am definelty going there and I am prepared for the star treatment. If I stay here I spend 10-20 grand and come back home to life and kids. There I spend about 6000 and get pampered from start to finish. I could NEVER afford a recovery center here in LA they are like 1000 a day and only for the wealthly or a celebrity. Plus, who can beat such a beautful place like costa rica. I am so excited.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:40am
Philly congrats on your weight loss. That is amazing! Once you have your surgery, yuor really going feel great!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:58am
Meechie,

If you are comfortable with the idea of Costa Rica I say go for it!!! I'm one of those super scary people though.  Even in the US there's only a handful of hospitals I would even consider allowing to operate on me!  I won't try any drug not regulated by the FDA (no recreational stuff of any kind has EVER crossed my lips).  I think it's smart to go that route if you can get more work for less money.

Sexi and Philly:  I figured that my insurance would laugh at me.  It's worth a try, but I'm prepared to pay for it all. 

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:59am
 I would not mind a body similar to this. I want to be fit, tight with out jiggle and have some AZZ, thighs and a small waist.

Posted By: ShowStoppers
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:25am

Meechie2cute, I say go for it. You only live once and we are not getting any younger. She's my motivation too.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:26am

If you need a travel partner I am down.  LOL

Posted By: mochamom
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:58am

Meechie, girl, you go for itgirlpower

Posted By: luvmylf
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:16am
I had a tummy tuck (the ps made a 6 pack) liposuction and breast reduction and lift in 2002. The tummy tuck was first, then the breast 2 months later. My ps would not do both at the same time. I looked like BarbieLOL. 4 years and much stress later, I got lapband done. I lost 50 lbs fast, I noticed that my perfect breasts were not looking perky anymore. I realized that I made a mistake by having the surgeries before I lost all of the weight that I wanted to. So I will need to have my breast done again. My tummy is still tight!
Now I want to do my face, I want to remove the bags under my eyes and get a nose job. I also want to get a REAL butt. I have thought about going out of the country (Thailand) for the surgery but I am not sure yet.
I am not sure where I will get it done, but I do know that I will get the ps done before October.
I would rec' ps for anyone who has given it thought, researched their options, and can afford the procedures. I have never regretted my decisions. By the way my breast reduction was covered by insurance, and the lift was included.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:21am

LuvmyLF  someone had told me once before to lose weight by getting down to the size I desire then it is best to have the surgery.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:26am
would you please share which plastic surgeon you are considering? 6000 for everything and pampering sounds like what I am looking for

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:33am

Maybe we can research this together, I want to have everything done Sept/Oct this year.

I should have lost all of the weight that I wanted to prior to the surgery. BUT once I decided that I was going to get it done I just could/would not waitSmile 

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:40am

I went for a consultation and the surgeon advise me that I can get a tummy tuck and a little lipo on each side of my hip for the sculpture look or I could just lose the weight and only get the tummy tuck.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:42am

I personally do not know anyone that has had a tummy tuck without liposuction

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Hey i'm wondering did you have a full tummy tuck that included your muscle work? i know that not all tummy tucks include the muscle work especially some of the mini tucks..

Hey Sexi,

Yes, I had a full tummytuck with muscle repair, Lipo to back and flanks. My upper abd muscles are slightly bowed. If you look at Pepa, hers are as well. Her tummy is flat but her upper abs protrude a little (not picking her apart - just something I noticed since it reminded me of me ). Sometimes you can see it and sometimes you can't.

Plus, to be honest, I wasn't a small girl at the time of my surgery and I'm still not. I look fabulous and I would encourage anyone to do the same thing -- only do it as safely as possible is all.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 12:25pm
that's great me too, i'm all about beautifications.. ClapClapClap

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by luvmylf luvmylf wrote:

I personally do not know anyone that has had a tummy tuck without liposuction

honestly depending on what part of the country you live in, sometimes they don't.. that's why i always advise people to ASK if this is included in the price as well as the muscle repair work...

Posted By: precioushur
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:14pm
go for it girl. I think i will research it too!!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:29pm

I got an email from them:

Hello Demetria,
Thank you for your interest in our services.  I have given your request for information on your tummy tuck to the doctors.  Dr. Cohen or Dr. Rosenstock will get back to you as soon as possible with information.  Your quote will include everything you need for your surgery: preop testing, consult, surgery, and follow up. You will need to stay for 12 days of postop follow up. 

Your tummy tuck quote will include liposuction of the hips and waist.  Did you want liposuction on another area?  If so, please just let me know and I will be glad to give you a quote on that area.

Coming in June is fine as it will allow you time to not only plan your trip but to learn more about the Rosenstock Cosmetic Center, the doctors, and your procedures.

How we schedule your visit:
If your flight arrives in the morning then both consult and surgery will be on your arrival day.  If you arrive later in day then just your consult will be on arrival day and surgery the next day.  Arrive in the evening then consult and surgery the day after arrival. 

The Rosenstock, Cohen, and Lieberman Center has been performing cosmetic surgery for over 25 years.  Dr. Jose Cohen, Dr. Clare Lieberman, and Dr. Rashi Rosenstock are board certified cosmetic surgeons.  They are members of the International Confederation of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS).  85% of our patients come from the United States and Canada.
Dr. Rashi Rosenstock is the only doctor in Costa Rica that belongs to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.   http://www.surgery.org/public/epp/RRosenstock - http://www.surgery.org/public/epp/RRosenstock He studied under doctor Ivo Pitanguy (Brazil)  one of the premier plastic surgeons in the world.  Dr. Cohen is a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
In addition to all of the associations that both Dr. Rashi and Dr. Cohen are members of, they also conduct scientific research and develop new techniques which they teach to American doctors under the sponsorship of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.

As with any surgery, the surgeon's credentials and referrals from former patients are the best way to learn about the doctor and his work.  I will be happy to send referrals. Please go to our other website: http://www.cosmetic-cr.com/ - www.cosmetic-cr.com to learn about your procedure, the clinic, the doctors, and recovery. 

We recommend for most of our patients that they stay at a recovery retreat for their postop care. Recovery retreats offer: transportation to and from the airport, consult, surgery, and follow up visit, 3 meals a day and snacks, RN nursing care, personal aides, and an English speaking staff, as well as fellow patients to chat with.  Here are several retreats to look at:
Paradise Cosmetic Inn: http://www.paradisecosmeticinn.com/ - www.paradisecosmeticinn.com   
Che Tica Ranch: http://www.cheticaranch.com/ - www.cheticaranch.com
Casa de la Mariposa: http://www.casadelamariposacostarica.com/ - www.casadelamariposacostarica.com

We invite our patients to choose the recovery retreat that most appeals to their tastes.  All of the retreats offer the services outlined about, however each one offers different amenities and style.  Please let us know which recovery retreat is your choice.

It is not mandatory for you to stay at a retreat, just let me know if you prefer a B&B or hotel and I will send information on local lodging.

Costa Rica is the number one choice of people looking to have cosmetic surgery because of the excellent medical care and because it is a tourist friendly country. This means that visitors can eat the food and drink the water without any fear of illness, the country has a very low crime rate, most Costa Ricans understand and speak English, the country is a tropical paradise, and the "Ticos" for known for their friendly laid-back nature.

Please let me know if you need help with choosing your lodging or the planning of your trip.  As the patient coordinator of the Rosenstock Center I am here to assist you with your plans, appointments, flight, and any additional information you may need about surgery. 

We are located in San Jose.  You will need to fly into SJO - San Jose International Airport.  The airlines that fly into SJO are: American, American West, Delta, Continental, United, US Airways, Air Canada, COPA, TACA, and Mexicana.

The doctors have asked that you please direct all your emails to me at  mailto:norahcr@aol.com - norahcr@aol.com  which will allow us to keep all of your information in one file, and that your emails will then get answered in a timely fashion.
Once again, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. 
Sincerely,

Nora Allen
Patient Coordinator
Rosenstock, Cohen, and Lieberman Center
Mario E. Garita, DDS
http://www.healthcostarica.com/ - http://www.healthcostarica.com

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:42pm
How much is it?

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 1:43pm
http://www.paradisecosmeticinn.com/our_rates.htm#our_rates - http://www.paradisecosmeticinn.com/our_rates.htm#our_rates  I am staying here!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 3:34pm
I just completed my questionaire, should get an answer regarding the prices within 48 hours  -  Thanks  http://talk.hairboutique.com/member_profile.asp?PF=53604&FID=83 - meechie2cute

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 4:11pm
More forums and info:

http://www.beautysurg.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=261 - http://www.beautysurg.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=261
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/costaricaplasticsurgery/messages - http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/costaricaplasticsurgery/messages
http://www.crcosmeticsurgery.info/ - http://www.crcosmeticsurgery.info/
http://www.plasticsurgeryjourneys.com/

Better Looks  http://www.betterlooks.co.cr/index.htm - http://www.betterlooks.co.cr/index.htm

Costa Rica Health by Costa Rica New Look  http://www.costaricahealth.com/ - http://www.costaricahealth.com/

Costa Rica New Look Medical Tourism  http://www.costaricanewlook.com/ - http://www.costaricanewlook.com/

Costa Rica Unique Tours  http://www.travel.costaricabooks.com/ - http://www.travel.costaricabooks.com/

Costa Rican Medical Vacation  http://www.costarica.org/medical.htm - http://www.costarica.org/medical.htm

Global Medical Referrals  http://www.globalmedicalreferrals.com/ - http://www.globalmedicalreferrals.com/

Health Escapes - Cosmetic surgery (plastic surgery) and dentistry in Costa Rica http://www.healthcostarica.com/ - http://www.healthcostarica.com/

(The) Health Tourism Corporation of Costa Rica  http://www.cocori.com/healthtourcr/index.htm/ - http://www.cocori.com/healthtourcr/index.htm/

Healthbase - Healthcare Beyond Borders  http://www.healthbase.com/ - http://www.healthbase.com/

Med Journeys  http://www.medjourneys.com/ - http://www.medjourneys.com/

Med Retreat  http://medretreat.com/index.html/ - http://medretreat.com/index.html/

(The) Medical Beauty of Costa Rica  http://www.thebeautyofcostarica.com/index.html/ - http://www.thebeautyofcostarica.com/index.html/

Medical Nomad  http://www.medicalnomad.com/ - http://www.medicalnomad.com/

Medical Tourism of Costa Rica  http://www.medicaltourismofcostarica.com/ - http://www.medicaltourismofcostarica.com/

Medical Tours Costa Rica  http://www.medicaltourscostarica.com/ - http://www.medicaltourscostarica.com/

Medical Tours International  http://www.cmiregistration.com/user/splash__org__1032.htm - http://www.cmiregistration.com/user/splash__org__1032.htm

MediTravels  http://www.meditravels.org/ - http://www.meditravels.org/

New Medical Horizons, Inc.  http://www.newmedicalhorizons.com/ - http://www.newmedicalhorizons.com/

Placid Way  http://www.placidway.com/index.php - http://www.placidway.com/index.php

Planet Hospital  http://www.planethospital.com/ - http://www.planethospital.com/

Surgery And Spa - Health and Beauty Tourism  http://www.surgeryandspa.com/ - http://www.surgeryandspa.com/

White House Costa Rica Hotel Restaurant Casino & Spa - Costagenics Medical Spa  http://www.whitehousecostarica.com/costagenic.html/ - http://www.whitehousecostarica.com/costagenic.html/

Colegio de Medicos y Cirujanos de Costa Rica. (Costa Rican Association of Physicians & Surgeons) (Spanish site)  http://www.medicos.sa.cr/web/ - http://www.medicos.sa.cr/web/

International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery  http://www.isaps.org/ - http://www.isaps.org

College of Dental Surgeons of Costa Rica  http://www.colegiodentistas.org/cms/ - http://www.colegiodentistas.org/cms/

American Society of Plastic Surgeons  http://www.plasticsurgery.org/ - http://www.plasticsurgery.org/   - you can view plastic surgeries procedures in 3D.

The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery  http://www.surgery.org/ - http://www.surgery.org/

American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery  http://www.cosmeticsurgery.org/ - http://www.cosmeticsurgery.org/

U.S. National Institute of Health - federally and privately supported clinical research in human volunteers  http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ - http://www.clinicaltrials.gov

The Encyclopedia of Surgery. Written for healthcare students and patients covering 450 surgical procedures and topics in detail. http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/ - http://www.surgeryencyclopedia.com/

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 4:23pm
WOW Thank you ladies for all the info, we need to start a whole new forum for this stuff!!!!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 4:30pm
Okay Meechie, I thought I was doing big things whenever I go to http://www.glenivy.com/index.php - http://www.glenivy.com/index.php  with my girls on the weekend but I can see that the spot in Costa Rica is all that. I LOVE the views. What a nice place to recover and I like the fact that they have a clinic on grounds. Still make sure you don't forget to research the doctors and the clinic and find out if Kaiser will cover any post operative complications that could occur (hopefully they wont) once you're back at home.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 4:34pm
Hey curly, I love Glen Ivy! It is so relaxing. There is nothing like being nude and getting rubbed at the same time. lol Which one do you go to?

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 4:55pm
I go to the Hot Springs Spa in Corona. I love the natural sulfur baths. It's amazing how that water comes out of earth hotter than the water in the hot tubs. The smell took some getting used to but NOTHING leaves my skin and hair softer than those sulfer mineral springs. I also like to go underground to the grotto. Have you ever had the seaweed wrap?

I've also been to the newer one in Huntington Beach but I don't like it as much as Corona. Which ones have you gone to?

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 5:16pm
i just gotta say great research which you gotta do, there is a certification process that doctors even in other countries MUST be certified in for american standards.. i gave meechie the link of what it is..your doctor needs to be board certified i could tell you a horrible story of a lady that contacted me about a doctor in my state, so it can happen everywhere.. anyways the other tortment of this after its done is working out.. i just finished and i hate it.. but when you get mutiple procedures done at the same time the price should go down some.. i paid 13,102 for all of mine's and that's what keeps my butt on the floor doing these pilates and working out (which i hate) b/c i think  about the money i spent, i betta work out.. remember the work ain't done once you get the procedure to keep it looking hot you gotta still take care of yourself.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 5:17pm
I like the one in Westchester.  It it close to my house and super affordable. I cannot wait to go back! I had the wrap, but it did nothing for me as far weightloss, but it felt great!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 5:26pm

I like the one in Westchester.  It it close to my house and super affordable. I cannot wait to go back! I had the wrap, but it did nothing for me as far weightloss, but it felt great!

Meechie you gotta check out the one in Corona when you get a chance. It's was the very first one built back in the 1800's  because it's centered around the natural mineral springs coming out of the earth in that area. It's like a huge resort nestled in the mountains with beautiful landscaping all over the place. If you go there it will be an all day affair because there is so much stuff to do there.....sulfer springs, salt water hot tubs, fresh water hot tubs, mud baths, the underground grotto, several swimming pools, full body massages, wraps, scrubs, facials, manicures, pedicures, a restaurant, live jazz music etc., etc., etc.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 7:35pm
Oh wow Curly, I will have to make a day of that!

Just an update my quote was $3800 which include plastic surgeons
fee, operating room, anesthetist, overnight stay at
our center when needed, all material used, follow ups,
medications and garments.

So for my recovery stay, airfare, plus teeth whitening it will be a little less than $6000 All I can say is Vacation to costa Rica here I come!!!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 8:31pm
Dang !!  That sounds ssssoooooooooooo nice.

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 9:07pm

meechie,

Did you really say 3800??? You have a scary girl interested!  What exactly are you getting done?  How many procedures?

Posted By: satinbeauty
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:15pm
Hi, M2C i just wanted to add that I have a very good friend who is from Costa Rica and she had told me a few years ago that the Doctors in Costa Rica are very very good and inexpensive compared to the U.S. And that many people go there for their surgeries. And if I wanted to have any procedures done she would go with me and make sure that I have a place to stay and whatever I needed. I think that if you decide to go out of the country that is the place you want to go.

Best wishes for you and God Bless!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 10:51pm

meechie,

Did you really say 3800??? You have a scary girl interested!  What exactly are you getting done?  How many procedures?

Yes girl $ less than 6000 for EVERYTHING. , a tummy tuck with muscle repair, teeth whitening and lipo to my back, waist and hips!

Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:51pm

meechie,

Yes girl $ less than 6000 for EVERYTHING. , a tummy tuck with muscle repair, teeth whitening and lipo to my back, waist and hips!

Meechie does that price include your airfare and your stay at the clinic/resort ?

Posted By: KinkyLinks
Date Posted: March 31 2008 at 11:59pm
That sounds great!
I was thinking about going to DR, I research alot on PSJ it's a great site to research.From what I read Dr. Rashi Rosenstock is a good Dr.

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Curlygirl11 Curlygirl11 wrote:

meechie,

Meechie does that price include your airfare and your stay at the clinic/resort ?

Yes...isn't that wonderful. I cried today with my hubby cause I am so happy. I never thought I cold ever afford this. Out here in Cali, the prices are simply outrageous. They want 20, 000 for everything I want. and with costa rica, I get a great posh facility with nurses and someone to cook and help me. Yeah, at hoem I would have gotton that for a few days and then life begins again...hubby, kids and life. There in Costa Rica, I can heal without worries, I may be in discomfort, but I will be ok. NOW I need a person to travel with.  I don't know many people that can leave for two weeks at a time, but I am taking off work and using my vacation plus sick time. I am so pumped up.....

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 12:05am
Here is a quote from another Doctor:

Dear Demetria,

Thank you for your interest in our professional plastic surgery services
when you seek surgery. The full package and recovery stay for Tummy Tuck
cost $5300usd and the price includes the following services:

Doctor's fee, plastic surgeon , anesthesiologist and the internist
specialist
Operating and recovery room, overnight stay at the hospital following
surgery
Pre op test and evaluation by internist specialist
11 days accommodation at the recovery home, meals, post operative cares,
transportation to and from hospital , airport transfers
2 compression garmetns
Pre operative antibiotic and pain medication

You will need to stay in Costa Rica 12 days total for your surgery and
recovery period. The package do not include the airfare because you can find
there bertter rates. The services above are include on the price of $5300usd
, you will need to bring extra money for your departure tax ( airport tax
$26) and for your personal expenses. We provide advice how to book the
flight arrival and departures. You will need passport to come to Costa Rica.

If you wish to have online consultation please feel free to send a recent
photos of your abdomen. You can send them by e-mail. Please do not hesitate
to contact me with questions you may have. I look forward to your reply and
being of further assistance.

Sincerely,
Dr Luis Carlos Pastor MD
Plastic Surgeon
Costaricahealth.com
Costaricanewlook.com

Posted By: JadeVetti
Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 4:19am
Good Luck Meechie, don't forget to come back and tell us about it when it'a all said and done, and you feel better mama Smile

Posted By: 2honest
Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 8:25am
I am so happy that I came across this thread. I was just speaking to my BF about wanting cosmetic surgery. I will say that I was blessed with some GREAT genetics when it comes to my stomach. My stomach is flat no stretch marks on it just a tiny bit of fat that sits above the muscle that I need to get lipo on.
BUT.........................
Prior to having my last daughter I weighed 145lbs, well during my pregnancy I got up to 219. Lost all the weight afterwards but now my breast sag like I have been carrying water jugs with them. I HATE it. Also I my butt has gotten all flabby, saggy, dimply and has dropped a good 2-4 inches. I am not good with being consistent with my work out ( i Know that is bad) but I want to fix these things. My thighs are all nasty and filled with cellulite. I absolutely hate it. I want surgery. I was looking into the Brazilian butt lift , breast lift and lipo for stomach and  my thighs.
I am just happy to be able to express this with other people. Reason being is because people that are close to me think I am INSANE because I am not what most would consider big and with my clothes on I look pretty good. But I tell them it's not about how they think I look but how I feel I look. I don't like it and want to fix it.

Continue to do your research, I am very happy and excited for you. Please continue to keep us posted.

Also if there is someone that would recommend different Dr's in the USA for me to get Breast lift, lipo, BBL then please let me know so I can start researching them over the next several months.

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 10:19am
here is more from researching......
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3FLiJj4IN9o&feature=related - http://youtube.com/watch?v=3FLiJj4IN9o&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oYVUPNFzhS8&feature=related - http://youtube.com/watch?v=oYVUPNFzhS8&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jLI_otmIvrM - http://youtube.com/watch?v=jLI_otmIvrM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKFyX0QO68 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZmKFyX0QO68

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3bOrXsEI-VI&feature=related - http://youtube.com/watch?v=3bOrXsEI-VI&feature=related  this is spanish

I am so SOLD!!!!!

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 10:32am

Meechie2cute, I told you I am down if you need a traveling partner and have you seen Toccara  Jones body after she has lost all of her weight from Celebrity Fit club, all I can say is dayum..

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 10:33am

Toccara Jones

http://concreteloop.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/bs10.jpg">Toccara%20Jones

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 10:39am
okay so does anyone have info on whether or not doc's in costa rica have financing available? When i was looking at docs in US i had to go with ones that had financing options. As much as i wish i did, i dont hve $10,000 in the bank for plastic surgeryCry

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 10:41am
Originally posted by ShowStoppers ShowStoppers wrote:

Meechie2cute, I told you I am down if you need a traveling partner and have you seen Toccara  Jones body after she has lost all of her weight from Celebrity Fit club, all I can say is dayum..

What do you wantto have done? Yup T does look good.

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 10:45am

Meechie2cute, I went to a consultation two weeks ago to look into getting a tummy tuck and the surgeon advised me I would need a tummy tuck, lipo suction on each hip to sculpture my body and slight lipo on my back, altogether he quoted me $9300 with only a 24 hour overnight stay. 

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 11:04am
Originally posted by 2honest 2honest wrote:

I am so happy that I came across this thread. I was just speaking to my BF about wanting cosmetic surgery. I will say that I was blessed with some GREAT genetics when it comes to my stomach. My stomach is flat no stretch marks on it just a tiny bit of fat that sits above the muscle that I need to get lipo on.
Prior to having my last daughter I weighed 145lbs, well during my pregnancy I got up to 219. Lost all the weight afterwards but now my breast sag like I have been carrying water jugs with them. I HATE it. Also I my butt has gotten all flabby, saggy, dimply and has dropped a good 2-4 inches. I am not good with being consistent with my work out ( i Know that is bad) but I want to fix these things. My thighs are all nasty and filled with cellulite. I absolutely hate it. I want surgery. I was looking into the Brazilian butt lift , breast lift and lipo for stomach and  my thighs.
I am just happy to be able to express this with other people. Reason being is because people that are close to me think I am INSANE because I am not what most would consider big and with my clothes on I look pretty good. But I tell them it's not about how they think I look but how I feel I look. I don't like it and want to fix it.

Continue to do your research, I am very happy and excited for you. Please continue to keep us posted.

Also if there is someone that would recommend different Dr's in the USA for me to get Breast lift, lipo, BBL then please let me know so I can start researching them over the next several months.

you know for cellulite they have a newer procedure to deal with that, b/c actually lipo doesnt get rid of cellulite but they have a few laser procedures that do..
http://velashapesanfrancisco.com/index/velashape-physicians - http://velashapesanfrancisco.com/index/velashape-physicians

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 11:24am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

Originally posted by 2honest 2honest wrote:

you know for cellulite they have a newer procedure to deal with that, b/c actually lipo doesnt get rid of cellulite but they have a few laser procedures that do..
http://velashapesanfrancisco.com/index/velashape-physicians - http://velashapesanfrancisco.com/index/velashape-physicians

Thanks for the info. I am going to research this. And I just joined MMH and they have tons of info on there as well. You are well informed in so many areas SB. Thanks a bunch for sharing what you know

Date Posted: April 01 2008 at 11:32am
your welcome i told ya i'm all about beautification i try to stay on top of things..Wink this is another laser called accent..

http://optimalhealthtoday.com/accent-laser.htm - http://optimalhealthtoday.com/accent-laser.htm

Posted By: relentless
Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 9:47am
ok i'm super late cause I didn't get my account activated untill today but I already gotten several e-mails from doctors is costa rica and I have a cousin who lives in DR I have her number she just finished getting her eyes done out there if yall want I could get the scoop on DR doctors too.

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 9:53am
one more thing I went to the dermatologist yesterday and he told me that I am a good candidate for laser stretch mark removal & I wonder if you ladies have any info on that. He also gave me a few prescriptions  for my other skin issues like acne and dark ankles, knees, and elbows. I could share that info too if yall are interested.

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 9:56am
one more thing I want Empress porcelain veneers so I also got some quotes on pricing in Costa Rica...... OK i think i'm done.

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:21am

Hi Relentless,

Please share all information. As you can see I have. I want to share this information with everyone. Most people will just read and go on but some people will continue the research and find out what is best for them. I have decided on a sound month which is toward the end of September 2008. Anyone else?

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:27am
Originally posted by relentless relentless wrote:

ok i'm super late cause I didn't get my account activated untill today but I already gotten several e-mails from doctors is costa rica and I have a cousin who lives in DR I have her number she just finished getting her eyes done out there if yall want I could get the scoop on DR doctors too.

girl you got your order in...LOL i put up two links for cellulite i think they work for stretch marks too, but if you get the tummy tuck they remove excess skin and they took all my stretch marks off with the excess skin.. i have a friend in costa rica and another one that lives here but her family is still there..

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:31am
no problem, Here is my first quote for the veneers:

Hello Tia,

Thank you for your interest in our services.  Dr. Garita will be happy to assist you with your dental needs.

Dr. Garita is a specialist in Implant Dentistry, Periodontology, and Oral and Maxillofacial surgery.  He is also a former professor from the University of Miami School of Implant Dentistry. He is one of only three certified Dental Implant Specialist in Cost Rica.  He uses only ADA approved technology and materials.  85% of our patients come from the United States and Canada. 

We have our own lab to provide the fabrication of your appliances. Our lab is equipped with the latest technology for the fabrication of crowns, veneers, onlays, and inlays.  It is the CAD-CAM by Cerac.  It allows crowns to be fabricated in 1/2 the time with 100% accuracy.  We are the only dental office in Costa Rica with this technology. 

When choosing a dentist there are three things to look at: the doctors credentials, the brand of materials he uses, and the referrals from his patients. I will be happy to send referrals.

The cost of Empress porcelain veneers:........$350 each

You will need to stay for 3 days to complete your dental care.

Dr. Garita offers a 5% discount if you pay in cash or cashier check made out to Dr. Mario Garita.  He also accepts all major credit cards.

Dr. Garita 's office is located in Escazu, the premier suburb of San Jose. Escazu is where most tourist stay when visiting San Jose.  There are two nice inexpensive B&Bs near the office and most of our patients stay there.  The names are: Costa Verde Inn: http://www.costaverdeinn.com/ - www.costaverdeinn.com   $45 per night. Their rates include breakfast and they will provide transportation from the airport.  La Sabana, http://www.apartotel-lasabana.com/ - www.apartotel-lasabana.com $40 per night and they include breakfast.  

You will need to fly into SJO - San Jose International Airport.  The airlines that fly into SJO: American, American West, Continental, Delta, United, US Airways, Air Canada, Mexicana, Lasca.

Please let me know if you have additional information that you can send.

Sincerely,

Nora Allen

Patient Coordinator

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:34am
I have very dark stretch mark on my thighs so no shorts or bathing suits for me for about 6 years now. Laser is the only option for that. Thanks for the info!!!!Wink

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:39am
Hey Relentless when are you going? Sexi, you did not tell me  you had contacts. lol

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 10:54am
Quote on plastic surgery:

Dear Ms. Peake:

Hi; we have been in practice for 24 years.

Do you have any medical condition we should be aware
of, do you smoke?

Abdomen liposuction (includes abdomen, hips and
waist) cost $1900.

Inner and outer thigh liposuction cost $1500.

Breast lift procedure without implants cost
$2800-$3200, with implants the cost is $3200-$3400.

The above procedures can be performed at the same
time. You need to stay for 7 days after the procedures
are done.

No aspirin or Vit E 15 days prior to the procedure.

All the quotes I give you include plastic surgeons
fee, operating room, anesthetist, overnight stay at
our center when needed, all material used, follow ups,
medications and garments.

We need some lab test that can be done here; no cost
to you.

If you pay with travelers checks, cash or a cashier
check made out to Rashi Rosenstock you get a 5%
discount.

Places to stay:
These are hotels;

There is Marrott Courtyard about 13 minutes from
our center, depending on traffic; very nice area with
many restaurants.

> Sesteo: email:sesteo@sol.racsa.co.cr 12 blocks
from
> our center; small,
> cable TV; about $45-65 per room. Swimming pool, No
> AC
> \
> La Sabana: email: lasabana@sol.racsa.co.cr 15 blocks
> from our
> centre; nice, AC, kitchenettes, pool, cable TV;
> $50-75.
>
> There is one called Ambassador: $35 per day one
> block from our
> center; decent; Cable TV; AC; tell them you are
> coming to our center.
> ventas1@hotelambassador.co.cr or
bdinamon@hotmail.com; tell: 2-21-81-55;

Parque Del Lago: www.parquedellago.com let them
know you are comming to our center; AC, CABLE TV,
506-257-87-87 about 7 blocks from our center; Cost:
$65-75

Recovery places (about $70-100 per day including meals
and transportation):

Paradise Cosmetic Inn: email:
info@paradisecosmeticinn.com, website:
ParadiseCosmeticInn.c

There is a nurse Ana Carmona; who has been taking
care of patients for ove 10 years; very nice rooms;
email: anadsd@yahoo.com

Chetica: email: chetica@racsa.co.cr, website:
www.cheticaranch.com

Las Cumbress: email: lacumbre@racsa.co.cr, website:
www.surgery-retreat.com

Paradise Cosmetic Inn: email:
info@paradisecosmeticinn.com, website:
ParadiseCosmeticInn.com

Casa de la Mariposa: www.casadelamariposacostarica.com

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Rosenstock center
VG

--- Norahcr@aol.com wrote:

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 11:00am

Hey Relentless when are you going? Sexi, you did not tell me  you had contacts. lol

I'm trying to convince my boyfriend right now he is giving me a hell no!!!!!Cry but who cares what he thinks.

And I wanna do my teeth first, then work my way down I have no idea whether I wanna do everything all at  once or make small trips for different parts of my body. 1: teeth 2.  laser stretch mark removal 3. lipo & breast lift

Posted By: Tea4Two
Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 11:38am

WOW!  I'm amazed at all you gals looking beautiful!!  I have been contemplating getting boob/tummy work done; haven't done any research yet... Just finished doing three months of lace wig research!

NOW, thanx to y'all, I will definitely look into this.  I always thought that black women could not get good results with these procedures because of the scarring.  Have any of you had problems with scars left over from the procedures?  

The only thing I ever had done was rhinoplasty, and that was way back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  If people look very close at the side of my nose, they can see the indentations left over by the stitches. 

And, Sexi, I had no idea you had so much work done.  Wow!  You are truly an inspiration.  Meechie, I live in Costa Rica (but I'm in CA for a couple of months) and you will LOVE it down there.  I live on the Pacific coast and you will probably be having your procedure done near the capitol, San Jose.  Enjoy your visit!  See some sites.  Check out the volcanoes and try to visit the Pacific coast if you can! 

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 11:47am
member_profile.asp?PF=51277&FID=83 - Tea4Two Gurl your in costa rica??????????

I have to pick your brain, if you dont mind?

1. how can we verify that  these  doctors we find online are legit?
2. The hotels that are $40 a night are good hotels or holes in the wall?
3. When you do your research will you go visit the offices in person?

T.I.A.

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 12:42pm

I didn't have any scarring problems with my breast reduction/lift

I do have a visible scar from the tummy tuck, which I think was my fault. I did not take care of the scar the way that I should have from the beginning. I was sooooo happy with the flat stomach that I did not pay attention to the scar. I am trying to fade the scar now with every scar reduction cream/oil available

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by luvmylf luvmylf wrote:

I didn't have any scarring problems with my breast reduction/lift

I do have a visible scar from the tummy tuck, which I think was my fault. I did not take care of the scar the way that I should have from the beginning. I was sooooo happy with the flat stomach that I did not pay attention to the scar. I am trying to fade the scar now with every scar reduction cream/oil available

believe it or not silicon sheets work on old scars and new one's.. so you could still use that to make it lay flat.. but to fade it you can use dermarest a cream at walgreens and it really does help to fade the scars even now..you can find both at walgreens

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 1:23pm
more info on plastic surgery in costa rica:

Dear Tia,

Thank you for your interest in the Luxury Resort Martino!

Currently our special offer is USD$105.00 per night in single occupancy (for our official rates please check the page http://hotelmartino.com/rooms2.htm). This rate includes breakfast, airport pickup (remember to send us all your flight information!!!!) and all taxes (16.39%).

Also included in our rates, use of the state of the art Gym, Sauna, Roman Steam Room, Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, discounted pass to the Bird Zoo and FREE Internet.
Alternatively, the same offer is USD$95.00 per night with payment in cash, traveler check or USA bankwire to our Miami account (www.hotelmartino.com/bankwire.htm).
Add USD$10.00 per night per extra person.

We can even offer you the rate of USD$150.00 per night in single occupancy including all meals (no beverage)
Alternatively, the same offer is USD$140.00 per night with payment in cash, traveler check or USA bankwire to our Miami account (www.hotelmartino.com/bankwire.htm).
Add USD$40.00 per night per extra person.

To confirm any reservation we require a credit card authorization (http://www.hotelmartino.com/fax.htm, please print, fill and fax the form to the number you will find on it). This is required only in order to guarantee the room. Your credit card will only be charged in the event of no-show or cancellation.

As soon we will receive the fax, we will email you the confirmation.
CANCELLATION POLICY:  Written notice must be received within 5 days of the reservation (20% penality).

Room preferences and special requests (i.e. bed preference, upper floor, and location) are not guaranteed, and are subject to availability at check in time.

Check-in 2.00pm

Check-out 12.00pm
If check out is occurs after 3:00pm HOTEL MARTINO will charge a 50% of one room night rate and the full night rate if check out is occurs after 6:00pm.

Doctor Fournier (
fournier@racsa.co.cr, http://www.hotelmartino.com/surgery.htm) is 30 min away from Resort Martino (each transfer to the clinic is almost $20) and we have already forward your email to him so he will let you know the price of the operation.

Our Resort is centrally located (only 10 minutes away from the international airport) and provides the ideal location from which to tour the country. Within an hour of our Resort you can explore volcanoes, rain and cloud forests and great beaches (please visit http://www.hotelmartino.com/activities2.htm for details and pricing). We have expert travel assistants who can assist you in planning your entire vacation itinerary during your stay with us.  If you prefer rest and relaxation during your vacation we also have a full-service Spa that offers a range of massage and beauty services (http://www.hotelmartino.com/spa2.htm).

If we can further assist you in any way, please call us at toll free number 1-888-886-5042 or 1-866-978-6706 (from USA).

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kind Regards,

Adriano Martino
Resort Martino

R E S O R T    M A R T I N O    C O S T A    R I C A
www.hotelmartino.com 1-888-886-5042 martino@racsa.co.cr

Posted By: Senegalese
Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 1:44pm
Thank u ladies for all the info, I have always wanted to have breast augmentation, nothing huge I just want to go from a B to a C cup. But I heard that it's better to wait until I have kids, because u can't have implants and breastfeed. Those of u who had breast augmentation d u agree with that?
Thanks

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by relentless relentless wrote:

member_profile.asp?PF=51277&FID=83 - Tea4Two Gurl your in costa rica??????????

I have to pick your brain, if you dont mind?

1. how can we verify that  these  doctors we find online are legit?
2. The hotels that are $40 a night are good hotels or holes in the wall?
3. When you do your research will you go visit the offices in person?

T.I.A.

As with ALL doctors, you should always get references and check out their work.  The doctors in Costa Rica are very good and well-trained... as you can see from their credentials, they've all gone to the same schools as the US doctors since most of them are American or European anyway.  That being said, you have "bad" doctors everywhere and Costa Rica is no exception.  There are lots of forums where women tell about their experiences.  We see women all the time all wrapped up with their bandages lounging poolside while drinking pina coladas.  I have not seen any women "complaining" yet.  I have not checked out any of the doctors in Costa Rica and have none to recommend. I belong to a women's group in the village where I live and we had scheduled some plastic surgeons to give a presentation, but I had to fly back to the US before I could see the presentation.

The hotels are not bad BUT they are not as luxurious as you might find in the US.  A $40/night hotel can be good or bad.  When I fly into our out of San Jose, I always stay at a $60 (cash price) hotel near the airport called the Villas de Cariari  http://www.villasdecariari.com - www.villasdecariari.com   It is NOT a tourist type of hotel... just a nice condo-type place.  The owner, Johnny, is very nice.  For you visiting Costa Rica, I would recommend a nice resort type of place, and I'm sure your plastic surgeon can recommend some nice places because they know the type of pampering women want on their vacations. 

When I decide to have some more cosmetic work done, I will definitely visit the location and talk to the doctor in person.  That's what I did when I had my rhinoplasty. And most doctors always encourage you to do this anyway.  I will definitely have my work done in Costa Rica only because the work is good and at only a fraction of the price!  Plus it's always nice to recooperate in an exotic location!!

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Senegalese Senegalese wrote:

Thank u ladies for all the info, I have always wanted to have breast augmentation, nothing huge I just want to go from a B to a C cup. But I heard that it's better to wait until I have kids, because u can't have implants and breastfeed. Those of u who had breast augmentation d u agree with that?
Thanks

some have done it and successfully breast fed afterwards, i personally would wait until i'm done b/c gravity still plays a part even with implants.. if that's not a problem for you and you can afford to have a redo afterwards then by all means do so...

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:05pm

I also wanted to add that you DO want to stay at a resort hotel that is recommended by your doctor since there will most likely be other women there with bandages on... (you won't be the only one).  Might make you feel better to have others there sharing your experience. 

Posted By: Senegalese
Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 2:22pm
Thanks Sexi, I think I'll wait until I have kids, because I don't to do them twice, I'm already scared, I have always wanted to do it but I always tell myself that something bad's gonna happen. But seeing that so many people have tried it, I'll just keep doing my research, so that when I'm ready I make the right decision.

Merci Sexi

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:03pm
member_profile.asp?PF=51277&FID=83 - Tea4Two

Thanks for letting me pick your brain, now I'm really going to look into a Dr. out there, and I'm going to take your advice. Your the best!!!!!Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:06pm

I have decided to go  in late September 2008 and of course my list of "to do's" has increased.

1. Tummy tuck
2. lipo on back fat, inner thighs, waist
3. teeth whitning
4. varicose vein removal on legs

I have checked air fare and the lowest leaving from LAX here in Cali is roughly 370 and up according to how you do it.  This can be done, it is actually possibel and a wonderful reality. TEAfor2 where are you in Cali? when are you returning to CR?

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:34pm
You moved your date up I see. Congratulations!!!
I am really feeling those prices for the veneers. I was in a car accident several years ago and and had to get my front 2 teeth replaced with veneers but I am not satisfied. I may have to add that to my CR package.

Thanks ladies for all the info you have placed. I am looking into getting some fat grafting (Brazilian Butt procedure). I have only heard of 2 Dr's that everyone is raving about on MMH. Dr. Fuentes in Tijuana and Dr M in Miami FL. Dr. M's prices are off the chain $18k. I have a very good foundation to work from (meaning my shape) and can't see paying that for him to resculpture my sagging butt.

Do any of you know if the Dr's in CR are doing these procedures and the price they run? Just curious. I will try emailing a couple of them to see.

I want breast lift and fat grafting for my bootay:-)
The pictures I have seen on MMH are mind blowing, I want in on some of that.

Has anyone on here gotten the fat grafting done?

Date Posted: April 02 2008 at 3:50pm

http://talk.hairboutique.com/member_profile.asp?PF=54563&FID=83 - 2honest

Rosenstock Center (Costa Rica)

We don't offer the buttocks augmentation procedure, we
perform the fat grafting procedure for buttocks
augmentation: First we have to liposuction in areas we
consider you have the best fat. (For example the
abdomen-hips and waist area) to harvest the fat and
place it into the buttocks; cost of the liposuction in
the areas needed and buttocks fat grafting is $3500.

You must know that up to 30-40% of the fat might get
reabsorbed by the body; If we are able to harvest
enough fat to store; then you have an option of a 2nd
session within a 14 month period; cost for the 2nd
session is $300.

Print Page | Close Window