Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=60326
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 12:31pm

Topic: Goldwell blonding cream?
Posted By: babyregan22
Subject: Goldwell blonding cream?
Date Posted: April 08 2008 at 12:34pm
Could someone please help, im going to color hair with Goldwell topchic 11n but dont want it to go brassy yellowish and i see that goldwell have a blonding cream ash, if using both these products will it cancel out the yellow and could you please tell me how much blonding cream ash i put in the exact mixing ratio please

Replies:
Posted By: Rebekah
Date Posted: April 08 2008 at 9:47pm
Is your hair already bleached to pale yellow?  If so then strand test to see what results you like best.  One color is neutral which will be warmer than the other color ash.  Anytime you want to cancel out the yellow you must use the correct level and tone of violet to cancel the yellow color out.  Good luck and I hope this helps.

Rebekah

Date Posted: April 09 2008 at 2:38am

yes my hair is already pale yellow but not all with bleach i have some highlights on the top so the tint makes it look a bit brighter and i put 11n on but its still not the color i want, im looking for a more platinumy result, if i put the blonding cream ash in with the 11n should it give me better results? and could you please tell me how much of the blonding cream i put in with the 11n?

Thank youWink

Posted By: fakeizme
Date Posted: April 09 2008 at 12:58pm
Ummm...I may not be right here, but I wouldn't put 11n on your hair with blonding cream, if it's already blonde (bleached?). It's not a toner. If I were you (and I know I'm not!) I would re-bleach those parts that you want to be blonde. I think 11n is supposed to be used with double 40 peroxide? that's waaaay more damaging than using bleach with 20 vol. Bleach will be more reliable and bring you up to wear you want to be. Then you can tone for the platinum. HTH!

-------------
Love clip-ins and tape!

Date Posted: April 10 2008 at 3:32am
i will be using the 11n with 4vol plus blonding cream ash on my roots but thats what im asking, should it give me the color i want - lightest pale ash blonde with no warmth? i would rather try and achieve this color with high lift tint rather than bleaching my hair or can any one recommend a goldwell color that will give me the results i want?

Posted By: mathrocck
Date Posted: January 22 2009 at 6:19pm
babyregan:

I am about to run the same exact experiment (11n, 40vol with blonding cream) and was curious to hear what your results were. I see this was an older post but if you could help me, I would appreciate it. I just want to use the correct amount of blonding cream and can't seem to find much help online. Thank you!

Posted By: mandyann
Date Posted: January 26 2009 at 6:02am
Hi there, i use 11n and 40 vol on my hair and it has a very nice natural blonde look not yellow bleached look at all. I mix it in the bowl with the 40 vol up to 60ml then add 11n (30ml) up to 90ml in the bowl overall. Hope this helps you. Good luck.

-------------
mandy

Print Page | Close Window