Forum Name: Long Hair Care Experts
Forum Description: Directory Of Long Hair Friendly Experts
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=61012
Printed Date: April 18 2024 at 7:16pm

Topic: long hair expert in Detroit
Posted By: Lickalime
Subject: long hair expert in Detroit
Date Posted: May 14 2008 at 3:15pm
does anyone know of a salon specializing in long hair in the Detroit area? 
I went to someone my friend recommended, while he was nice and good at his work, he did cut three inches off my length (he had very long hair so I trusted him)  when the cut was over and done with I felt he cut too much off.  I will not go back to him.  he was nice but not what I was looking for

I am trying to grow my hair to my waist.  it has been a struggle for me.  some days I feel like my hair is done growing, other days I can really feel the length.  I am probably six or more inches away from my goal length (of course if I hadn't gotten that three inches cut off a while back I'd be closer to my goal)

any suggestions would be appreciated.  thanks

-------------
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"

Replies:
Posted By: ArielDragonfly
Date Posted: June 08 2008 at 2:10pm
You need to go to a George Michael certified salon to be assured that you get a stylist devoted to long hair. Enchantress in Olmsted, OH (http://www.enchantress.com/index.html) is the nearest to Detroit. I live northwest of Detroit in the Farmington area, and it takes me and my husband (a middle aged hippie!) a little over 2 hours to get there, but it's worth it. Take a look at what Sunsailing had to say about them in Dec. 2006:
http://talk.hairboutique.com//forum_posts.asp?TID=48357

I have never had a more divine experience in a salon! It is a soothing, relaxing place, Lance and Jody are experts on long hair, and your hair looks and feels wonderful afterward. We go about 3 times a year due to the distance and cost.

Give them a try! Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: August 02 2008 at 2:37pm
Hey, you two, I'm in Michigan as well -- south of Detroit. Are there any others from our area? Naturally, I adore long hair and women who have long hair. So thank you both!

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Posted By: Lickalime
Date Posted: August 26 2008 at 9:59am
yeah for Michigan!  I am in the Berkley area

I will for sure check them out.  thanks so much for the info and thanks for writing back =)

Go Blue! Go Lions! Go Tigers! Go Wings! Go Blue Devils (I am a student at Lawrence Tech)

-------------
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"

Posted By: AutumnLocks
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 4:27pm
Since I decided to grow my hair long again I am very cautious of any hair dresser.  Most of them around here seem to want to cut it ALL off the minute you walk in.  I am in need of a trim just on the ends but having a hard time actually going in for it because I don't trust the hair dressers here in my area of WV.

Print Page | Close Window