Print Page | Close Window

women wearing neckties

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Fashion
Forum Name: A Passion For Fashion
Forum Description: Shoptalk - Hot styles, designers, where to buy, deals & steals.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62074
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 8:32pm

Topic: women wearing neckties
Posted By: xxxzvp
Subject: women wearing neckties
Date Posted: August 05 2008 at 4:58pm
My wife works in a professional setting and formal business attire is required. She has always worn a variation of the womans business suit, either with trousers or less often a skirt. For the last few years she would, on occasion, wear a necktie with a dress shirt, the shirt buttoned to the top, and the tie tied tight, just as a man would wear it. But now her attire almost completely consists of menswear style suits, double breasted, single breasted, and three piece suits, almost always worn with a shirt and tie, and even suspenders. She even will wear a shirt and tie under a sweater or vest  for casual occasions. I see the strange looks some people will give her, I fear the look may be over the top, especially considering her hair is cut severely short. She always manages to look feminine, with nice make-up and jewelry, and can look pretty darn hot if I do say so myself. But is this look almost every day too much?

Replies:
Posted By: leighann
Date Posted: August 06 2008 at 12:15am
How do you feel about what your wife wears? If you  personally feel like it is over the top and not just because of the reactions she gets from people then maybe you could suggest that she wear something a little more feminine or something a little more low key  but if thats what she enjoys wearing and you don't mind then theres no sense in bringing it up to her. maybe she doesn't even realize the attention shes getting from her outfits. 

Posted By: charlott
Date Posted: September 01 2011 at 12:23am
Fashion, indeed, has played an important role for status symbol. Yet, fashion has changed over time. Women already wear pants and coats with neckties.Neckties have always represented superiority and power. This piece of clothing accessory were worn strictly and exclusively by women and those who warrant respect and obedience.

-------------

Posted By: Jean Ann
Date Posted: January 28 2014 at 10:53am
I love the look !
I was recently in a resturant and the waitress had on a white
Button down shirt black tie and black shorts
A great mix of feminine and masculine

Jean Ann

-------------
Jean Ann

Posted By: fashionsmod
Date Posted: July 17 2014 at 2:20pm
Hy,
Fashion is my passion. I love latest fashion trends for girls and women's. Style and fashion never end of our life.

Posted By: fashionsmod
Date Posted: August 04 2014 at 11:32am
fashion has important role in our life. Mostly girls are used the latest fashion things.

Posted By: Audrie
Date Posted: April 13 2018 at 1:57pm
That's literally a fashion, every girl makes fashion as their passion and it's always part of their life, as long as they feel good on what they wear they won't mind if it looks strange on someone.

Print Page | Close Window