Print Page | Close Window

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Journals & Polls & Related
Forum Name: Hair Journals
Forum Description: Create & Share your own hair journal.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62683
Printed Date: April 16 2024 at 12:33pm

Topic: Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal
Posted By: smilinjenn71
Subject: Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal
Date Posted: October 10 2008 at 3:05pm
Here's the dill pickles!  I didn't think I would be journaling/blogging about my hair journey but I find myself doing just that!  So I'm trying to insert a link here where I started in a different section of the site.

Let's see if this link works.....

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62262 - http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=62262

Replies:
Date Posted: November 04 2008 at 5:59pm
Currently, I have a head full of Hendigo/amla.  Ask me if I'm nervous yet??? lol
I told my co-workers today that if I call in sick tomorrow, they will know something went horribly wrong.

I did a strand test about 3 weeks ago and waited to see how it oxidized, so I'm confident all will be well.  It's about 6:52 and I should be rinsing around 8:30 or so.  CNN is going strong as myself and my hubby are watching how the 2008 Election turns out.  Speaking of hubby, I had him put the Hendigo on my head in the back where I couldn't see... much to his dismay.  While he was kind enough to help me out, he kept saying he didn't know if he was doing it right.  So it will be interesting to see if I have multi-colored hair in a few hours.

I took a couple of pics of my hair last weekend and plan on taking pics tonight, 24-48-72 hours later.  It should be closer to brown than red but I know the grey strands will pick up more Henna and have to oxidize.

I have to say it's an interesting thing; putting Henna in your hair.  Perhaps I mixed it a bit too thick but I didn't want it dripping all over the place during the 3 hrs it's in my hair.  It's been 1 1/2 hrs and so far, no dripping.

Pics will most likely be posted this coming Fri. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Jenn

Date Posted: November 04 2008 at 8:31pm
I think I am IN LOVE!  Henna turned out exactly the way I wanted and I can't wait to post pics this weekend....wooohoooooooooooo!!!

Date Posted: November 06 2008 at 6:35am
OK, so here are some before/after Hendigo with amla.  I tried to upload a closeup of my roots - before -  but apparently the file size is too big.  So, the first pic is before Hendigo and the others are after.  The closeup was taken in our bathroom where the light is quite a bit brighter.  As with most Henna-heads, the color changes based on the light available.  Mine is true of that as well.

Date Posted: November 23 2008 at 2:46pm
Well, basically... my hair is driving ME NUTS! (that's a short trip -BTW) This seems to be an issue over the past few days/week. For whatever reason, it's decided not to hold curl. I don't use a curling iron because I'm trying not to use anymore heat than I have to. It's bad enough that I have to use a hair dryer. Otherwise, it would be limp and lifeless all day. As a professional, I can't really just let it go au naturale.

I'm not sure if the culprit is Henna because it's SO conditioning ... OR if it's the cones in my heat protecting product. I have washed it twice this week with Suave Clarifying shampoo but I also conditioned right after. Therefore, perhaps I undid everything the clarifying shampoo did...haha. Tomorrow morning I'm going to wash with the clarifying shampoo and not condition. It will be interesting to see how it behaves for work in the morning.

Also, I don't think I posted this before but I've been using Monistat on my scalp now for about 6 weeks. In that amount of time, my growth has doubled. I went from 3 1/4" to 4 1/2" in 6 weeks! I use it 3-4 times a week and plan on continuing this therapy for several more months. I'm hoping with quicker growth, I will be less tempted to whack my hair off again!

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: November 25 2008 at 10:25pm
Looking good. I hope you do keep away from anything to cut it with. Please keep up posted. Thank you.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: November 26 2008 at 7:40pm
Thank you for the encouragement MIKE!  I should have posted this pic the other day but didn't think of it.

Hubby took this pic on Nov.23rd.  I can see it's growing but I'll have to get it trimmed up a little next week or I'm going to have that mullet effect....EEKS!

Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 2:29pm

I got my hair trimmed today.  As it turned out, my regular guy's father is in the hospitalUnhappy, so I had to get it trimmed by someone else.  I keep hearing all these nightmares by stylists but I haven't experienced that .... yet.  I was very clear with her that I am growing out a pixie cut - John and I decided to just dust the ends every 8 weeks to even up razored layers.  Also, I wanted about 1/2 inch taken off the length in the back b/c it was beginning to look like a mullet. Confused

She did EXACTLY what I asked.  I was soooo happy.  Although, she didn't really know how to style my hair.  I ended up putting a couple of clips in the front so it wouldn't look so icky as I ran errands today.  On the whole though, I'm very happy about my trim and since it had grown 1 1/2 inches over the past 9 weeks, I didn't sacrifice all the growing I had done.

Posted By: paper
Date Posted: December 05 2008 at 3:13pm
Thats great Jenn! Sounds like you have a good plan. Happy Growing!

-------------

Date Posted: December 11 2008 at 11:57am
If you keep that rate up you will have 3 inches every 18 weeks. Not bad at all. So do you have a mini goal in mine?

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: December 14 2008 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Mike46019 Mike46019 wrote:

If you keep that rate up you will have 3 inches every 18 weeks. Not bad at all. So do you have a mini goal in mine?

That would be awesome!  Hmmm, let's see.  I think I will shoot for touching shoulders first.  Maybe that's too far out - I dunno - hopefully not!Tongue

Date Posted: December 15 2008 at 12:28am
There you go. Keep it small.

-------------

Posted By: julesyjul88
Date Posted: December 18 2008 at 1:36am
Boy,your hair does seem to grow fast! Why do you use monistat though? Does that really help,and why? If you dont want to write it in your journal could you pm me about it?

Date Posted: January 04 2009 at 3:28pm

Well, I was going to upload a new pic for Dec but the file uploader isn't behaving.  Guess I'll visit another day....

Date Posted: January 13 2009 at 7:42pm

Date Posted: January 13 2009 at 7:45pm
Apparently I'm having issues...LOL!  I got the pic posted but couldn't get the text to go in the post. UGH!

So, here you can see when I got the 1/2" trimmed up in the back, it helped to even things out a bit.  It looks more full across the back.  There's quite a difference between this pic and Nov '08 pic.

This pic was w/a flash.  Shows off the Hendigo quite well.

Date Posted: January 14 2009 at 7:27am
Wow, your hair is really taking on a whole new look. You have gotten rid of alot of layers. Congrats, Keep Growing!!! The color is realy pretty too!

-------------

Date Posted: January 14 2009 at 11:41pm
Looking good you should be soon hitting your shoulders. Good luck.

-------------

Posted By: shortvslong
Date Posted: January 15 2009 at 6:21am
your hair looks great in every pic! short hair works for you so I'm interested to see your final result

Date Posted: January 16 2009 at 11:12am
Thank you PAPER, MIKE and SHORTYSLONG.  I'm excited about how it's growing and getting to the place where I don't want to trim/cut anymore layers.  Unfortunately, I know there will be some of that in my future to avoid the mullet.  However, I'm considering not taking any length off in a couple of weeks, at my next trim appt.  We'll see what my stylist thinks... if I'll grow into a mullet before the next trim or not.  He's so great about just dusting off the ends!!

SHORTYSLONG, funny enough, I'm interested to see the final result too.  When I had long hair before, it was permed and hot rollered to DEATH! lol  This time around, I'm definitely not perming my hair and once the length is managable without a hair dryer, I'll stop using it too. (or only use it for root lift - let the rest air dry)  That will be a totally different look for me.  I'll try to find an old pic with the perm/curled hair!

Date Posted: January 16 2009 at 11:14pm
Well I know for one will be for the ride just as long you post. LOL.

-------------

Date Posted: January 30 2009 at 3:47pm
Had another dusting of my ends today.  My stylist said he didn't see any split ends...YAY ME!  I didn't have any length taken off the back this time.  I'm going to see how long I can go without doing so.  However, if the mullet returns, I will definitely cut some length.  I just can't deal with that!

I can't seem to get the pic of my hair when it was long, to load.  Not sure what's going on there.  Here are a couple from when I curled my hair the other day.  I haven't used a curling iron since last Fall.  I was bored though, so was playing around with styles.  Henna never ceases to amaze me with the light shifting and changing the color!

Date Posted: January 31 2009 at 5:12am
Jenn, your curls are adorable! Congrats on having healthy hair! Clap

I've seen what your going to look like in long hair, HOT! LOL

-------------

Date Posted: January 31 2009 at 8:24am
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Jenn, your curls are adorable! Congrats on having healthy hair! Clap

I've seen what your going to look like in long hair, HOT! LOL

hehe, Thank you PAPER!!! xoxoxo

Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 12:36am
Nice very nice. The curls look great. Thank you for posting again. Keep growing.

-------------

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 12:45am
Nice head of hair. By the way, what's wrong with a mullet? Longer the better, I say! LOL

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Date Posted: February 01 2009 at 9:32am
Thank you for stopping by again Mike!  I appreciate your compliments and encouragement, as always.

Kramer, mullets are fine..... for other people...LOL!!  Thank you for visiting my blog!

Date Posted: February 19 2009 at 5:45am
I think my hair is in a growing stall right now. (winter months)  It's only grown about 1/4" over the past month.  So, this week I started the Monistat again... I had gotten a bit slack with application.  I will measure again early March.

Date Posted: February 19 2009 at 10:01am
your hair looks beautiful with the curls

Date Posted: February 28 2009 at 7:09pm

http://talk.hairboutique.com/member_profile.asp?PF=55661&FID=55 - shortvslong , Thank you very much!

This is the most recent pic of length.  Taken 2-27-09.....

Date Posted: February 28 2009 at 11:28pm
Wow looking great. Thanks for the update.

-------------

Date Posted: March 01 2009 at 2:06pm
Looking good Jenn! Thumbs%20Up  I'm still waiting for my ponytail picture! Wink

-------------

Date Posted: March 02 2009 at 9:03am
lolsignThis is just for you PAPER!!!

Date Posted: March 02 2009 at 7:39pm
Jenn, Thanks!  wub  That is so cute! Can you believe your hair is long enough to do that? Keep it growing!

-------------

Date Posted: March 07 2009 at 11:32am
Thanks guys!kiss

I'm hugely resisting the urge to cut some off the back right now.  It's kinda getting to a funky stage with the layers.  BUT, I won't be able to get it into a real ponytail by Sept if I keep getting it cut.  UGH, the decisions!!

Date Posted: March 10 2009 at 8:34pm
Jenn, What I like to do is set a goal for myself and stick to it! I grew my hair to shoulder length, then maintain there while trimming off layers. I know it's tough with all those layers. Hang in there! Hug

-------------

Date Posted: March 10 2009 at 11:06pm
Paper is right your best bet is try not cutting for awhile. Just let it go for a bit.

-------------

Date Posted: March 12 2009 at 3:51pm

I know you guys are right.... I'm just atomicsome days!!! LOL

I'm coming up on what would be my 8 weeks trim and I think that's one reason I'm freaking out about it!  I remember when I went from every 3 weeks to every 8.  At about week 5, I would be going a bit nuts about my hair.  You know PAPER, I don't really have a mini goal. I'm just trying to go as long as possible without another cut/trim.  Maybe I need to think about a mini goal instead.

Thank you both!Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: March 27 2009 at 3:56pm

This was taken 3-27-09, as I am documenting growth progress per month.

Date Posted: March 28 2009 at 9:55am
Originally posted by shortvslong shortvslong wrote:

your hair looks beautiful with the curls

Somehow I missed this compliment.Embarrassed  Thank you so much!!Tongue

Date Posted: March 28 2009 at 9:52pm
Wow Jen looks great. I would let it go for awhile and see how it comes out. Thank you for the update.

-------------

Date Posted: March 29 2009 at 4:08pm
Thank you Mike!!

Unfortunately, the mullet action is getting to me again, so I'll be getting it cut this week.  I'm not loving my hair right now and sometimes you just do whatcha-gotta-do to love it again!  After cutting this time I think it will behave from here out with minor trims.  I'll post a pic after I get it cut this week.

As always, I appreciate your kind words and support!

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 5:05am
Jenn, whether you cut it off now, or trim little at a time, in the end you will have the same outcome. You have to do what makes you happy! Hug 

I can't wait to see your  hair cut. I know you will be happy when all your layers are gone!!

Date Posted: March 30 2009 at 7:24pm
Thanks PAPER.... YOU ROCK!!!band

Getting the back cut off will get rid of a lot of layers that just don't work well.  BUT, after cutting them, I think I can let it grow and grow.... which I am looking forward to!

Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 6:27am
What is your goal length?

Date Posted: April 02 2009 at 6:02pm

What is your goal length?

Final goal of 25"

Currently I am at about 17" but will probably loose about 2-3" with my haircut tomorrow.  I'm sooo excited about getting it evened up though!!!  I'll measure this weekend sometime.  Usually I wait until it's wet.  I tend to get a more accurate reading wet vs. dry. 

The great news about this cut is, it will be the last 'big' cut.  I'll be able to go a loooooong time before getting it trimmed (and even then it will be minimal) again.

Date Posted: April 03 2009 at 6:22am
I still can't believe how great your hair looks during your grow out.loosing the so called mullet is a great call!

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 7:25am

I still can't believe how great your hair looks during your grow out.loosing the so called mullet is a great call!

Aww thanks!  You are very sweet to say!Heart

OK, so here are a couple of pics regarding the mullet and then the cut yesterday.  I feel sooo much better about how it looks; even if I *do* miss the length a little!  Hubby measured and said I only lost an inch, so not too bad!

***sorry about how BIG these files are... I never figured out how to make them smaller on this site***

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 8:24am
Wow, Jenn, you sure did have alot of layers! Maybe now that you have some of the back cut off it won't look so bad growing out. Love the color and condition. It's going to look great longer!!!

Date Posted: April 04 2009 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Wow, Jenn, you sure did have alot of layers! Maybe now that you have some of the back cut off it won't look so bad growing out. Love the color and condition. It's going to look great longer!!!

Girl, don't I know it, about the layers!!  EEKS!  Thank you for the compliments.Embarrassed

Date Posted: April 05 2009 at 1:20am
Nice cut and looks great. Heck maybe you would want to go pass the 25" mark. I also agree with Paper the color looks great.

-------------

Date Posted: April 05 2009 at 9:16am

Thank you MIKE!  Ya never know, I just might go longer than 25"!!!Tongue

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 6:58am
looks great!

Posted By: Smile4Kiki
Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 1:28pm

I know exactly what you mean about the mullet! I trimmed mine at home yesterday lol.. I must say you're hair looks great. It looks very healthy and the color is gorgeous Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: April 06 2009 at 5:41pm
Thank you SHORTYS and KIKI!!Embarrassed

Posted By: suicides_eve
Date Posted: April 21 2009 at 6:42pm
Well Jenn , your almost to your one year mark, and your doing very well on your progress! Don' let the curls fool you they are such painwhip.

Mullet-ville is such a pain i remember it took me about a year to comfortably leave there and move over to shoulder-bites ave.Wink

i follow your thread an the pictures are great little reminders how far you've come!

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuicidesEve - YouTube Guru Makeup & Hair tutorial and How To's
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suicides-EVE/162213213843641 - MY FACEBOOK

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: April 22 2009 at 8:34pm
     Hey Jenn! I didn't think your hair looked mullety at all from your earlier back photos, but from the side I agree that there were too many lengths. My wife waited so long after her last pixie that she almost retreated back to the pixie. That was with MY blessing, moreover, it was looking so sloppy. But eventually she let me bob her above the shoulders, and the rest is history. Congrats on a good move! Big%20smile Bob  

Date Posted: April 26 2009 at 11:28am
SUICIDES, I know you feel my pain with mullet-ville!!  I'm much happier trimming that off.  Thanks for popping in & for your compliments as well!

BOB, I wondered where you've been lately... shhhh.. were you hunting wabbits??? lol  Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!  I felt the same way as your wife; if I didn't trim it up some, I was afraid I would just whack it all off again.Confused

Yesterday I used some 'bendy' curlers (long - foam curlers with a bendable wire inside the foam) in my hair while it was damp.  I left them in about 3 hrs and the curls were crazy tight when I took the curlers out!  However, being a straighty - they are gone today.  Of course, I didn't sleep in the overnight and I didn't use any styling products either.  Most likely the curls would have held longer if I had done those 2 things.  My hair is still pretty short though and I doubt I could sleep in the curlers w/o them slippng out during the night.  Maybe overnight will be an option in another few months.  I liked using them though b/c there wasn't any heat involved.  My goal, when it's longer, is to curl my hair overnight in hopes that I can keep that style for 2-3 days.  We'll see about that later.........

Posted By: Pburgh56
Date Posted: May 07 2009 at 9:21pm
Wow I love your hair. It must have been a great feeling when u got it in a ponytail :) i cant wait for that. Whats ur goal length?

Date Posted: May 11 2009 at 5:37pm
Hi Pburgh.. thanks for popping in on my journal!blush Currently trying to make it to shoulder length and probably a final length of about 25".     

Here's a pic w/curls.  I am TOTALLY digging those sponge curlers.  I wash every other night, put some mousse in - wet set the curlers and go to bed.  The next morning the curls are so kinky I have to stretch them out a little so they won't look like an afro...hehe.  This style lasts 2 days and no heat.  OH YEA, I'm lovin' it!!!                    

Date Posted: May 12 2009 at 6:08am
Wow,I love it!

Date Posted: May 12 2009 at 7:23am
I love the curls too. Itll look great at BSL.

Date Posted: May 13 2009 at 6:04pm

Jenn, I love your curls. I liked it so much, I bought some sponge rollers today! Smile

-------------

Date Posted: May 14 2009 at 5:15pm

Awww thanks guys!*shucks*

Well PAPER, you'd better post pics when you get your curls on...lol.  Beware, they are SUPER tight when you unroll them.  Either a little water OR a light hairdryer will help relax the tightness of the curl.

Posted By: Smile4Kiki
Date Posted: May 28 2009 at 11:12am
So cute!!! I love the curls!

Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 5:39pm

This length pic was taken May 28th. (a little early this time - supposed to be on the 1st)  But I knew we would be too busy to get it done on the 1st.  I've gained back the inch I had cut to trim the mullet... so back at 17".

Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Smile4Kiki Smile4Kiki wrote:

So cute!!! I love the curls!

Thank you Kiki!!!Embarrassed

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:32am
Jenn, I love the way your hair is turning out! It looks so shiny and healthy. I can't wait to see it longer. Keep growing!

-------------

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 1:10pm

Jenn I love love your hair. amazing growth :) Its getting there for sure and is right by shoulder length :) I cant wait for it to be alot longer. Can you put it in any sort of ponytail yet?

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Jenn I love love your hair. amazing growth :) Its getting there for sure and is right by shoulder length :) I cant wait for it to be alot longer. Can you put it in any sort of ponytail yet?

Thank you PAPER!!! xoxoxo

I can get it in a ponytail but too many pieces fall out still.  I *think* by the end of summer most, if not all, will be up.  Too bad it isn't now...it's gonna be a HOT summer with hair on the back of my neck...ugh!  Thank you for the compliments.

I can get it up in 2 pony's though.  Maybe I'll post a pic of that soon...hehe.

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:39pm
OMG def take a picture of it in two ponytails :) thats soooo cool! I definately think ull be able to get it all in a ponytail by the end of summer. Its really getting long. I cant wait till i have hair your length. Its getting there tho and I know what u mean about it being hot with long hair. :) Did you ever try using bobbipins to hold the pieces up that fall? That may work.

Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 7:10am
I agree, 2 ponytails would be really cute! I'm sure you will find a way to wear your hair up this summer, like Pburgh suggested using bobby pins.

-------------

Date Posted: June 05 2009 at 7:13am
Thanks for agreeing with me paper :) Bobbipins work wonders
and Jen def post a pic of the two ponytails im anxious to see it.

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 1:55pm
Piggy's.... here ya go!

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 5:00pm
Omg Jenn!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pigtails. ITs soooo cute :) Thanks for the pictures you have nice thick pigtails too meaing youll have a great long ponytail that is thick as well. DOes it take a long time to do your hair like that or is it hard?

Date Posted: June 13 2009 at 5:32pm
OMG Jenn, thats as cute as can be! Heart It does look like you have nice thick hair.

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 11:05am
hehe, thank you PBURGH and PAPER!

It doesn't take long to put them up - just a couple of mins.  I can wear it like that on weekends but unfortunately it's not very professional for work.  So I won't be able to wear it up for work until I can do a ponytail. 

Funny enough, my hair is fine - I just A LOT of it!  Which I am not complaining about!Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 11:27am
Your more than welcome. Thats awesome that you can wear them like that on weekends. I cant wait till mine is that long. Before you know it you can have a ponytail at work  :) Has many people said things about noticing your hair getting longer?

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 6:02pm

Yes, my coworkers have been making comments lately about how it's grown.... and how fast it seems to grow.  I'm almost to the one year mark when I started letting it grow.  My last regular cut was the end of July '08.  I haven't had a trim in over 8 weeks now and don't plan on getting a trim for awhile longer.  The *only* reason I would trim is to even up the layers that are growing out or to even the hemline. (more of a dusting really)

I can't wait to see what it's going to look like by July 2010!!!

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 6:33pm
Wow very nice. Thanks Jenn for the update and pics. We also can't wait for next year. Keep growing.

-------------

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 6:44pm
OMG jenn in July 2010 your hair willbe soo long. Prob even going down your back. Just picture it :) Congrats on the growth and dont trim it unless youneed to thin. Thats awesome your coworkers have been amking comments. I wish you continued success. Do you take anything to make it grow faster?

Date Posted: June 15 2009 at 8:32am
Wow Jenn, I can't believe you have been growing your hair for almost a year now. Your doing great, keep going!!!

Posted By: Kimbearly
Date Posted: June 22 2009 at 8:04pm
You have the most beautiful, shiny and healthy hair.  I also just love, love, love your hair color Clap

Date Posted: June 26 2009 at 6:42am

Awwww, thanks everybody!!!Hug

I will post a new length pic around the 1st.  I think it's been a slow growing month...... oh well!

Date Posted: June 26 2009 at 7:02am
Awww well you know any growth is better than no growth. Im looking forward to pictures. I should be posting pics soon too of me with my new headband and some small braids. yay

Posted By: Addy
Date Posted: June 28 2009 at 12:52pm
Hey girl!  I just finally made it back over here and I must say, you have come a super long way with fabulous growth!  I love it!  I bet you can't spike it now! LOL 

Keep growing and do light trims!  By Christmas, your layers should be gone! 

Thanks for sharing with us!  I may start a journal too since I take tons of pics and don't really show my length off!  It will be F.U.N!  Clap 

Good growin Jenn!  Heart

Date Posted: June 29 2009 at 6:07pm
Hey sweets!  I just perved... ummm, I mean.... looked at your post!  Awesome job there!

Girl, I can't wait until these layers are gone!  I'm holding off a trim right now b/c I'm desperate to get it up in a ponytail.  I need it to be up for working out and at work too!!  The layers are such a pain in the hiney b/c of all the razored ends.  I mean that made my pixie look great... but not so much for this longer length!  And no, I can't spike it anymore...hehe.Tongue

I also need some ideas for an updo for a wedding in early Nov.  UGH!

Glad to see ya back over here for a bit!Hug

Date Posted: June 29 2009 at 6:31pm
Don't get me started on layers!  Gosh!  I hate them and they are a real pain to grow out!  I think that stylist put me against them forever! Dead 

Just keep your trimming up and to a minimum.  That's the only way to get rid of them unfortunatly.  As far as an updo, maybe a half up <half ponytail> would look cute with some curls. Smile   You could take a strand of hair and wrap it around the ponytail holder to hide it and secure with a bobby pin underneath.   I'd probly set it in hot rollers first or something like that.

Date Posted: June 30 2009 at 8:07pm
July 1st length pic. (a day early)Tongue  I seem to be in a bit of a stall when it comes to length.  I also have been a slacker with the Monistat.....oh well!

Date Posted: July 01 2009 at 7:04am
I think it looks longer Jenn. Wink

Very shiny and pretty!

Date Posted: July 01 2009 at 7:54am

Very pretty Jenn. Its nice and shinny and looks very soft :) Are u still doing the pigtails? Hows the ponytail progress?

Date Posted: July 01 2009 at 8:17am
Looks great. Keep it up.

-------------

Date Posted: July 01 2009 at 3:48pm
It is getting long Jenn!  Just think, a few more months and you will have no more layers!  YIPEEEEEEE!

Date Posted: July 01 2009 at 9:09pm
Thanks for all the encouragement everybody!! 

I might ask hubby to do the hemline trimming.  He might not for fear of messing it up though...lol.

Date Posted: July 01 2009 at 11:51pm
Im sure your hubby would be fine with it lol> just tell him not to take too much off haha

Date Posted: July 02 2009 at 7:39am
Your hair still looks so pretty! You can pull off any look, way to go!

Date Posted: July 02 2009 at 4:49pm
Wouldn't it be nice if I could trim your hair and you could trim mine?mickey

Date Posted: July 02 2009 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by Addy Addy wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if I could trim your hair and you could trim mine?mickey

YES!  That would solve everything!Big%20smile

Date Posted: July 03 2009 at 7:09am

Hows the ponytail coming?

Date Posted: July 03 2009 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

Hows the ponytail coming?

It's going to be awhile until I can get all of it up.  Probably after summerConfused... oh well!

Print Page | Close Window