Print Page | Close Window

These toners are angering me!!! HELP!!

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Color
Forum Description: The tricks and tribulations of changing your hair color
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64224
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 3:59pm

Topic: These toners are angering me!!! HELP!!
Posted By: rachpreach
Subject: These toners are angering me!!! HELP!!
Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 9:11pm
Hello Everyone! I just finished bleaching my hair to the pale blonde stage and now I am interested in using a toner to get that yellow out and have that more of a pale blonde. Ive been doing strand tests with a few different toners with no success. I have tried Wella Color Charm in Princess Blonde and White Lady. The princess blonde made my blonde too dark, which is to opposite of what I want to do. The white lady toner made my hair a silver/lilac color. I did two separate strand tests with white lady. I first left it on for 10 minutes and then just for 5 minutes and both times it gave my hair a flat silver color. Whats the deal? Why has everyone else that I have read had such great success with White Lady?? I want that platinum blonde without the yellow!! HELP!!

side note--Ive also read about Clairol Creme Toner in White Beige. Anyone tried it?

Replies:
Posted By: borne.blonde
Date Posted: April 29 2009 at 9:40pm
I have had the same trouble as you...& It has driven me nuts! I tried with porosity spray, wet, dry every toner for wella... Silver t14 turned "lighter" than the other ones.  1210 & 1001 mixed looks awesome yet is "permanent color! GRR  Also 10A Premium cremes looks nice white/with blue tinge (yet permanent)  Color charm Demi-10NA looks pale YELLOW not  ash white.  People rave over Manic Panic Virgin Snow which Sally's will carry in JUNE!

I have tried Schwarzkopf shampoo only OMG the color is gorgeous.<---------
I have tried 301 , 301 & 323...  I can tell you which will give you mauve or purple lol.  Basically of ALL of the clairol those two work best mixed or seperate. Clairol is 1:1, Wella 1:2.  Also I believe different bleaches give different porosity & coating on the hair which can effect toning.

I have tried Blonde Glam Pure Pearl...Smells great yet TOO dark~5 minutes=gold mauve not necessarily any "silver or white" to it so Idk what they mean by PALEAngry so I feel your pain seriouslyWink

I have the Schwarzkopf Iceflower (not used yet) its a mousse. 

Wella Color Touch 9/16 & 10/0 with 1.9 % is recommended for "white" havent tried it yet. But sounds fab.

I will let you know when I find the "PERFECT ONE"

Date Posted: April 30 2009 at 4:52pm
so the Schwarzkopf shampoo like a purple shampoo?
And the wella color touch 9/16 and 10/0 colors you are talking about, arent those permanent?? or toners?
Where can I find the The Schwarzkopf mousse and shampoo? Do they have it at sallys?
One more question, Does the Manic Panic virgin snow work good?

Date Posted: May 01 2009 at 4:21pm
any one else have any suggestions??

Date Posted: May 02 2009 at 10:21pm
hello?????

Date Posted: May 04 2009 at 7:16pm
ok so i figured before I apply a toner(still trying to figure out which one to use) I would show yall some pics of my hair thus far. Ive bleached it twice. The first time was two weeks ago and the second time was last wednesday. As you will see in the pictures, there is a golden tone to my hair, which is not as bad in real life as it is displayed in the pictures. There are also some darker goldish/orange pieces from some low lights I had. The darker hair underneath near my neck is supposed to be darker(I want it like that). Im talking about the goldish pieces on the top part of my hair. I want those pieces to be as blonde as the rest of my hair.
This is the top of my hair which is pretty blonde, with no gold strands.
Here is a side view, if you look closely, you can see some goldish strands in the mid sections of the hair.
Here is the back which shows alot of the gold strands up top.
Here is a better look at what the blonde color really looks like.

So Im curious as to what my next step should be? Should I bleach again? All over or just the mid-lengths and ends? Toner?

Date Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:16pm

LOL
EDIT! THEY HAVE VIRGIN SNOW @ SALLY'S NOW OMG!!!Wink Your in LUCK Deary!!!!

Date Posted: May 04 2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by borne.blonde borne.blonde wrote:

Oh my goodness WOW well I think your hair looks beautiful. What kind of bleach are you using? When you do try to get the lil bits of color out of those strands I hope you only ONLY takes those bits into foils & not touch any part of the bleached hair.  why is it crucial that I "only" bleach the bits and not any of the other hair. Im just wondering because the lower part of my hair has an overall golden color to it.

Have you tried a purple shampoo yet??? Schwarzkopf
at Ulta or a SALON or online. Im gonna go get some soon.

What brand of color is on the other bits? Is it a DEMI or SEMI because gentle color remover may help with those bits.  They are lowlights that were done at the salon. I would rather bleach them than do a color remover.

How is your hair feeling? Did you put some good deep conditioner treatments into it? my hair feels normal like it always does. It is naturally curly so I never apply heat to it and I deep condition it everyday.

Date Posted: May 04 2009 at 11:23pm
Onyo ur lowlights... Sometimes Elimin8 or a color remover is used , yes the lowlights I was thinking you were keeping the darker bits at the bottom... I mean you do not want to get the bleach onto the Bleached parts as it appears light enough.  You shouldn't go past the pale yellow stage on the hair that is bleached... Those nice light peices appear to be the proper color for toner. When a pro does the dark bits they keep the bleached parts OUT. Hope that makes sense.  I get too excited about it all.

Do you know what type of brand was used on the lowlights? Demi, Semi, Perm? Are you keeping that part "darker"... sorry am confused..

Date Posted: May 05 2009 at 7:20pm
i am keeping the underneath dark. I want to lighten up the pieces that are dark on top part of my hair. I dont know what type of brand that the lowlights were.

So if I used a color remover on the pieces, is it going to hurt my hair if I get it on the bleached hair too?

IF I decide to bleach the pieces, can I go ahead and do it since its been a week since I bleached last?

Date Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:48pm
http://www.hairdyegallery.co.uk/newpage1.html

Here is a gallery of beautiful colors...

An alternate way to remove colors on those tips...  Clairol uncolor or (for semi perm color or) dandruff shampoo. 

Date Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:55pm

you still didnt say if  the color remover would hurt the bleached hair if it accidently got on it.  ??

thanks

Date Posted: May 06 2009 at 12:09am
http://haircrazy.info/dyeingtechniques/getting-black-hair-dye-out/

I cannot advise you to get anything harsh onto the bleached hair. I haven't used the hair color remover products except delicate Metalex.  I would ask your "pro" if you feel comfy doing that.  I'm sorry I am unable to advise on that.Embarrassed I would think it can do damage too.  Treat that bleached hair gently!

I have read that once dye on the hair has been bleached removers like colorfix will NOT work.

Date Posted: May 07 2009 at 8:12pm
ok So I tried the Schwarzkopf shampoo and I LOVE it!!! Thank you so much for recommending it to me!! It gave me that cool platinum blood that I wanted with out using a toner! And its so concentrated too! I used like a dime sized amount and it lathered up sooo much! I have some updated pics of my hair. You can sooo tell the difference from the previous pictures. Its truely amazing.

Date Posted: May 07 2009 at 9:08pm
YIPPEE!!! Isn't it just awesome! I have some swatches with it & I don't mess with them & they look Fab after about 6 months... and the perfect color too. Schwarzkopf really KNOW how to please.

Posted By: karen s
Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 3:52pm
When using the Schwartzkopf purple shampoo, you need to keep using it say once a week to keep the platinum tone, just to keep it fresh looking.

Love the colour.

-------------
karen sanderson

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:17pm
i still want Manic panic virgin snow. Or do I need it now since I have the shampoo?  Will it lighten my hair any more than it is now(in the pics)?

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:39pm
THEY HAVE MANIC PANIC VIRGIN SNOW AT MY SALLYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iM GOING TO GET IT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: May 08 2009 at 10:10pm
HEHE that is how I sounded lol

Cheers!!!EmbarrassedYippee

Posted By: Moorebaby
Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 8:07am
The pics look great! I am at the yellow stage with my hair as the first pics of Rachpreach. Her final pics of hair color are Wonderful! Where can I buy Schwartzkopf shampoo? Do they have that in stores? Or would I get the same results as using the Manic Panic Toner? Thanks in Advance!!

Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:11pm
You may wish to check local beauty salons that perform hair color services with Schwarzkopf & I will pm more places.

If your hair is healthy & you wish to get the coolest result lighten to pale yellow or almost pale yellow.  My screen may be showing you are at the orange gold or Gold stage? or are you wishing to just do lil highlights?

Hope this helps...

The Shampoo will let you see if you like the cool color & is something you can use for upkeep.  The toner you can test on a swatch or peice of your hair to see if you like the feel & look of it. Both get rid of yellow wonderfully!!!

Date Posted: May 21 2009 at 5:55pm
Yeah i dont think you are to the "pale yellow" stage yet. You want your hair to be the color similar to the shade of the inside of a banana peel. Thats what Ive been told. If you do an overall bleaching one more time i think you will get it. Then just go to ulta and get the Schwarzkopf shampoo. I use it about every other wash. I wash my hair every other day though so you might want to use it every 3 washes.

I wasnt able to use ANY of the toners I tried because my hair is too porious. I bought Roux Porosity Control to see if it will help. You are supposed to apply it before any chemical treatment. It will hopefully prevent my hair from turning PURPLE after 5 minutes of applying to toner. Im going to try it with the Manic Panic again soon.

Posted By: JennOgo
Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 7:30am
WHAT EXACT KIND OF SCHWARZKOPH SHAMPOO DID YOU USE TO GET THAT COLOR.  ITS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, BUT ON AMAZON THERE ARE SERVERAL DIFFERENT TYPES OF SHAMPOO.  WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU USE?

Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 9:15pm

Hey Jenn I emailed you back.

Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 9:37pm
Well I did my roots this weekend. I decided to do another test strip of the manic panic virgin snow toner. It did turn a liliac color again which made me sooo frustrated. I read the directions on the bottle again just to make sure I was doing it right and then I saw that it said to do it on "towel dried hair"!!!! I have been doing my test strips on freakin' dry pieces!!!!! So, I shampooed my hair, did a test strip, everything looked good, so I did my whole head and WAAA LAAA!!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just the color I always wanted. It took all the yellow out and the hooker blonde color was gone!! I felt like such an idiot for doing this toner stuff on dry hair. Oh well, Im just glad Ive figured it out now.
Here are some pics of my hair with the Manic Panic Virgin Snow Toner:
This one I cropped my friend out of, that her brown hair in the edge.

The flash does enhance it a tiny bit but its basically the true representation of what it looks like in real life. Hope you like it!!

Posted By: crystal01
Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 11:08pm
I'd like to know too were I can but the Schwarzkopf shampoo and which shampoo is it?Also is the conditoiner any good?

-------------
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 2:30am
EmbarrassedYIPPEEE! Brilliant! GLOWING! Love it 

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 1:25pm
Schwarzkopf%20Bonacure%20Colour%20Save%20Silver%20Shampoo%20-%20250ml

Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Hairtherapy Colour Save True Silver Shampoo

Superb Cleansing for bleached, lightened and grey hair!

Amino Acid and Moringa Oleifera combine with active colour pigments in this superb Bonacure Hairtherapy Colour Save shampoo in order to give a soft nourishing wash whilst neutralising yellow tones.

The active colour pigments in schwarzkopf's Colour Save Silver shampoo actually work to eliminate the yellow tones in your hair that can come on with time and sun exposure. The result is high clarity and brightness.

Using this superb shampoo as part of your hair-cleansing routine will give shine, health and moisture to your hair with the added bonus of a vastly improved tone!

The success and popularity of Schwarzkopf hair products is due to their quality. From the texture and scent right through to the end results, its always apparent you are using a shampoo, conditioner or repar treatment of a high standard.

Directions for use:

Wet your hair thoroughly and massage shampoo throughout. For blonde hair, wash out immediately. For grey hair, wash out after 1-3 minutes.

You can purchase this at Sally's, Crystal

-------------
karen sanderson

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:29pm
I dont think you can this shampoo at sally's. You can however get it on amazon for a pretty good price or at Ulta. Here is the link to it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Schwarzkopf-Bonacure-Color-Silver-Shampoo/dp/B000IFGUSS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1243908519&sr=8-8 - http://www.amazon.com/Schwarzkopf-Bonacure-Color-Silver-Shampoo/dp/B000IFGUSS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1243908519&sr=8-8

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 8:47pm
well the toner rinsed out a little bit when I washed it :( so its not as "white" as it was. How is some one supposed to get their hair as white as say Christina Aguileria or Gwen Stephani? Theirs is literally "white" and its gorgeous! I dont get it. Whats the secret?
http://celebritynewsflash.wordpress.com/category/barack-obama -

Also is manic panic the best, longest lasting toner that will give you the whitest hair??

Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 8:52pm

Side note---my hair isnt as intense and bright looking as it looks in my photos I posted. I think the flash intensifies it.

Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by rachpreach rachpreach wrote:

I dont think you can this shampoo at sally's. You can however get it on amazon for a pretty good price or at Ulta. Here is the link to it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Schwarzkopf-Bonacure-Color-Silver-Shampoo/dp/B000IFGUSS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1243908519&sr=8-8 - http://www.amazon.com/Schwarzkopf-Bonacure-Color-Silver-Shampoo/dp/B000IFGUSS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1243908519&sr=8-8

I live in the UK, and I always manage to get this shampoo no problem, however in the US, may be different, only one way to find out call on them and ask, lol.

Karen

-------------
karen sanderson

Posted By: r4ch3l
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by rachpreach rachpreach wrote:

http://celebritynewsflash.wordpress.com/category/barack-obama -

Also is manic panic the best, longest lasting toner that will give you the whitest hair??

In the unnaturally-hair colored world, Manic Panic is actually consider a not-great hair color. I've never used the toner of either brand, but Special Effects also makes a toner that I've heard great things about.

-------------
doubt truth to be a liar.

Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 9:24pm
La Riche  Directions  http://haircrazy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_9&zenid=89debf5643d7697f1dfe6547abd79375 
Silver & White Toners...
(am curious of these two above)
Punky Hair Color Platinum
Fudge Whiter Shade of Pale

Also the Manic Panic (comes in Amplified longer lasting versions)...
r4ch3l what do you like the best / are you using?
Embarrassed

Posted By: r4ch3l
Date Posted: June 03 2009 at 10:22pm
Special Effects I find is best, always. But, like I've said, I've not used the toner. I'm actually really surprised the Virgin Snow turned out well for her. I know of a licensed stylist who had awful results with it, along with many other amateurs. 

-------------
doubt truth to be a liar.

Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 4:57pm

I want names of products that me, myself can purchase at a local supply store and not thru a stylist.

the pic of Christina A. just looks like she bleached the crap out of it. Gwen's hair looks more like it has a toner on it. I like Christina's color more but Im not going to damage my hair severely to get it.

Does Color Charm "white Lady" work any better/worse than virgin snow?

Date Posted: June 04 2009 at 5:07pm
and does the Special Effects brand toner work well? Where can I get that?

I just want to freakin know what Christina A. does to get her hair that color!!!!!!!! DAMN

Posted By: rcarter24
Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 11:49am

I have white blonde hair.  I've been bleaching it myself and toning it white since middle of 2008.  Trust me, I have tried just about every purple shampoo/ toner out there. First off, I didn't not have good success with the platinum toners from Punky Colour or Special Effects.  The manic panic is ok sometimes.  I personally light a white violet blonde hair dye made by Wella Color Touch.  I can only by it on the internet,  the best ones are 10/89 and 10/6.  They will give you whiter looking hair than the rest of the toners.   Wella white lady/t18 is ok.  The clairol 323 did nothing for me.  Its also best to use claiol shimmering lights and dilute it with a white shampoo.  If you use the shimmering lights full strength, it tends to make hair look grayish.  Good luck.

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 7:46pm
rcarter--so you used wella color touch hair color or toner?  Im assuming its the color by Wella in the 10/89 and 10/6. So you bleach and then add the color to it? Wet or dry hair?

Date Posted: June 10 2009 at 10:13pm

What about this? This is from Wella color charm instead of color touch.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/wella-haircolor/SBS-800486,default,pd.html - http://www.sallybeauty.com/wella-haircolor/SBS-800486,default,pd.html

Im not as sure how to apply their hair color as I am their toner.

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 4:15pm

After rinsing the bleach and shampooing your hair, I apply Wella InDepth, because it stops the bleaching action from occuring, it adds protein back into the hair and evens out the hairs PH.  After that, I personally, dry my hair or let it air dry, then I apply toner.  I should say I dry my hair if I am using a toner that requires peroxide.  Of course, with virgin snow, the hair should be wet.  But supposedly, any toner with peroxide can be used on wet or dry hair.  I just prefer it to be dry.  As far as the 12A that you pointed out to me in the picture- becareful.  Its an ash color.  My hair picks up the ash base, which with Wella, happens to be a blue color.  So when I get done with 12A, my hair looks very bluish.  I prefer using a toner with a violet base.  I can live with violet looking hair- blue hair isn't for me.  Another thing that I have recently tried and it looked as white as Santas beard- I used clairol 323 after using clairol shimmering lights on my hair twice.  My hair came out a beautiful white.  It will only work if you hair is bleached to the same color as the inside of a banana peel.  Hope this helps, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 8:08pm

So Im confused, the Wella Colortouch 10/89 and 10/6 are toners or dyes?

I prefer to use toners on my hair with it being only "towel" dried. If its all the way dried, it seems to soak up too much of the base of the toner.

Im going to do a bleach bath tonight and apply t18 white lady and see how that works.

Date Posted: June 14 2009 at 9:58pm
well i did the bleach bath to freshen up my hair and possibly lighten it up a bit and that did nothing. I then did a test strip with t18 on my damp hair and it turned it a grayish ugly ass color.....BIG SUPRISE!!!

So any ways, like I asked previously, are the wella 10/89 and 10/6 toners or dyes? If they are dyes then how would you go about using them and which one is better (10/89 or 10/6)???

Date Posted: June 16 2009 at 6:14pm
Personally I had better white results with the 10/6.  They are called hair dyes.  But, they are semi-permanent.  Its doesn't matter if its called hair dye or toner.  Use the 10/6 like any other hair dye.  But, I would suggest, putting it on dry hair.  The internet is the only place I had found to buy it.

Posted By: Ally<3
Date Posted: August 01 2009 at 7:21am
Color Touch is DEMI. Anything that requires a developer is not a semi. I currently use that line as toners and it is fantastic. 

-------------

Posted By: Jojoswr
Date Posted: August 01 2009 at 7:54pm
Personally I've used Shiny Siler Ultra from Sally's which is a purple conditioning shampoo. Seems to work well eliminating brassiness and keeps my hair feeling great.

Posted By: Jojoswr
Date Posted: August 01 2009 at 7:57pm
Sorry DP 

Posted By: beachgerl
Date Posted: August 04 2009 at 11:58pm
I got to try this shampoo. Is Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Color Save True Silver Shampoo the same thing that you mentioned that will bring hair to a cool platinum? I want a pale ashy platinum that's not quite white blonde. As for toners, I loved Wella Color Charm Toner in Ivory Lady, it gives me really beautiful shade of pale ivory that's not silvery, yellowish or goldish at all. It does come out a little lilac but the end result is fabulous. After a few shampoos, my hair turns out really pale BUT not white blonde. I'm thinking that white blonde is probably lighter than platinum blonde, is that correct? Another thing is that you should try Roux Fanci-full in White Minx to maintain your white blonde hair in between touch ups. It said:

"   * PRODUCES A WHITE-WHITE TONE
    * RINSES IN AND SHAMPOOS OUT
    * NO AMMONIA OR PEROXIDE
    * 15 APPLICATIONS PER BOTTLE
    * KEEPS COLOR LOOKING ITS BEST BETWEEN COLOR TREATMENTS"

-------------
http://www.fauxblondes.com - Faux Blondes International Beauty Ezine

Posted By: SiNfuL GirL
Date Posted: April 28 2013 at 5:29am
Hey Born.Blond Are you still using the Schwarzkopf silver shampoo. Im so over the shimmer lights it just turns my hair purple and so dry even after I shampoo the purple out im left with a hint of like gray. Wtf is going on here. I have been stuck on my matrix bleach they have a new Blue formula can I say AMAZING. I still use the matrix color sync toner but I am ready for something else. I just seem to have lost my ability to get pearl white and my hair is to freakin gray purple from shimmer lights it wont go away its been months lol.

-------------
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!

Posted By: Ant_Man
Date Posted: March 12 2019 at 10:09am
i did the bleach bath to freshen up my hair and possibly lighten it up a bit and that did nothing. I then did a test strip with t18 on my damp hair and it turned it a grayish ugly ass color.....BIG SUPRISE!!! So any ways, like I asked previously, are the 10/89 and 10/6 toners or dyes? If they are dyes then how would you go about using them and which one is better
https://time4buying.com/best-hair-toners/

Print Page | Close Window