Print Page | Close Window

Vitamins and hairloss

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Fine Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of those with fine hair.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=64800
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:48pm

Topic: Vitamins and hairloss
Posted By: jena
Subject: Vitamins and hairloss
Date Posted: July 27 2009 at 1:24pm
I have very fine, thinning hair.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried vitamins to help hairloss or knows if you can take too many?  I  have done so much research on the internet.  Their are so many vitamins that claim to help hairloss.  I started taking Saw Palmetto, Kelp, Silica, MSM, B-Complex, Multiple, Hair vitamin and more.  I also started using Nioxin 4-step program.  I don't see hair in the shower drain anymore but still find it on my clothes and in the vacumm. 

Any opinions on taking so many vitamins, I also read taking too many vitamins can cause hair loss.

Please help

Replies:
Posted By: _Princess_
Date Posted: August 20 2009 at 9:47am
The vitamins I've been taking haven't really done much to stop my hair loss...so I'm right there with you.

-------------

Posted By: jena
Date Posted: August 20 2009 at 5:31pm
Hi Princess,  Besides taking so many vitamins I'm also having a saliva test done to test my hormones to see if I have an inbalance.  And I have also been reading a lot about hypothyroidism.  If your thyroid is off that can cause hair loss.  I spend hours a day researching hair loss.  I'm determined to find out the cause of mine.

Print Page | Close Window