Forum Name: Hair Extension Faqs & Facts
Forum Description: Getting Started, Good To Know, General Faqs & Archived Posts
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=67712
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:02pm

Topic: Hair extension tips
Posted By: CaseyM09
Subject: Hair extension tips
Date Posted: December 11 2010 at 10:56pm
I've been considering offering hair extension services in my salon. I'd really like to do the fusion kind and was wondering how exactly should i get started. I've been reading all over the internet about them and watching videos but i still have some questions...

Should i buy so much hair ahead of time, or wait until i talk to the customer about what they want and then buy the hair?

What are the average prices at your salon? I live in a very small town and I'm not really sure about what to charge because most people around here can't afford like $500 extension services.

If there are any other tips you'd like to share then feel free to :)

Replies:
Posted By: Extension Lover
Date Posted: April 09 2011 at 2:11pm
I always do a consultation and get a commitment deposit before ordering hair. The hair usually takes a day or two to come in depending where its coming from and if its a rush can usually get it next day.  I use a few different companies that I buy my pre-bonded extensions from with different price ranges so that I can work with someones budget. Donna Bella Milan which is located in Utah has an video on their website showing how to install and I woud suggest getting some really cheap hair and practicing on a cosmotology head so you can work on you speed because we all know time is money!! lol They also cell hair as well with a great bond. You could also check out SoCap Sobe hair, you can buy from them wholesale with a license

Hope that helps

Posted By: DoctoredLocks
Date Posted: April 11 2011 at 1:30pm
We carry all the supplies as well as have free tutorials on our site and a full length video for sale. www.doctoredlocks.com

Most people order a color ring from us so that they can do a consultation and then order the correct hair as it is needed.

Cost is very much up to you. Different qualities of hair will change the price. And then you have to consider the cost of your time. You can charge hourly or by the installation.

-------------

Posted By: jenniefrost
Date Posted: April 25 2011 at 5:13am
I have search on Internet few websites are amazing.They gives a wonderful tips .
Always explain your wishes and concern.Check your hair style before and after.Always check the hair quality and expenditure. These are few tips, i think it will work for you.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window