Print Page | Close Window

help! my "ombre" hair is orange

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Bloopers
Forum Description: Share your hair horror stories...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=68193
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:30am

Topic: help! my "ombre" hair is orange
Posted By: nicolep
Subject: help! my "ombre" hair is orange
Date Posted: March 02 2011 at 9:40pm
Hi!  Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  I got my hair done with the new "ombre" style...basically, I got highlights on the bottom of my below the shoulder hair, that gradually get darker up to about the bottom of my ears, then my regular medium brunette is still on the top.  I really like the effect, but the blonde at the bottom is a bit heavy and pretty orange.  Is there anything I can do minimize the red without re-coloring?  Like is there any kind of toner I can buy to help?  I've added red corrector to my shampoo and conditioner and have been using it for the last few days...I think it may be helping a little.

Any advice is super-appreciated!!

Thanks!!

-------------
~Nicole

Replies:
Posted By: leggyblonde
Date Posted: April 21 2011 at 9:57am
hi there nicole, yes you can use a purple shampoo or also known as silver shampoo. this is gonna lift the brassy tones out of your blonde hair.

don't leave it in too long or it will turn purple and maybe stay away from chlorine coz this can cause it to green or dirty colour.

you can buy a rinse toner, buy them at any pharmacy or shopping centre, I'm from Australia so I know what you have. These can last up to 8 washes and cost about $3.00. this doesn't hurt your hair coz its only a wash so that means its not permanent.

Print Page | Close Window