Forum Name: Short Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of short hair
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70702
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 4:16pm

Topic: Would short hair suit me?
Posted By: Rachel28
Subject: Would short hair suit me?
Date Posted: May 18 2012 at 4:40am
My boyfriend is one of these guys who positively likes short hair on girls and I've said I'll cut my hair if my stylist says it will suit me.

I have an appointment tomorrow and not only have I no idea about how to have my hair cut, I'm not even convinced short hair will suit me! This is me:

Sorry not a very good pic had to chop is to get it under 250Mb

So as people who like short hair have you any advice?

Replies:
Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: May 18 2012 at 5:27am
I would go with a style that has bangs.  While your face shape is mainly oval, it looks a little on the longer side (at least in this pic).  Long hair will emphasize that making it look longer.  A short cut, like a long pixie or short layered bob with bangs will "balance" the shape out a bit.  Also bangs will frame those big brown eyes and those full lucious lips will still be noticed.  I think you would look amazing with short hair, you have great features. 

Posted By: lovebobs
Date Posted: May 18 2012 at 8:18am
I say go for a CHIN LENGTH (all even one length around) BOB and then you can always go shorter in time. I absolutely think you can do short and in fact better than you do the medium length. If you do go for bangs I say BLUNT bangs just above your brows will be smashing!

-------------
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: May 18 2012 at 6:29pm
loveshorthair hit the nail on the head; you will look amazing with short hair.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Bananapantss
Date Posted: May 18 2012 at 7:37pm
I'm still a huge fan of the inverted bob and think you would look great with one. I say jaw length in the front with side bangs and a lot of layers/very short in the back

Date Posted: May 19 2012 at 8:29am
Thanks for your replies. Must admit I'm not too sure about a bob. My boyfriend wants me to have more of a pixie - the shorter the better, but I'm not too convinced! The pic probably wasn't the best one of me, i'm probably not quite so long faced, but probably like any girl contemplating the chop I'm a bit undecided.

I still don't know how to have my hair. I know my stylist pretty well and do trust her, and my BF is saying why don't I tell her to take me as short as will suit me, with the emphasis on the 'as will suit me'!

I will report back later, my appointment is in 50 minutes!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: May 19 2012 at 1:01pm
So i'm back from the salon!

I told the stylist that I wanted something pixie-ish, and as short as would suit me thinking that she wouldn't take me all that short!

Boy was I wrong! She has totally cropped me and i love it. I can't believe that I look this good (in my eyes, my BF keeps saying 'i told you so') with such short hair.

I will post a pic tomorrow and I want your guy's HONEST opinions because it is the opposite of what you were suggesting!

Date Posted: May 19 2012 at 1:03pm
Awesome! So glad you like it; can't wait to see what it looks like. Thanks for sharing.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: xxxzvp
Date Posted: May 19 2012 at 2:23pm
Good for you! Can't wait to see some pics.

Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: May 19 2012 at 6:57pm
I can't wait either!  Sorry I didn't respond before you went, but I would have answered the question topic with a big YES.  You are gorgeous & it sounds like the cut has enhanced that!

Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 3:48am
Now, what I should have done is taken a photo when my hair was straight from the salon! Instead I've styled it myself this morning and got it totally wrong! I've put too much product in it and lost the shape - how could I get it so wrong when I've got virtually no hair. Anyway here goes:

At the sides she's left me sideburns which are about 3/4 ear length, which I'm not sure about, I think they elongate my face so they are tucked around my ears in the pic. The back she has taken very short to a point at my nape.

As you can see I have been seriously cropped, everybody whose seen my hair loves it, but they don't recognise me, most comments start with 'wow, oh my goodness........'

Please be honest with your views, if you think it can be improved (I will get the hang of styling it) let me know how.

Thanks

Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 3:49am
Now, what I should have done is taken a photo when my hair was straight from the salon! Instead I've styled it myself this morning and got it totally wrong! I've put too much product in it and lost the shape - how could I get it so wrong when I've got virtually no hair. Anyway here goes:

At the sides she's left me sideburns which are about 3/4 ear length, which I'm not sure about, I think they elongate my face so they are tucked around my ears in the pic. The back she has taken very short to a point at my nape.

As you can see I have been seriously cropped, everybody whose seen my hair loves it, but they don't recognise me, most comments start with 'wow, oh my goodness........'

Please be honest with your views, if you think it can be improved (I will get the hang of styling it) let me know how.

Thanks

Posted By: Alex04
Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 4:43am
My initial reaction was 'is it the same girl' but looking closely it is.

First, you look absolutely gorgeous with short hair, that is one of the best hair makeovers I've ever seen, you must be thrilled with the outcome.

When you said that your stylist had totally cropped you, I didn't imagine that she had cropped you to that extent. I must admit that I didn't think that hair that short would suit you, but it certainly does. I hope you gave your stylist a good tip!

Finally I love the overall look. To me there is nothing better than an attractive girl with a dress that shows off her nape, great makeup and short hair - you would definitely turn my head if I saw you.

One final request, we couldn't have a rear view could we? I'd love to see that cropped nape!

Posted By: makeitshort
Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 8:32am
Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up

WOW! You look incredible! Just play with it.  Isn't that a lot of the fun of a new style?

Please do post more pics as you try different things & I'm sure we would all like to see pics of the side & back.

Again you look great!

Posted By: Bananapantss
Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 9:52am
Wow... You were very pretty before with longer hair, but with it that short you look absolutely beautiful, even without styling it the best    I say keep it for a long time and try different styles or just slightly changing the cut (since you only can change it slightly when it's that short), just have fun with it. I wouldn't mind a picture of the sides/back also

Posted By: Heratic
Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 11:26am
Absolutely stunning transformation - you defineitely made the right choice to go super short.

Enjoy :)

-------------
Its your hair, your choice and your decision

Posted By: love it short
Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 1:27pm
You really look great! Love the ultra short cut, you wasn't joking about being totally cropped. Your a brave lady and it takes a lot of guts to have all your hair cut off, your boyfriend must be really happy. A picture of the sides and back would be great also!

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 6:55pm
Move over J-Lo and Beyonce, there is another most beautiful woman in the world.
Would love to see more pics with it styled different ways....as someone said, have fun with it.

Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 6:58pm
You look fantastic! I'm loving this cut on you. Thank you so much for sharing your adventure.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: cyhairctr
Date Posted: May 20 2012 at 10:51pm
Hey guys. This is a makeover but I doubt Rachel28 is the owner. Check out this link from 2007.http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericathepimp/2243545125/

-------------
send me a pic I will see what I can do!

Posted By: TDurden
Date Posted: May 21 2012 at 2:00am
Originally posted by cyhairctr cyhairctr wrote:

Hey guys. This is a makeover but I doubt Rachel28 is the owner. Check out this link from 2007.http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericathepimp/2243545125/

Wow! Talk about doing your research.  I have to admit though that it actually raises even more questions.  The flicker files didn't include the specific "after" pic Rachel28 uploaded...dumdum the plot thickens...

PS what's with the uptick in makeover id theft...maybe a correlation with the end of the school year?

Date Posted: May 21 2012 at 3:19am
Looks like 'Rachel28' has taken us all for a ride, are any of the makeovers on this site real?

So whats the thought on these people who post hoaxes, are they people who just like to take us 'hair interest' types for a ride, or are they 'hair interest' people themselves and just get off in seeing how we react?

Date Posted: May 21 2012 at 3:31am
Originally posted by TDurden TDurden wrote:

Originally posted by cyhairctr cyhairctr wrote:

Wow! Talk about doing your research.  I have to admit though that it actually raises even more questions.  The flicker files didn't include the specific "after" pic Rachel28 uploaded...dumdum the plot thickens...PS what's with the uptick in makeover id theft...maybe a correlation with the end of the school year?

I've just looked at Flickr and as previously said this doesn't seem as straight forward as you'd think! The photos are under 'ericathepimp' photo stream but if you look through her photos the ones with short hair are missing, but there are photos of her with longer hair and her name is.....Rachel.

Would you use your own name on a spoof? umm!

Could the date on the camera be set wrong, that's happened to me before!

Finally neither photo used is in the photo stream, and I would say that in the short haired photo she does look a similar age to her more recent photos on Flickr..........

Posted By: cyhairctr
Date Posted: May 21 2012 at 8:58am
Great theory but that is not the case. She is a model and the cut did take place in 2007. Think what you may but this is a hoax. 

-------------
send me a pic I will see what I can do!

Posted By: trout
Date Posted: May 27 2012 at 12:37pm
My .02

I am sure (and think it was definitively proven here)that some of these message board posts are made up. I'm really not sure that I care.

I feel a little sorry for the people who take the time and energy to do stuff like this. Message boards are not something that I take seriously or consider to be substantive enough to put that much energy into. It is interesting to see a few pictures. It is interesting to see what people's reactions are to those pictures. I don't think I'm invested enough in the people in those pictures to care whether they are real or fake.

Its kind of interesting in general to see how strongly opinionated people are about this stuff.    

Print Page | Close Window