Forum Name: Celebrity Hair Talk
Forum Description: The hair trials and tribulations of Celebrities
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=70815
Printed Date: April 24 2024 at 9:19pm

Topic: Portia Di Rossi
Posted By: JerkyFlea
Subject: Portia Di Rossi
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 10:04am
So, something I thought I'd never see: Portia Di Rossi with short hair...

If you check wireimage, you can see that she had cut it up to shoulder length earlier this year - which was the shortest I'd ever seen it prior to this.  Given that and now this short bob, I'm wondering if this is continuing progression toward very short.

And the reason I said I never thought I'd see it is that Portia had said years ago - back in the days of Ally McBeal - that she had cut her hair very short once and would never do it again.  But times, they are a changin'...

And while this certainly looks cute - it's damn hard to ugly up Portia - it can't compare with how spectacular her long hair looks on her.  IMHO.

As usual,
JerkyFlea

-------------
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.

Replies:
Posted By: ssjockey
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 10:29am
I actually am not particularly surprised, given her recent progression toward this length.  I think it is a great cut and look for her, and believe this is as short as she should go...

Posted By: fatmoogas
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 12:36pm
I think...hmmm..on second thoughts, better leave it unsaid!

Posted By: Kramer
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 2:13pm

So glad I didn't have to break this news. Another longhair icon bites the dust. I, for one, am crushed. Not that I had a chance with her, but I could at least look.

Portia's hair did look thinner when she was doing shows and talking about her eating disorder. I wonder if one had to do with the other?

Alas, I will so miss this.

Remember her commercial for Loreal? Her hair was indeed "worth it":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJiw9fndis - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJiw9fndis

-------------
Who has more fun than people?

Posted By: Karen Shelton
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 2:59pm
Hi all,

Yes...as JF said...it's hurt to ugly up Portia.  But I def like her better with long hair.  She doesn't exactly look like Ellen, which is what the celebrity media is saying, but she doesn't exactly look like a beautiful blonde bombshell either.

And Kramer...there are others who have recently gone a lot shorter but I will wait to share that news once I have photos to share.  :-(

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 3:19pm
Say it isn't so!

-------------

Posted By: TDurden
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Karen Shelton Karen Shelton wrote:

Hi all,

Yes...as JF said...it's hurt to ugly up Portia.  But I def like her better with long hair.  She doesn't exactly look like Ellen, which is what the celebrity media is saying, but she doesn't exactly look like a beautiful blonde bombshell either.

And Kramer...there are others who have recently gone a lot shorter but I will wait to share that news once I have photos to share.  :-(

I'm with Kramer...shame she chopped it off...but my interested is piqued OT...who else has undergone the massive chop, Karen? 

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 6:48pm

.there are others who have recently gone a lot shorter but I will wait to share that news once I have photos to share.  :-(

Gah! Unfair tease!

That aside, I don't think this looks awful. Her iconic look, for me, will always be from her Better Off Ted (hugely underrated show) days, but this is attractive, too. I won't fall to my knees and curse the heavens over it, but I definitely was taken by surprise.

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: June 07 2012 at 10:17pm
I would also like to know who else went short. As a poster as said her hair was looking thin. So why not go short get rid of damage. Sad to see her go short.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 12:45am
Come on Karen, at least give us a hint!!!!

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 1:03am
I'm hoping it wasn't Karen herself.

-------------

Posted By: Mike46019
Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 3:42am
Would she go short?. Karen that is.

-------------
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 8:34am
Wondering the degree of chop to which Karen is referring.  For example, Sheryl Crow recently cut off 8-10 inches, but that just took her from waist length to the vicinity of mid-back...

-------------

Posted By: Michael1
Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 8:50am
Ally McBeal was ten years ago. A lot changes in ten years. Portia certainly had beautiful long hair and I'm sure she will again. But every woman needs a change now and again for many reasons.

It's a shame that she can't cut her hair short without people saying that she looks like Ellen. Apparently if you're gay and go short you're butch. Maybe that's a reason she never cut it.

Posted By: arch94
Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 9:38am
Thank you Ellen!

Karen...come on!!! ;)

-------------
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!

Posted By: OH2TX
Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 10:52am
I actually like it, and I think it's a cute style & flattering on her.  She had beautiful long hair, but I think she can absolutely pull of this look, too.

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 2:25pm
Lucy Hale of Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family is one of the celebs I was referring to.

Lucy was famous for her long (below middle of back) thick brunette hair.

Season 3 just started and she has shoulder length hair.  The rest is gone.  Chopped.

Before Chop
http://abcfamily.go.com/site/style/photos-details/pretty-little-liars-red-carpet-lucy-hale/890134/pretty-little-liars-red-carpet-lucy-hale/890134/890124 -

After chop

http://abcfamily.go.com/site/style/photos-details/pretty-little-liars-red-carpet-lucy-hale/890134/pretty-little-liars-red-carpet-lucy-hale/890134/954873 -

A month or so after the initial chop.

-------------
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 2:30pm
Sorry for the suspense.  I had to try and find good photos of Before and After to really show the difference.

And no....I would never cut my hair.  Gasp~~~~~~~

-------------

Posted By: Bob S
Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 2:34pm
     Given Ellen's obvious enjoyment of chopping women's long hair (remember Alanis?), including her own, I'm surprised that her partner's beautiful hair lasted this long. To me, it's bland and blah, maybe a 4 out of 10. Not as bad as Ellen's crop, but still unfortunate.
     And Karen Marie, are YOU about to break the hearts of long hair aficionados everywhere? Now THAT would be shocking. But of course, it isn't true, is it Karen? Say it ain't so! Ummm....your Facebook photo has vanished. Hmmmm.... Bob

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 2:36pm

Sorry for the suspense.  I had to try and find good photos of Before and After to really show the difference.And no....I would never cut my hair.  Gasp~~~~~~~

I'm not sure if I believe you now!

Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 2:42pm
It's odd about my Facebook photos.  I will have to find them.

I promise...I still have all my hair but Lucy Hale doesn't.  See above.

BTW guys...do I need to start a new thread for Lucy Hale?  Sorry to include her here.

-------------

Posted By: HAWG
Date Posted: June 08 2012 at 9:06pm
Video of Ellen talking about Portia's new short haircut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2f5ZFcKsw&feature=player_embedded - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2f5ZFcKsw&feature=player_embedded

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: June 09 2012 at 12:02am

Whew, glad you still have your gorgeous locks, Karen. God love you.

-------------

Date Posted: June 26 2012 at 10:24am

Ironically, I just read where Portia de Rossi will play the role of Lily in NBC's reimaging of the '60s sitcom "The Munsters" called "Mockingbird Lane." Of course, Yvonne DeCarlo, who played the original Lily Munster, wore a long wig in the role.

-------------

Date Posted: June 26 2012 at 4:54pm
What a beauty was Yvonne De Carlo! From the sublime to the ridiculous!

Date Posted: July 24 2012 at 7:32pm
At the Teen Choice Awards

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: Klaatu48
Date Posted: July 24 2012 at 8:50pm
I'd probably have the same expression were I forced to attend.

Date Posted: July 25 2012 at 8:23pm
A better picture; I'm liking this cut on her.

-------------
HAWG

Posted By: loveshorthair
Date Posted: July 25 2012 at 9:27pm
It is cute cut, but an awful look...does she have a bad stomach?

Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: July 28 2012 at 8:36am
Portia's style certainly is fine, but kind of saddens me, since she's one of my all time favorite long hair wearers. Her long curly look used to be epic. Even her sleek buns on Better Off Ted were fantastic. Oh, well. It grows back.

Posted By: Rayman
Date Posted: August 09 2012 at 3:21pm
At the set of Arrested Development this week:

Posted By: Curlyfan
Date Posted: August 09 2012 at 3:30pm
Well, hmmmm. That's weird.

-------------
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!

Date Posted: August 09 2012 at 4:55pm
Bad wig...

Date Posted: August 10 2012 at 6:05am
Oh wow.  Really bad wig ssjockey.  I agree.

-------------

Date Posted: August 12 2012 at 2:55pm
So, the only thing I don't get is why Portia finally, after all these years, decided to cut her hair short just before they started filming the new episodes of "Arrested Development" in which she was expected to still have long hair.

Go figure. Maybe it'll be a plot point in some episode.

JF

-------------

Date Posted: September 06 2012 at 2:26pm
I'm really liking the new haircut!

http://www.dailyceleb.com/ximagi/search.php?sort=celeb&assignment_id=8335&people%5b%5d=Portia%20de%20Rossi - http://www.dailyceleb.com/ximagi/search.php?sort=celeb&assignment_id=8335&people[]=Portia%20de%20Rossi

Posted By: Rayman
Date Posted: January 11 2013 at 3:52pm
At People's Choice Awards.

Date Posted: January 12 2013 at 3:42am
I thought she came into the long, stringy category.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Date Posted: April 30 2013 at 3:29pm
Too funky

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:31pm
      Holy cow! I used to think that this woman was a hottie. Maybe my brain only noticed the stunning hair. At least she and Ellen have similar bad haircuts now. Embarrassed

Posted By: Kathryn
Date Posted: May 18 2013 at 1:14pm
May 13th

Date Posted: June 01 2013 at 9:00am
Cutting her hair on Arrested Development

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3kVZ-EEthU&feature=player_embedded - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3kVZ-EEthU&feature=player_embedded

-------------
HAWG

Date Posted: June 02 2013 at 3:12am
Cutting a wig I guess.

-------------
jug jug to dirty ears

Print Page | Close Window