Forum Description: Tips & Techniques to look your best
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=71430
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 10:31am

Topic: THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PERMANENT MAKEUP
Posted By: farah shash
Subject: THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT PERMANENT MAKEUP
Date Posted: October 09 2012 at 1:49pm
1. IT’S NOT 100% PERMANENT

Unlike tattoos that stay with you until your last breath, permanent makeup tends to show signs of fading after a couple of years. This is due to the fact that colors aren’t injected as deeply as it is the case with a classic tattoo and means you are allowed to have a change of heart. That’s good news, of course! Bad news is that your fading permanent makeup might prove to be worst-looking that no makeup at all which is why beauticians usually recommend subtle, natural shades that will complement and enhance your looks yet can be played up for special occasions.
2. IT CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ALLERGIC REACTIONS

Speaking about very important things to know about permanent makeup, here’s what you really must keep in mind – no color is ever considered 100% safe and there are no such things as FDA approved colors. Even vegetable, completely natural ones might cause serious allergic reactions, swelling and blistering in case a person tends to suffer from allergies.
3. PERMANENT MAKEUP CAN MESS UP YOUR MRI RESULTS

Yeah, funny but true! Iron particles in the pigment will react with magnetic impulses of an MRI machine causing mild discomfort and even redness that may last a couple of days! And if that wasn’t enough, seems that it is necessary to let your radiologist know you’ve had permanent makeup done so he could adjust the machine, take it into account or whatever so your MRI scan wouldn’t be compromised. i lash
4. ALL EQUIPMENT MUST BE 100% STERILE

Okay, before you go “Duh!” let me explain why I believe this deserves to be on my list of things to know about permanent makeup. You see, although brows and lips don’t seem like critical areas, you must never forget this is way more serious than an old case of herpes waking up from deep sleep (which isn’t to be dismissed either!). Scary stuff like Hepatitis C and AIDS can be spread around too and you’ll be surprised to know that many women have been infected while getting their makeup done. There’s way more to it than slapping a brand new needle on and a pro certainly knows that! My point? Don’t tolerate anything but clean, sterile instruments and workspace and take your business elsewhere in case you notice something not quite up to standards lashes.

Replies:
Posted By: gendolly
Date Posted: November 07 2012 at 8:04am
Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Print Page | Close Window