Print Page | Close Window

will bob haircuts EVER be trendy for guys?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=71831
Printed Date: March 18 2024 at 11:55pm

Topic: will bob haircuts EVER be trendy for guys?
Posted By: jennifer_m
Subject: will bob haircuts EVER be trendy for guys?
Date Posted: December 05 2012 at 2:11pm
I'm a male with very nice thick hair andI love the look, shape, and swing of bob haircuts. I want to get my hair cut in a nice pretty bob with bangs but there are many negative reactions by people and societ society. Will bob cuts ever be accepted for guys? What's your opinion? What types of Bobs are more likely to be accepted on guys?

Replies:
Posted By: Ricc
Date Posted: December 09 2012 at 12:40pm
If one person does something, they're eccentric. If two people do it, it raises eyebrows. If 3 or more do it, it's a trend. In order for a trend to happen, somebody has to take the bullet and and start things. It sounds like you'd be a good candidate.

Date Posted: December 10 2012 at 9:41am
I have started. I have an earlobe length bob with full triangle bangs to my eyebrows. I hope to see a LOT of guys get Bobs so people will stop telling me to get a haircut and that only girls wear their hair in Bobs with bangs.

Posted By: BobbedAtLast
Date Posted: June 26 2013 at 7:20pm
I've had a stacked, inverted chin+ length bob for 3 and a half years now.  For the last two years I have had lots of highlights on top of my medium brown base and the stack is colored black, a popular option with girls with bobs.  My  style is accepted by 99% of the people who see me.  I have never had negative comments, and have gotten some  compliments.  I also have double pierced ears and always wear earrings, usually 2-3" hoops in the front holes and ball studs in the back, but I wear a lot of different combinations.  I love my look, my wife allows it, and I don't see changing!!

Posted By: BobbedAtLast
Date Posted: June 26 2013 at 7:31pm
Oh, and if you want to see some pix of my bob join the Yahoo group guyswithbobs, and you will see my pix in various albums with BobbedAtLast and the date as the folder name.I have not posted any lately but  I need to since I have a more extreme cut now, with the front long enough for the curved under ends to touch under my chin but the back still stacked short.  I am getting the font blonder, too.  I will post some more after my next salon visit in a few days.

Posted By: jamiejenj
Date Posted: January 27 2014 at 7:51am
I have my bobbed pic on yahoo.com guys with bobbed hair. folder is named my feminine bob. you think I should go jaw length??

Posted By: jamiejenj
Date Posted: May 29 2014 at 7:38pm
I have straight thick brown hair cut in a blunt chin length bob with wide blunt bangs. My next salon appt I'm going to get a really feminine angled bob with bangs, chin length in front angled to mid ear in back and stacked with thick blunt bangs about mid forehead

Posted By: bonitassalon
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:15am
Originally posted by jamiejenj jamiejenj wrote:

I have straight thick brown hair cut in a blunt chin length bob with wide blunt bangs. My next salon appt I'm going to get a really feminine angled bob with bangs, chin length in front angled to mid ear in back and stacked with thick blunt bangs about mid forehead

The reality is that bobs are unisex.  There really aren't feminine or masculine bobs per say.  Hair is hair and hair cuts are hair cuts.  Bobs are bobs. 

Men have been wearing bobs forever and they are always in style.  Same for women.  Throughout history men have worn bobs although they might have been called something else. 

Sounds like you really enjoy bob hairstyles and cuts.  It's always great when people know what type of hairstyles they love to wear.  Enjoy.

Posted By: bonitassalon
Date Posted: May 30 2014 at 5:19am
Originally posted by jennifer_m jennifer_m wrote:

I'm a male with very nice thick hair andI love the look, shape, and swing of bob haircuts. I want to get my hair cut in a nice pretty bob with bangs but there are many negative reactions by people and societ society. Will bob cuts ever be accepted for guys? What's your opinion? What types of Bobs are more likely to be accepted on guys?

This is 2014.  ANY type of bob is acceptable on any type of person - male or female.

Look at Justin Bieber & all the different hairstyles he has worn for the past few years.  The One Direction guys have all had a wide range of hairstyles.

In today's world anything goes on anyone - male or female - of any age.  I even saw a 80 year old woman in the salon who has bright Manic Panic blueberry hair. 

Pick a hairstyle you love, that will look good on with your face & features & body and don't worry about whether it is male or female, young or old.  Just enjoy it.

It's the job of your stylist to cut your hair however you want to wear it.

Date Posted: March 13 2015 at 6:25pm
I now have my thick brown hair cut in a one length bob just above my shoulders with bangs. Love the way it looks and swings and all of the attention it gets me

Print Page | Close Window