Print Page | Close Window

Mans hair needs help

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Men's Hair & Fashion
Forum Name: Men's Hair
Forum Description: Devoted to the special needs of the male species.
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=76345
Printed Date: March 28 2024 at 5:12am

Topic: Mans hair needs help
Posted By: HairNeedsHelp
Subject: Mans hair needs help
Date Posted: March 19 2013 at 4:44pm

I have a question and am hoping that someone will be able to help me. In December, for Christmas I bleached my hair (head and beard) (natural color is black) several times and achieved white hair because I wanted to look like Santa for SantaCon. I am aware that I could have bleached to a blond orange and used a purple toner or a plain blue or red to mix, but none of the local beauty supply stores had any; and none of the sales persons could agree on how to get my hair white.

Bleached hair photo

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/tacoishere/Santa_zps29fcf076.jpg

St Patrick ’s Day came along and I decided to be a leprechaun so I did 1 session of bleach on my roots which I haven’t touched since December. Of course the beauty supply store did not have temporary orange color so I had to get the semi-permanent orange (Beyond the Zone Brand – I Think). So it took several sessions of coloring (no developer was used) and I achieved a lighter version of what I wanted but it got a seal of approval at all the bars in the city that day. Later I found out about pre-pigmentation which I will keep in mind before I color again.

Orange hair photo

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag121/tacoishere/Leprechaun_zps4a0b90e9.jpg

So my actual question is - How do I get the orange color out of my hair and achieve the white I had before? It is not naturally washing out like the claim on the bottle.

I have read about

Lemon and baking soda paste – tried but didn’t notice any change

Hot oil treatment –  yet to try

Mixing bleach in shampoo

Mixing peroxide in shampoo (if peroxide is only a catalyst I don’t know if this will work)

I went to the local beauty supply store to get a semi-permanent hair color remover and a professional’s opinion. The Professional, after insisting that nothing in the store would work and I should just try to neutralize the color, she ended up selling me Satin Color Revere. I have not used the Satin Color Reverse yet because I have lost faith in the sales person at this particular store. I don’t want to neutralize my color with more color because I want to be able to color my hair again if needed from white without any unexpected side effect from the orange and the neutralizing color.

Will the product Vanish help me even though the color I used was without developer?

Any suggestions from hair professional will be appreciated.

Sorry about the long post but I figured having a better history of how I got my hair to this point will affect which method is best to use. Thanks is advance!!!

Print Page | Close Window