Print Page | Close Window

Long Hair With Business Wear

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8288
Printed Date: April 23 2024 at 6:07pm

Topic: Long Hair With Business Wear
Posted By: Ally
Subject: Long Hair With Business Wear
Date Posted: January 05 2000 at 8:36am
Hi, all. I'm dragging this over from the Hair Talk forum because, well, someone has to break the ice.

In my opinion, very long hair should not be worn down with a business suit. I think the two looks clash, and the result is not professional looking.

Hair that's a few inches past the shoulders....maybe. But I think waist length hair should be pulled back or up when worn with a suit.

Opinions?

Ally

Replies:
Posted By: Jennifer
Date Posted: January 05 2000 at 8:49am
With perhaps an occasional exception, in general, I agree wtih you. The reason -- the hair draws attention away from the person and to the hair. It's the same reason one wouldn't wear fishnet stockings and a mini-skirt to the boardroom! You want the focus to be on your work, not your appearance. Obviously, appearance is important! But not as the *focial* point in a business situation. That's when women aren't taken seriously. It may appear that they're spending more spend on how they look rather than how they work. Of course, it isn't always true, but in a situation like that, it's better to blend in a bit rather than stand out, *except* for your actual work!

-------------