Print Page | Close Window

Pressure to cut your hair after 30... or is it 40?

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8294
Printed Date: April 16 2024 at 12:33pm

Topic: Pressure to cut your hair after 30... or is it 40?
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Pressure to cut your hair after 30... or is it 40?
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
My hair politics beef are:a) The pressure to cut your hair after a certain age, andb) The pressure to cut your hair when you're a "professional" woman in the workplace.It just fascinates me that people have such strong opinions about long hair and believe you should follow certain rules. As long as you're neat and well-groomed in the workplace, who cares?!Plus, who made up the rules that you should have short hair after turning 30, 40, whatever?Ah, it feels good to rant!Related Link:Bowers-Bahney Communications

Replies:
Posted By: KAREN
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:38pm
Hi Jen,Great topic.I am currently really struggling with the professional "woman" thing. As you know, I own my own company and my partners will often suggest that I might consider putting my hair up with my suits. UGH. On the one hand I know that are right and people do take me more seriously, on the other hand, I want to wear my hair the way I want to.As far as the "over 30-40, cut your hair" bah humbug. I get pretty steamed when I see that. Thank God Jane Fonda who is over 60 has very long hair these days.Karen> My hair politics beef are:> a) The pressure to cut your hair after a certain age,> and> b) The pressure to cut your hair when you're a> "professional" woman in the workplace.> It just fascinates me that people have such strong> opinions about long hair and believe you should follow> certain rules. As long as you're neat and well-groomed> in the workplace, who cares?!> Plus, who made up the rules that you should have short> hair after turning 30, 40, whatever?> Ah, it feels good to rant!

-------------
TAKE CARE WITH YOUR HAIR!