Print Page | Close Window

HERBAL ESSENCE COMMERCIALS

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8306
Printed Date: May 07 2024 at 9:30pm

Topic: HERBAL ESSENCE COMMERCIALS
Posted By: Holly
Subject: HERBAL ESSENCE COMMERCIALS
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
I just have to write that I really DO NOT LIKE the commercials for these products! I even complained to Clairol, and I used to receive coupons for haircoloring products from them, and they immediatly just stopped sending them after I complained. (I said it respectfully to them as well). I did say that L'oreal and Revlon don't have to resort to that kind of advertising-that probably made them a little upset:)) I don't want to admit this, but I still continue using their haircoloring products, because they are the gentlest and best coloring that I've found. I just wish they would stop these commercials. Now, I moved to France around three months ago, so I've no idea if they are still on like they used to be, but little kids can see these commercials any hour of the day!Not what you'd expect from an old tride and true company like Clairol.

Replies:
Posted By: Ally
Holly--Heh. :) I don't find these commercials offensive so much as ANNOYING. They're neither clever nor funny, and the "When Harry Met Sally" bit is a dead horse. I'm an actress (not my primary profession), and I'd be mortified to do one of those.I put them on the same list as that Nexxus shampoo commercial where the model's boyfriend has promised to "wash her hair."*GAG*Ally

-------------

Posted By: Holly
That Nexxus one must be kind of new-I don't remember seeing that when I was back in the states. You're right, though, it's sounds like a dippy one:)

-------------