Print Page | Close Window

Does long hair really get in the way of your job

Printed From: HairBoutique.com
Category: Hair Talk
Forum Name: Hair Politics
Forum Description: The politics of Hair is a slippery slope...
URL: https://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8373
Printed Date: April 19 2024 at 4:00pm

Topic: Does long hair really get in the way of your job
Posted By: Unregistered Guest
Subject: Does long hair really get in the way of your job
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:53pm
This morning I was at a coffee shop and right in front of me was this female police officer. Her hair was braided and wrappped around in a coil into a bun and secured with a fabric hair thing.The strange part is in my city there is a group that shaves their head in belief that it will prevent crime against women because men won't be able to pull their hair in assult.I was thinking of that group when I was looking at the police officer . The way her hair was coiled , her hair was easily down to the middle of her back or even waist length.Now isn't this interesting. Here we have female police officers that keep their long hair and can perform their duty and on the other side of the coin we have a group of women that are so scard of men that they shaved their heads.

Replies:
Posted By: Ally
Date Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:53pm
> Now isn't this interesting. Here we have female police> officers that keep their long hair and can perform> their duty and on the other side of the coin we have a> group of women that are so scard of men that they> shaved their heads.** Heh. In my opinion, this is like having the radio removed from your car to ensure no one will break into it: Someone might break in anyway, and now you have to drive around without a radio. What a silly and extremist thing to do. If a mugger/rapist/assailant pulls a gun or knife on you, it's not going to matter whether you have hair. And if he really wants a handhold, he can just as easily grab onto clothing, a backpack, etc. Sounds to me like they're trying to make a statement rather than safeguarding themselves.When I did time in the military, long hair was never a problem. Short hair was never a problem. Medium-length hair was the biggest problem, because it hung over the collar and in the face, and could not be secured as easily as long hair. (It would pull out of barrettes and braids.)Ally

-------------