Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wild Growth Hair Oil

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Amie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 9:53am
I have decided to let my hair grow out and I just started to use that wild growth hair oil. I love how it makes my hair feel especially when I sleep in my satain scarf at night. But can get really grease if you put to much on. My hair is about 2 inches above my ear because I just cut it all off again. I have never had shoulder length hair, but that is my long to have my hair grow at least to my shoulder, because I have never let it grow beyond the middle of my neck. Does any one have any tips on growing short hair out. I am also taking gnc ultra nourishair, but they are really to big to swallow, I have to cut them in half.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2002 at 2:01pm
Amie,
I do not know if you are into the braid thing or not, but if you want your hair to grow really fast, I would suggest braids. Check out www.growafrolong.com. I found it to be very informative. I also had braids put in, and they growed my hair very fast too. So check the website out, and continue to use your oil. How long have you been using the oil?
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 1:53am
Hi Tileta! The last time I GOT MY PERM WAS ON APRIL 24 OR 25.Since hair is only supposed to grow 1/4 to 1/2 an inch a month I THINK WILD GROWTH HAS HELPED BECAUSE i measured nearly 2 inches of new growth.I HAD TO Trim my ends though which might have taken some length of.Do you think trimming will help my hair grow back more than the length it lost?
Amie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 7:01am
I have been using it for about a week. I washed my hair, but a little choslteral, hot oil treatment, and then but some wild growth hair oil on my scalp and hair ( I only use 10 drops because my hair is short) and some 911 leave in conditioner and my hair feels great this morning. I sleep in a satin scarf now. I have worn braids before letting my hair grow out and it worked, but then it just broke off again after taking them out. SO my beautican said I shouldn`t get my hair braided any more to just let it grow out. I think I am going to start using that Keracare shampoo, after my current bottle is gone. I have some new growth right now but it is because my last perm didn`t take to well. I will be able to tell after my next perm, how well the oil and gnc vitamins are working on my hair. But foe right now I am happy with the shine and softest of my hair.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 9:01am
Ashley, are you pressing your hair or flat ironing it? If you are not getting a perm, then you should press. As you know our hair tends to grow in a "S" pattern. Like stated before, you shouldn`t need to get your ends clipped unless the hair becomes severly damaged(opinion). If you have gone this long without a perm, I think you could continue to go without one. The natural state is much better for growing the hair out instead of chemicals. Eventually, I hope to grow my perm out and go with the press.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 9:25am
Amie,
I guess you know why your hair is itching. If not, it is because of all the oils you are using. Wild growth hair oil can be used as a hot oil treatment as well; therefore, you can delete the other oil you are using. I do not need any conditioner on my hair. I apply the oil onto my damp hair after a wash, dry it, oil the scalp, and then style. Braids can be used to your advantage if they are cared for correctly. Make sure that the braider knows what he/she is doing. There are so many stylist who loves to braid, but do not take your natural hair into consideration when doing so. The only problem I had with my braids was my edges broke off. With a week of wild growth oil gently massaged into the temples, I could see new hair growing. So I will be going back to the salon very soon to get my hair braided again.
Amie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 10:20am
Do you get better result applying the oil to your scalp after your hair was dry? I apply to my scalp and hair while it is still damp. Has your hair every been shaved in the back and do you curl your hair at all?
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 12:39pm
I found that if you oil your scalp before drying, the heat sucks the oil out and then you will have to re-oil the scalp. Therefore, I oil the hair before drying. Then the scalp after it is dry. My hair was shaved in the back May of last year. Now it is on my shoulders. I do curl my hair. Only once a week though unless there is a special occassion then I may need to bump it again. After I`ve washed and dried my hair, I tightly curl my hair with large barrel curling irons. Then I wrap the hair. Bumping with the barrels allows my hair to stay in a nice bouncy wrap/bob style for an entire week. I am committed to a no heat policy, except on wash days. As you know, too much heat can damage the hair. I think the main thing that has helped my hair to grow is changing the way I maintenanced my hair along with my wild growth hair oil. Now my hair is a priority. The beauty of my hair has allowed my self-esteem to become even greater. But even moreover, "The men love." I was walking into my office building this morning, and a gentlemen said to me, "Your hair is so beautiful. There is nothing like a black woman with long beautiful hair." I was so flattered.
Amie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 2:15pm
That is just what I needed to hear. I can`t believe your hair is to your shoulders already. Hope I will still be replying on this message board a year from now talking about how much my hair has grown. See honestly I have never really taken good care of my hair, so I hope that I just keep taking the time out to take care of it because I get tried a lot working, taking care of my household, children, husaband etc. It seems like I never have to time to take care of myself after I had my son. But my hair is going to start being very important to me. Did you let your hair grow out in layers or evenly, and also do you get your hair done by a stylist? i have so many questions hope you don`t mind
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 2:52pm
Amie, I do not mind at all. We both are trying to acheive the same thing. I was in the same situation too. I did not take time out for me. One day, I just made up in my mind that I wanted long hair. I knew that I had to make changes within myself first. My inspiration comes from my co-workers, friends, family, and my partner. They all are puzzled and wondering what I am doing to my hair to make it grow in days. I do not tell all of them my secret(wild growth). I like to keep them guessing. One of my friends offered me money to tell her what I was doing to my hair. I went ahead and told her at no charge though. That is what keep me going and not get lazy every 3 days when it is time to oil my hair. Because some days I just do not feel like oiling my hair, but I oil it anyways. I only go to the beautician to get flat twist, braids, or if I want an updo. Other than that I do not let the stylist do anything to my hair that will cause it to be exposed to the air(wrap/bob). It is very much possible to achieve the same things at home that a stylist can do in the salon. For someone that does not get her ends clipped, my hair is growing rather evenly. You know if your hair is uneven and you are trying to wear a wrap or bob, it can look real shabby if it is not even. I guess I am just blessed that all of my hair is growing at one time and not by areas.
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2002 at 4:21pm
i have already had almost 2 new inches of growth but I WOULD LIKE ABOUT 3 MORE INCHES OF NEW GROWTH.i have not pressed my hair or did anything to it except comb and apply the oil.I `M NOT SURE IF it is possible to get that amount of growth by August .What do you think? I CLIPPED MY ENDS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MY STYLIST WOULD DO.iF I CANNOT ACHIEVE THAT LENGTH THEN i WOULD WANT TO GET BRAIDS.dO YOU THINK MY HAIR WOULD FALL OF BECAUSE i would not take them out till around december.What do you think?
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2002 at 8:51am
I think braids would be a good idea, but you would have to make sure you keep them clean and get them re-done often, so they will not damage and break off your hair. It is very much possible to get 3 inches of length by August. Get your braids and continue to use the oil. As far as clipping your ends go, this topic is very opinionated. Some benefit from it and some do not(I don`t).
Amie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2002 at 8:54am
T
Ok, when you decided to let your hair growth from when it was shaved in the back, did you let the top grow out gradually, or did you let the back grow out also at the same time. I just want to really make sure my hair is heathly this time. I know that when it gets to a lenght that it is easier for me to rap myself, I will stop going to the salon every week. So you said something about letting air get to your hair. Is air on your air bad or something. I have never heard of that. I am thinking about talking pictures of my hair once a month to document my hair growth, but I don`t understand how people be measuring there new growth. Maybe my hair is just to short to do that. Do you every roll your hair? I think that once my hair get longer. I will start getting it braided again, but my hair broke off in the back when I got it braided in the back when I was letting it grow out.
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2002 at 3:49pm
Amie, when I had my hair shaved it the back, the top of it was bobbed, and it fell long to the chin. When the back started growing, I would use a small curling iron to flip the back, so it wouldn`t just hang and look messy. You`ve probably seen all the stars now that wear their hair flipped up. Well that is what I did to the shaved area. I continued to style and maintain the top as usual. Air dries out your hair. Especially during the winter time. And of course, when the hair gets dry, it breaks off. That is what I meant by not letting air get to your hair. Many people call this no contact hair styles(ex.buns and ponytails). I do not roll my hair either. I just curl it once a week, and it will last all week. Your hair is not too short to be measured. I take a strand of hair and tape it down to a hard surface and measure with a ruler. As far as braiding goes, it depends on the professionalism that the stylist has. You do not want anyone tugging and pulling on your hair. That is where a lot of people go wrong. They try to find the cheapest bargain, and someone who can give them a quick fix. Then they are mad and upset because their hair fell out. You should be very picky when finding a braider.
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2002 at 4:31pm
Tileta,what kind of braids do you recommend?
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2002 at 8:11am
Ashley,
Of course any braids will cause some kind of breakage. It is up to you to make sure you take good care of the braids to minimize that breakage.
I wear microbraids. Like I said before, microbraids caused my edges to break off, but I used the wild growth on the temples and they grew back so fast. So I like never missed my edges. But, don`t get me wrong though, the rest of my hair grew like grass. So I do not let my consciousness get to me about my edges because I know that they will be back in a matter of time.
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2002 at 11:35pm
I AM PLANNING ON GETTING BOX BRAIDS BECAUSE THE LAST TIME I GOT THEM MY HAIR GREW REALLY WELL.My hair did not really break off and if it did not very much.I want to leave them in for about 3 1/2 months and then take them out wash my hair and deep condition and then put them in again while using the wild growth. Iplan on doing this until I ACHIEVE MY DESIRED LENGTH.dO YOU FEEL THIS IS A GOOD PLAN???
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2002 at 8:02am
Girlfriend, please do not leave the braids in that long. If you didn`t get any breakage last time, you are bound to have some the next time. I would say keep them for 2 months at the most(I could never go that long). Going back into braids that fast will weaken your hair. It is best that you wait at least a month, and use your oil as a hot oil treatment. Then go back into the braids. If you are going to go back into braids as soon as you take them out, I would suggest that you use a leave in conditioner(spray) everyday on your braids and scalp.
Ashley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2002 at 12:11pm
My new plan is to get the braids in for about 2 months.Take them out and LEAVE THEM OUT FOR TWO MONTHS WHILE USING THE LeKairs cholesterol on my hair everyweek and using Wildgrowth.Then after having them out for two months .I will put them back in and continue until I HAVE ACHIEVED MY Desired LENGTH
Tileta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tileta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2002 at 8:17am
Ok, that sounds reasonable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic