Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WARNING - SAMPOOK'S 'Russian' hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 8:52am

Hi Ladies!

Well I looove the hair shown on http://www.russianhair.net

Thanks for the tips!
Yeah, I like my avatar, but there it's not snobby please!!! It's the caricature of the french waiter right here!!!! lol
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 8:59am

These women are from Russia. Mabey the hair in question is from one of these ladies from the mail order bride catalog?

Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 9:38am
you too funny
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
Marlena66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlena66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 1:01pm
hi donutloose, I guess I am not as lucky as you are ordering directly from russia. The quality of hair itself was horrible but in addition to that all the ponytails were cuticle reversed. my good dollars went down the toilet. oh well.... i tried
donutloose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donutloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 7:12pm
My God! Where did you get that hair from? A company claiming to sell virgin russian Hair? Looks like cuttings swept up from the floor! sorry to hear about your bad experience, it gives me a nasty feeling in my gut when people are so money orientated morals are left behind
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 8:11pm
Hi Marlena,
Please tell us the company you bought that awful looking hair from. If we know the name it will keep us from making the same mistake. Thanks XX

Edited by mokipono - August 27 2006 at 8:12pm
goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2006 at 8:36pm
*shudders*

You poor thing Marlena! That hair looks like it was hacked off an old goat! How these kinds of people sleep at night is beyond me. Don't they have any conscience at all? Guess not.

Is there any way at all you can get a refund? Was it expensive?
Darling Nikkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darling Nikkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 1:15am
That looks awful! What a rip off...
Looks like one badly done dreadlock.
I learn to love and try to understand everyone I meet. I see the rainbow hiding in their eyes.
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 3:15am
Mail order bride.....next time I get spammed by one of these lovely ladies, instead of clicking delete, I'll ask her if she wants to sell me her hair.
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 3:46am

I just dropped off a little note to sampook aka Sharyon Balaban in regards to false advertising. Amm, how am I doing? You are my mentor!

Marlena66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlena66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 11:42am
it was the company that was mentioned on hairtalk several times with good reviews. so i am wondering if someone is just selfadvertising on this board.
Marlena66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlena66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 12:07pm

hi goddes, what refund? are you kidding? that was western union transaction and the "supplier" tells me that the hair that was sent to me is the best of the best and my complaints are unfound because i am "ignorant in hair business" lol, it was $1200 per kilo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donutloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 1:11pm
Wheres it from! wheres it from?!? and whats with the braided bundle? what did they expect you to do with that??
Marlena66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlena66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 1:14pm
i have no idea... when i saw those braids i almost puked lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donutloose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 1:52pm
You had a kilo of this? was it all in that state? was it raw hair? that sounds like alot of money if it is raw, blimey, is there a trading standards complaint you could do? At least get some of the money back?
Marlena66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlena66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 2:02pm
it was "single drawn" 22" ponytails. i bought two kilos. about 300 grams were OK the rest was reversed, became dreads right after i washed it. the company is in russia, they are laughing at our complaints. i don't think i should mention the name of the company as i hate any legal battles but it was one of those three companies talked about on hairtalk that sell "virgin russian/ukrainian hair" with fancy websites. i guess they thought that i am one time customer out of the blue so i could be dooped.

i have paid for education, i am ok with that, but never again.
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 4:23pm

Marlena66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlena66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2006 at 4:30pm
more like this one
russiancat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russiancat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 3:32pm
Oh my!! I'm russian myself (from Belarus, to be exact) and let me tell you that most of our women and girls are different shades of blonde. This hair doesn't look what I remember seeing on russian womens' heads at all!  Not native slav russian, anyway. Maybe its armenian or georgian??? By the way, my own hair is sooo fine... (sigh).
mokipono View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mokipono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2006 at 11:00pm
I want to apologize to Sampook, it was very unethical of me to judge her hair without seeing it first. BUT SHE'S STILL CRAZY.

Edited by mokipono - September 15 2007 at 5:52am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic