Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How is your hair doing these days?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2007 at 9:54pm
tell me about it. I usually have to get a medium or large top, just to fit the length of my arms.
I am starting to wonder if I have been measuring properly. I measure from the front line by my forehead. Is the correct?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 11:03am
That's the way we understand it's to be done.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2007 at 11:12am

OK. I am doing it right. I thought I was, I just wanted to be sure. I am still at 32 in. This hits me about half way from my BS to my waist.Right at the beginning of the small of my back.

I have been at 32in  for quite a while, but I keep trimming the bottoms, so the sides will catch up from a v shape. I just took 1/2 in off actually.I usually like V shapes, but this one was way too extreme for me. The last time I measured the sides they were at 29 inches. So it is happening, it just seems to be going slowly.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2007 at 3:41pm
Mine is pretty healthy right now, thanks to a trim on Friday.  Actually, I was going to get a perm, but after discovering this forum, I decided not to, and to let it grow out again!  It is at 27 1/2 inches--but because I am tall, that is barely BSL. 

31"!!
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 8:38am
mine is growing in pretty well after I sorted out a hormonal imbalance problem that was causing some loss. Went from a 7 inch around ponytail down to about 5 inchesCry. It's growing back now and I seem to be growing a whole new hairline with a regime I found online for brushing which is pretty cool. Got the dye halfway out. Longest layer is a couple of inches off of elbow length and the shortest is collarbone length. The perpetual growing-out fringe(bangs) is now jaw length.....again and all my baby hairs are growing into normal, thick hairs. 

I'm pretty happy but there's always the urge to cut it all to collarboneLOL.

Oh yeah, I still heatstyle sometimes but comparing it to a year of no heatstyling, I actually less splits now than when I let it airdry and didn't brush frequently. Maybe the hair is just healthier now.
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2007 at 6:56pm

my hair is very healthy I cut about 5-6 inches off about this same time last year but it seems to be growing very fast its thick and shiny! i have been tempted to cut some more but I don't know if i will....I love it! it is currently about 2 in. past my waist it feels so short lol even though that is not all that short!

*edited to give length-

Edited by horselover_1625 - June 26 2007 at 5:33pm
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 7:04am
Hi tani-lai!  You have gorgeous hair and I love the color!  You must be tall if 27.5" only reaches BSL.  Waist-length on you would really be a lot of hair.  How long have you been growing your hair?  I think you decided right by not getting the perm.  Your hair is awesome as it is.  Welcome.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
tani-lai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tani-lai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2007 at 3:37pm
thanks, tdouty!  I've actually only started growing it out pretty recently, it's been not quite BSL for a while now.  I really like my hair in that picture, too--but too bad I had to use a curling iron to do it!  I am trying to wean myself from them, and since I've been using them for almost 20 years, that's hard!  Worth it, though.  I am 5'10", so I should get waist length around 32 or 33 inches--maybe next year.Smile

Thanks for the compliments!

31"!!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2007 at 8:17am
I know what you mean.  Jennifer (she's actually the one in the photos and I'm the lucky guy with her) likes to take a iron to her hair from time to time.   Lately she uses the flat iron more than the curling iron just to make it nice a sleek and remove the fuzzy strays.  She doesn't use it very often and stays away from the ends when she does, but wow, it sure makes her hair look great!  Your hair looks like it's about the same color as Jennifer's.  She just has enough red to make it stand out in the light and make you think that it isn't actually just brown.  It's a really nice color.  Happy growing and stay away from those scissors.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 6:52pm
I finally measured my hair.  I am pleased to announce that I am at 31".  I am more then excited!! 
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2007 at 10:01pm
Congratulations, Lickalime! I am so happy for you!Clap I wold love to see any pictures you might have. What is your color/thickness ect?
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 9:32am
when I find my camera, I'll post pictures - my color is light to medium brown (with a hint of grey in the roots and red from years of bad dye jobs on the ends Embarrassed)  my hair is thick and heavy - but (most days) I love it!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2007 at 10:43am
It sounds very lovely. My hair is also heavy, but I would rather have it the way it is than any other way. I love naturally colored hair. I don't color my hair anymore, either,( up until 5 years ago, I did, so I may have some color on the ends but it matches my own so its hard to tell) and am getting  gray right above my right eye, no where else.My great-grandma grayed like this also. My husband says I am going to look like Rouge from the ex-men!LOLI love it and hope it continues in this way.I do have one grey strand that goes past my shoulders. So I know my natural color goes at least to my BSl.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 10:25am
I was at a family party over the weekend and my cousin asked me if I had extentions in.  I was actually excited to look at her and tell her no!! 

my mom has a hard time understanding why I want my hair so long.  I was talking to my sister about it and she reminded me that we never had long hair when we were growing up.  the longest I think either one of us had it was maybe to the shoulders

I am so excited to watch my hair grow.  I measured how long my goal is and it is 35 - 36', depending on how I'm holding the tape measure.  so I am only 5' away from my goal and could be there in less then a year
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2007 at 11:11am
That is so exciting! What a good idea, to measure how far away you are from your goal. I think I will do this. I want to go to my tailbone.....

My mom dose not understand either. She is one that thinks you have to cut your hair after you get to a certain age. Although, she knows how important my hair is to me. She is the only one I trust to cut my hair because if anything, she undercuts what I tell her to do.

I never had long hair as a child either. I finally was allowed to grow it out in later elementary, and ended up getting head lice really bad. My hair is really thick and we could not get rid of it. So to make a long story short,the summer going into 8th grade, I got a super short hair cut. It was shaved in the back, and layered on the top. All I could think of was growing it out! It actually was cute on me, but in jr high, to have short hair?! Mabye this is whay I have such a thing about my hair.

Sorry for the long post, I guess I am in a talkative mood today.Tongue
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Lickalime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lickalime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2007 at 5:22pm
I'm new to this so it may not work.  I took a picture of my hair.  it's not the greatest picture cause I took it with my cell phone

~here goes nothing
I am at 32"
~goal length 36"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic