Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Hair Movies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erinlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 5:25am
Thanks David and Usi! Im glad Im not the only one who feels this way. Monica, i wasnt trying to start a debate. Just stateing my opinion. People can take from it what they will. The only time I think people should keep opinions to themselves is when they are trying to force that opinion on someone else or if they know someone is particulary sensitive to the subject and will be hurt. If no one ever expressed controversial ideas the world could become less knowledgeable and more intolerant. Anyways NOW im off track.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2003 at 10:56am
Olivia Hussey in the 1960s Romeo and Juliet film by Zepherelli. It's gorgeous. The film was amazing too. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Also the old Star Wars with Princess Leia's beautiful styles. The new ones are too fake and the hair looks like plastic.

I agree everyone who said that extensions aren't as inspiring as real hair, but doesn't it make you feel chuffed to know yours is/will be real?
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2003 at 3:25pm
Quote agree everyone who said that extensions aren't as inspiring as real hair, but doesn't it make you feel chuffed to know yours is/will be real?

Yes Yes Yes

Also, the natural variation in texture, type, colour you see in real hair is just not there is the fake stuff.
Even the "real" hair extensions that I've seen and touched are too uniform.

Of course, as far as fake hair in movies goes, you never get up close and touchy so the distant vision of naturally abundant long locks is part of the fantasy.

As an aside, I think it would be awful if you were an actor with long hair that you wanted to keep and had to cut it off for a role.
Heck, I wonder how often that has happened...?
Uzi

hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2003 at 6:45am
Actually _ To correct whoever posted about Demi. I am holding a hairstyle Magazine right this moment that describes the type of extensions she is wearing right now. I am totally in shock! I thought it was really hers. it looks so natural.

I lved practical magic
and Julia Stiles's hair in her earlier movies when it was long and wavy

Jacqui
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2003 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by hairalways hairalways wrote:

Actually _ To correct whoever posted about Demi. I am holding a hairstyle Magazine right this moment that describes the type of extensions she is wearing right now. I am totally in shock! I thought it was really hers. it looks so natural.

I lved practical magic
and Julia Stiles's hair in her earlier movies when it was long and wavy

Jacqui
what? demi is wear extentions now? are you sure the magazine didn't make a mistake?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2003 at 7:18pm
There is absolutely no question that Demi's hair is all natural. No extensions!

Perhaps the providers/installers of extensions want you to believe that that fabulous hair of hers is fake as a means to drum up business for salons that install extensions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic