Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Beware public transport..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 9:02am
Uzi,

Your car door observation reminded me of another one. I close my hair in the automatic car window quite often! One feels very foolish doing that, though usually nobody else notices :)

xoxoxoxox
[/url]

Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 11:44am
My hair doesn't get stuck in things too often. However, in an elevator in my building, there is a sign screwed to the wall, and sometimes I absentmindedly lean back on it (I'm on the top floor so it's a long ride), and a few strands will get stuck to a screw. Also, when I used to carry a backpack, my hair would sometimes get stuck under the shoulder straps, but now I carry a messenger bag and that's not as much of a problem.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
Lalaithial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lalaithial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 3:47pm
So sorry about what happened to You Uzma. I think I pretty much share the sentiments of everyone who's already posted. I'm glad I haven't run into that problem yet. Usually people I know ask if they can brush my hair if they see me combing it at school or something and as long as their gentle I don't have a problem with it.

As for the hair-getting-in-the-way problem, My hair is naturally kinda wild and I have to be real careful when it's windy. It gets all over people even if I try to pull it back. The best thing to do at times like that is braid it or bun it and forget it.
My biggest problem is and always will be those dang chairs with screws in them. That and children with sticky little fingers. :)
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 6:20pm
I agree about the screws! OUCH

Uzi, that's really terrible. Was the bus packed? I always sit on the side-ward seat behind the driver on the way to work, but I'm lucky that's only on Saturdays.

I read in a magazine a girls story about when a stranger cut off her long hair when he was sat behind her on a bus, so I'm ALWAYS wary now.
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some
Beatnik Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beatnik Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2003 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

Thank you for making me realise that I have to be more aware of where my hair is

I travel on buses just about every day, Uzi, and what you've said above applies there and to just about any other 'public' situation. Being *aware* of your extending tresses (and where they are) can solve a lot of potential problems (and keep them out of harm's way!).

Chris
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2003 at 6:43am
Quote nfys wrote:
I read in a magazine a girls story about when a stranger cut off her long hair when he was sat behind her on a bus, so I'm ALWAYS wary now.

Scary Scary Scary
Uzi

Cornczech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornczech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2004 at 6:15am
I have gone to clubs in Milwaukee, WI (they don't like Chicagoans very much, I guess...) and have actually WATCHED women turn their cigarrettes TOWARDS ME to try and catch my hair on fire....(my hair is to my waist) I ALWAYS wear my hair up to clubs now and am VERY aware of the people around me.......
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2004 at 7:00am
Cornczech - that's APPALLING. I am not sure, but I am pretty sure that I would have turned the g$%#d*&( thing around and tried to burn one of them back! I just don't get the inner evil that exists in people.

jacqui
Kintaro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2004 at 10:42pm
So far, I haven't been nailed in Montreal by any crimes against capillarity.

Once though, I thought the guy behind me had his back on my hair, every time i tried to get up, i felt a tug.

Turned out it was me. o_O
I hate all of the following and lots more : Fundamentalists, racists, sexists, fascists, ageists (people saying seniors = senile , kids = stupid , 18 = immature or a combo of them), and bigots for causes yet to receive their own designation.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2004 at 8:31pm
Hi Cornczech,

Welcome to the long hair party! er, the long hair gang... er, the long hair group.

I share Jacqui's disgust. Regarding the nasties at the club, I don't think it has anything to do with Milwaukee vs Chicago. A certain 5-letter word beginning with "b" comes to mind. Their hearts are filled with envy.

I've heard of horror stories involving buses (and bus benches) and movie theaters. As Chris says, never take the safety of your hair for granted. Sad but true.
Country Gal View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Country Gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2004 at 9:43pm
The worst thing that has happned to me is today I was at the mall with a big group of people including my younger sister (she's only 3 years younger than me and we are best friends) Some one tripped her and she fell forward and reached for the nearest thing to stop her from falling. That nearest thing turned out to be my pony tail. Let's just say OUCH. Fortunatly she didn't rip out any hair (I'm still not sure how she didn't)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2004 at 7:36pm
OUCH!

Country Girl, Your pain was her gain. Had you not had long hair, and in a ponytail, she might have broken a bone. Lucky for her you have long hair.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic