Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extension - Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2009 at 10:36pm
yes 2 grand is steep-
i am located in so cal
the locs like any method can be harmful if NOT applied by a seasoned pro-

the stylists i know in nyc is charlene 
cybermane.com

Bringing beauty, one head at a time...
disasterbarbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 9:39am
Hey Karissa,

How are you? I'm so angry! Pam from the school wrote me back.. briefly. All she said was "We aren't planning on offering this course anytime soon". BLAH!! So annoying.

I have to talk to the state because this is so crazy. I'm going to fight it, it's just not fair.

Any more word from Christina? Have you decided what you're going to do?
Karissa717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karissa717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 9:55am
hey you - was wondering where you were.  I actually called the state, but was on hold for way to long.  I'm going to call again today.  I'm sure there is information they can provide.  Its impossible for this to exist, yet no course out there.  Makes no sense to me!!

Well I decided not to get my hair done by her.  The $2K was to high, plus her installs on the website didnt impress me to much.  And not to mention her website which mimics someone else's.  And of course the attitude lol.  If you read the previous posts, Tangles mentioned cybermane.com.  I actually came across this website a few days ago and she seems like she does excellent work.  I may hold off on the extensions for a little while.  I'm thinking because of the recession, maybe its best to save money aside ya know.  I might get some clip ons though the D Lux or Bohyme from that website you gave me.  What else is going on with you?  Any plans for the weekend?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 11:12am

Ah, sorry! I've just been busy with work. I went to the beach last weekend. So happy that it was finally nice out!!

Oh ok, cool. Let me know if you hear anything! I hate being kept on hold for so long. It's like they just forget you're there. At my office if someone is on hold for more than a minute the phone will not stop beeping, lol!

I think you made the right choice. Her installs didn't impress me either. She seems like she was a little over confident in her not so great work. I've heard of cybermane.com before. I wanted them to install my micro-links awhile back but I remember the price being really expensive as well. Maybe it has changed though? Or maybe I'm just wrong all together lol!

Get the d-lux!! I love love love love it. And if you ever have any problems, yourhairshop is always friendly. They don't offer refunds due to the nature of the product but I'm sure they would help you find something else if it didn't work for you.

I'm going to my boyfriends mothers house in CT this weekend. We're going to just hang around have a bbq and watch the fireworks at the beach on Saturday. We're going to drive down Friday night to hopefully avoid some traffic. What about you?

Karissa717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karissa717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 11:38am
Yea I figured you were busy.  I was going to give you till next week and then bug ya again hahahaha!

I'm going to give them a call again later if I have time.  The end of June and July 1st is one of the busiest months of the year so I may not be able to call but we'll see.

Well with cybermane - were you looking to get the work done in NY?  From my understanding her other locations are a lot cheaper.  Its all because obviously in NY - rent and expenses are a lot higher so they have to charge more for services.  I looked at the menu and some prices and they were definitely expensive, but who knows.  I'm going to give them a call and see what they say that way I know when to get the service done.  I believe someone who I spoke to on Indeed is getting their hair done by Christina, I hope to hear their review soon!  I will keep you posted.

I'll try the d-Lux then - I'll make my own clips!  My ends are so bad on my hair and I really need to cut them but I dont want to LOL - my hair is getting long already! 

That sounds like fun!  What beach do you go to?  I'm suppose to go out to CT myself.  Don't know where yet but my friend mentioned that there is a shore out there that is suppose to be pretty nice. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2009 at 2:05pm
lolololol :).

I'll try to call maybe when I have a day off. Otherwise I'm at work probabaly when they're around.. 9-5. Lame!

Yeah, it would've been in NYC. Where did you find a price chart? Can you link me to it please? What's indeed? That's good if she is getting her hair done by hair. You'll be able to get some feedback.

When I'm in NY I go to Riis Park beach. It's near breezy point or maybe it's considered breezy point, I'm not 100% sure. CT has some great beaches! My boyfriends moms home is just a short walk to the beach. It's beautiful! I'm so jealous, lol!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote disasterbarbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 12:55pm
Hey Karissa

I'm going to PM you my cell #. It will be easier to keep in touch through text messages especially if one of us hears anything!

Annvictoriahans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annvictoriahans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2010 at 3:11pm
Christina is a fraud.
First NO hair lasts "forever" as she claims.
Virgin hair means it has never ever been processed and the colors are natural and there is no natural 613 so great that you blew up her spot on that.

I know three women who went to her and their hair slipped out in two weeks.

It's easy to see the pics, but it's the long haul that counts.
Personally I've spent $2,000 this year on five installers and each one of them fell out in two weeks.
I started doing my own but I can only do the front, and NONE of mine fell out.
Remy Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remy Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 3:12am
Non Virgin hair will tangle and matte and use clip ins to give your hair a breather. Dont worry too much, Im sure your hair will get a chance to grow Smile
Love everything to do with Virgin Remy Indian hair…hair extensions, wigs & hair care products.Follow my journey at my blog http://bestvirginremyhair.blogspot.com where I give my reviews & suggestions
KimberlyWat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KimberlyWat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 10 2012 at 4:01pm
Girl, you need clip in hair extensions.

Edited by Administrator - July 02 2012 at 4:59pm
lovedana16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 3:53pm
Ok so I did not finish reading y'alls whole conversation, but got to the part where someone said the hair install would be 1000 and they would have to put 1000 down.   Well I was wearing clip ins, and after continual wearing (not taking out at night), I started getting a little traction alopecia and after ALOT of research I decided to try micro rings... I bought them and got my boyfriend (with NO hair experience ) to install them for me... i LOVE them, I just watched a lot of youtube video''s and bought I-tip hair. Love how I can put my hair in pony-tails so easily and stuff. Maybe y'all want to give this a try. I have had NO damage with this method and My hair is thin. For me I liked the "screw" type micro rings better than the ones with silicone, and the longer cylinder ones were DEF not for my hair... with thoseI notice the hair holding the extension was very getting thin (breaking), luckily I only had samples of those and only had like 8 of those in my head.. but for the cost, compared to how much they are trying to charge you, it is so worth a shot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic