Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKIT UPDATES!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
bulzeyelou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 4:31pm
oh i see.....well anyways i'll use the kit sometime today and post some pics
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by JiggaMan JiggaMan wrote:

yo cedclark, can i wash my hair???...it don't stink or anything and I didn't wash it since using the kit and I don't wanna wash it (i'm not dirty LOL but i think it looks better than before and don't wanna mess it up) My sister goes to the salon once a week and that's when she gets it washed so I'm guessing this kit is basically a perm so should I do like her and wash once/week?

yes you can wash your hair as often as you like
JiggaMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 6:49pm
ced when your hair grew back was it nappy and the "kitted" hair mixed??? And about how long did it take for it to come back to normal?
Official Dream Team Member
Dream Team Website

"DatYoungStar"...going to Hollywood and bringing Brooklyn along son
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 6:59pm
when i got my hair cut after the kit my hair was back to normal
JiggaMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JiggaMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 7:12pm
was it spinning more than before the kit??
Official Dream Team Member
Dream Team Website

"DatYoungStar"...going to Hollywood and bringing Brooklyn along son
cedclark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cedclark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 7:36pm
the waves looked the same i got a better affect using spiritz
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 9:28pm
dang i'm late

Your hair will grow out the normal way it always grow. Yes a texturizer is basically a perm and from what I was told you leave a Texturizer on for five minutes not 10. Now if you don't want your hair to grow its natural texture you can't do nothing about it but you will have to get touch ups on the regular to keep the look you have now.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 8:51am
iight i got the kit done.....nothing special.....my hair doesnt even look "kitted up".....lol afterwards i read the box and it says it gives you "natural looking" waves and curls.....right now my hair is really black and shiny but not bone straight or extra glossy like other kits make your hair look.....this duke kit kept my original curls and pattern, but made my hair softer and more managable.......i would post pics but my server is down for a few hours for "technical maintenance"......
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 12:08pm
Perms/ texturixers are not suppose to make your hair bone straight the reasons why girls hair look so straight is because the use of heat on it. When their hair is wet it gets somewhat wavey or curly.

I thought you used a texturizer that would not make your hair straight anyways unless you left it on too long.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

D double E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D double E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Perms/ texturixers are not suppose to make your hair bone straight the reasons why girls hair look so straight is because the use of heat on it. When their hair is wet it gets somewhat wavey or curly.

I thought you used a texturizer that would not make your hair straight anyways unless you left it on too long.
don't mens kit just extend waves and womens kit just straigthen.
i've used before an thats what happened.
Keep on brushing
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2004 at 2:21pm
Any kind of texturizers women use the same as men, loosen the the curls

Perms do not straighten they are not suppose to make your hair bone straight. If you have a perm and your hair is bone straight when you wet it then you have basically killed your hair, overprocessed it. If your hair gets wavy when wet and you have a perm than you did not over process it. The way women get the straight look is by permin which loosesn the curls and then using heat and products to get it super straight.

You can use a perm the same as a texturizer, just leave the perm in for 2 or 5 minutes and it will look like a texturizer.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 10:43pm
mayne i finally got my ish updated.....just click the link to My Waves to see them.....lol i'm thinking bout cuttin this kit hair off cuz i put the kit in when it was too long.....i like the effect that jigga got tho....hrm, yall think if i reapply the kit if would mess me up?? I'm bout to go to good ol brushin.....
Twista View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by bulzeyelou bulzeyelou wrote:

mayne i finally got my ish updated.....just click the link to My Waves to see them.....lol i'm thinking bout cuttin this kit hair off cuz i put the kit in when it was too long.....i like the effect that jigga got tho....hrm, yall think if i reapply the kit if would mess me up?? I'm bout to go to good ol brushin.....

yes it wud**** up yo hair! u cant put in a kit so quick or yo ish might fall off or get hard and dry and look very f'd up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulzeyelou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2004 at 10:51pm
LOL!! well i'll prolly tomorrow morning i'll cut my hair in da mirror....i dont like the length of it right now cuz its hard to manage.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic