Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To Sophie, LiliBeach, stylists and anyone else helpful
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

To Sophie, LiliBeach, stylists and anyone else helpful

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Sophie, LiliBeach, stylists and anyone else helpful
    Posted: July 02 2003 at 8:52am
I am looking for a product a stylist used on my hair 4-5 years ago. I have no idea what it was except that it came in a deoderant-like dispenser. It was semi-solid, probably a silicone base from what I remember. She ran it over my hair and it calmed the frizz immediately. I would really like to find this product again. Any help?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
CarrieM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CarrieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 9:24am
I think you're talking about the Aveda product Custom Control, it is in a deodorant-stick type of packaging and is meant to be used exactly as you described.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 11:48am
No way, I liked an AVEDA product?!?! I never thought I'd touch that overpriced, pseudo-natural line with a ten-foot brush! I actually might now; the stuff really worked. Does anyone know of a similar product?
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 1:41pm
never thought I'd touch that overpriced, pseudo-natural line with a ten-foot brush

You pulled those words out of my mind.....
Uzi

SuperGrover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperGrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Lyris Lyris wrote:

No way, I liked an AVEDA product?!?! I never thought I'd touch that overpriced, pseudo-natural line with a ten-foot brush! I actually might now; the stuff really worked. Does anyone know of a similar product?

Rolling On The Floor Laughing!

BTW, I like your new icon!
"Hair is a part of you. It is not a part of me, because I am a frog." - Kermit the Frog on Sesame Street1b/N/ii ~ ??"/27"/32"
LiliBeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiliBeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 9:32pm
I think she is right. That does sound like an Aveda product. I cannot thinkof any other that does that.

Beautiful icon!!!

Maybe when I figure out how to scan my picture you can see what this mysterious Lili looks like.
I am a professional Hairstylist/Haircolorist with 19 years experience. I have traveled all over the country for my advanced education. I am also a salon owner.:)........and I LOVE Redken!!!
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2003 at 10:21pm
Thanks--glad you like my heavily photoshopped icon :-) And YES, we definitely want to see the face of Lili! I doth say it is a sight to behold!

I'm talking in Old English or something. Must be time for bed. G'night!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic