Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

short hairstyle help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
princesshehe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princesshehe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: short hairstyle help!
    Posted: April 22 2004 at 2:54am
Hello...I am a bigger girl with blonde hair and I recieved a bad haircut.I want to go shorter to fix it.But I need a opinion since I heard that short hair on bigger girls makes us look bigger.the hair from my face to the back of my ear is cut level with the bottom of my ear.the back of my hair goes just below my shoulders.I was wondering if anyone can give me any ideas on how to cut it that is low maintence since i am curling iron retarded.any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
heather
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2004 at 7:54am
not true
cut it to the level hair at your ear
all around then have the girl taper the back
a tapered bob
very cute
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 5:02am
I don't think the length of one's hair makes that big a difference in how big her body looks. If you're a big girl, people are going to know you're big, whether your hair is above the ears or below the waist. *shrugs* Just get the style that makes you happy, and wear it with confidence, and that in itself will make a pretty aura around you, no matter your size.
More awesome than a manatee!
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2004 at 9:57am
I am a "big girl" and I often feel that if my hair is short and flat that I look like a pin head. If you can puff up the top and back just a bit that helps a lot.
"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
HOTSAUCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTSAUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2004 at 5:58pm
Yeah I agree with Kuroneko because theres no rule to how short your hair should be just as long as you love it and feel great in it,then thats all that matters.
ballet dancer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballet dancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2004 at 11:29am
Yes just go for what you like, I've had different lengths and all worked. I'm a larger sized person, I think its more in your confidence how you carry off the style and you features.
Go for it change is good. :)
Ricci View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 4:22pm
The first part of the answer you are seeking is another question. How short is short? If you mean something that is moderately short, such as a short angled bob with the back tapered very close - no problem, you still have hair around your face. On the other hand, if you are thinking of something like a very close cropped cut (like a pixie), you might want to think twice.

The key is that when hair is very short with little or none around your face, then it will emphasize your facial features, for better or worse.

One other thing to consider is whether you are being fair your assessment of yourself. You see that you are "big" That may or may not be reflected in your facial features.

Here is my real advice - try some computer imaging. There are many services available on the web. See what you think and ask some friends. Also, get the advice of your hairdresser. Regardless of your features, if short is what you want, there will be a style that will be flattering and that you like.
Chuck View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 5:30pm
Ricci is right. Size does not preclude a short haircut. My wife is a good example. While she is heavier than she ought to be, she has great, thick, straight blond hair. Since we've been married, she has tended to favor medium to long hair. However, for the last four years, she has been wearing it in a angled bob. She started out with it approximately chin lenght, with only a slight angle. However, over time, she went shorter and shorter. The shortest was last summer when the sides just barely coverd the tops of her ears. Then she let it grow over the winter. Right now, just the bottom tips of her ears show, however, the back is very short - stacked just above the nape. The entire nape is clippered very close. The front reaches to the corners of her mouth. It looks great as it is. However, it looked at least as good when the sides were shorter.

She has also talked about trying a different, shorter style this summer. If she gets serious about it, we will probably resort to computer imaging like Ricci suggested. That's what we did before her current style.

Good luck.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2004 at 8:08pm
Folks, FYI and FWIW... These posts are originating from one location.

Chuck = Ricci = snipfred = ohmandy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic