Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sleeping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sleeping
    Posted: October 19 2004 at 12:57pm
hi. my name is emilee.

i have been growing my hair out for almost 3years now. it is finally down to my bra clasp. i love it. it just cant seem to get long enough. ive wanted long long hair for so long now but i never could stick with it... i'm so glad that im finally sticking to it this time. it hasnt been this long in 9years..

but im having difficultly at night. i can't seem to
find a good way to wear it. sometimes ill wear
one braid but that doesnt always work, it just
falls out of the braid from not being done tight
enough or it makes my hair way too curly the
next day. ponytails dont really work either.. they
just fall out & make more knots. i want to treat
my hair the best way possibly while its growing,
im just not liking this whole sleeping thing.. then
my husband rolls on it when it's down.. you know how it is..

any advice?
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 1:38pm
Some women sleep with theirs down, hanging draped above them over the head of the mattress (that's what I used to do when mine was longer. I also used to do braids held in place with those terrycloth ponytail holders you can buy in drug stores). Some even put a soft and slippery cloth over the head of the mattress so it can slip around without knotting. Some put their hair in a bun on top of their head (I found that too uncomfortable). Some make night caps with a satin inside to wear with their hair inside it. Many buy satin pillowcases for maximum slippage.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 1:53pm
thanks! ill try one of those tonight..
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2004 at 5:46pm
Hi Emilee,

I don't have anything to add to Susan's excellent suggestions but I just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome!
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 6:20am
hi! dave is it?
you have AMAZING hair..
i love it. i think i might
reach that length some
day. aah.. i can't wait!
thanks for the welcome!
kittykatgirl20044 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kittykatgirl20044 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 8:04am
Hi Em:

I sleep with it lose and draped down. This seems to work best for me. Long hair takes more work, but its worth the time and trouble. I love it.

Susan
Thank you

Susan
Credence View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Credence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 8:31am
Hi Emilee and welcome to the board.
My hair is a little longer than yours and I find
sleeping with my hair draped over my shoulders
works best for me. I just want to say that I think
you are a very beautiful woman, you have a
great smile and lovely hair. Best of luck in growing
long, beautiful locks Emilee.

Warm regards
Sean
deltagirl12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 9:15am
Hi:

I have to agree. Having it drapped down is the best way.

Susan
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 11:36am
draped over your shoulders?
so you mean just wearing it down?
or over the back of your bed?
i'm confused!

thanks for the welcomes & compliments!

i feel so welcomed (:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 1:00pm
Hi:

I guess it depends on how you sleep. If you sleep on your back then drap it over the back of the bed. If you are like me and sleep on your side most of the time. Pull it up and around your neck so it rests on your neck and shoulders.

Let us know how you make out.
Susan
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 2:44pm
that is how i usually sleep anyway,
i pull it to one side around my neck,
i just move alot sometimes & it gets
in knots.. i guess i just have to be
more conscience of it.. !
thanks for your help...
how long is your hair anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 3:33pm
Hi Emilee:

Its really nice meeting and chatting with you on line like this. My hair is past my shoulders. Its around the middle of my breast's. I have been growing it out for a few years now. I love it. It takes some work, but worth the time.

Susan
Susan
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 5:07pm
well it looks like it is beautiful!
how long do you hope to get it?
aah long hair is so beautiful..
i'm starting to appreciate it more
& more.. (:

i'm enjoying talking to you
online like this as well!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 5:33pm
Thank you emilee, for your very kind words. If I can do it, anybody can. I'm just a guy, what do I know about hair?

Greetings to Susan (kittykatgirl) and deltagirl! You are both lovely women with gorgeous hair.

Er, sorry to butt back into the conversation. Please, proceed with your chat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 6:46pm
Hi Emilee:

I think I have reached the perfect length for me. At this time all I will do is keep it trimmed, styled, and make sure I get no split ends.

How about you ? How long do you plan on growing it out ? I think it looks beautiful now. Do you plan on a special cut for it ?

Susan
Susan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2004 at 6:47pm
Hi Dave:

Thank you for the warm welcome. Its nice to be here and make new friends.

Susan
Susan
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 11:35am
dave,
dont worry about butting! join in!
i wanted to say congrats on the "position"*edit* i mean the "role" that you got. the thread you started a little while ago, wouldnt let me reply, so yeah, congrats!

susan,
my plan is to grow it out for as long as i can take it. for as long as i keep taking care of it & dont get sick of it, i want it long. to my waist first.. then see how the care is going.. if i dont mind it all that much i might try for even longer, but my husband isnt too hot on long long hair, so we'll see.. maybe i can sway him over (:

my hair is actually quite a bit longer then it is in that picture. that picture was taken at the beginning of this summer so it's grown a few inches, but i'm really enjoying this long hair.. i had it really short for so long.. ive probably had every short hair style there is, but long hair i think is the most becoming on me. i kindah cut some bangs to go to the side yesterday.. i dont like the way i look with no bangs at all, so im keeping some hair shorter around my face.. ill just always have fun with those hairs & then let the rest just grow grow grow! (:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltagirl12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 12:25pm
Hey Emilee:

I think with your face and features you would look great with a style that framed your face, and had bangs. You have the look for it.

Have you thought about adding highlites to your hair at all. I was thinking along those lines myself.

Susan
Susan
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 1:50pm
Hi Emily & DeltaGirl. You both have lovely hair.

My hair is just past my waist. I grew my bangs out a few years ago. They were just too choppy -- too much contrast between the short bangs and long hair length.

Lately, though, the weight of my hair was pulling it away from my face so much. I hated how bare my forehead looked -- especially when I put my hair up. I got it cut two days ago. It's still really long, but I got some face-framing layers. The stylist razored it and continued the angle so it blends in beautifully with the length -- no obvious layers that will look weird when it grows. He also cut a few little strands of wispy bangs that I can leave loose or brush to the side. It really softens my face. I think this is a great option if you don't like how you look without bangs.

P.S. On the sleeping question -- I hang upside down in my closet when I sleep. That way, my hair doesn't get tangled and I get some lift at the roots. I recommend it.

(Just kidding).

P.P.S. kittykatgirl20044 -- I just scrolled up and saw your photo. I didn't mean to leave you out -- your hair is beautiful too. Welcome.
My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
emilee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emilee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2004 at 3:17pm
ive had my hair so many colors and had highlights before & it's just.. well, i'm tired of them (: i'm finally getting my hair back to it's natural color after many years of dying it so i dont think i'm ready for highlights just yet. i have used henna on my hair (which is amazing) to enhance my reddish highlights which is beautiful, but as for now.. im embracing my natural color (: do you dye your hair much susan? of have you?

i love having some sortof hair around my face, it's just more.. i dont know.."me" i guess.. i think that i might consider doing more wispy layers as its growing out too.. good ideas..

i didnt catch this last girls name that commented.. but thanks for joining our conversation! you seem to have very BEAUTIFUL hair & i am rather jealous, you can't tell from the black & white pictures.. what is your hair color exactly? have you always had it pretty long? it's fabulous.. & for a second there, i thought that you werent kidding about hanging in your closet! haha.. i'm not usually gullable like that (: but you just never know.. some people are pretty weird!

aaah... this is so much to talk about hair with girls that appreciate it (:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic