Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fine hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tinna View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fine hair!
    Posted: September 03 2004 at 11:53am
i have really fine hair, and i recently got it layered and feathered. it looked really different 4 a while but now i'm so fed up wif it. i want a different look bt my mum wont let me do anyfin 2 drastic! its brown and just past my shoulders. plz help i need a dif. look!

tinna xx
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2004 at 6:46pm
I see.. that's the downside to having silky fine hair.. little volume, right? Well one thing you can do if you're bored.. is accessorize!! Hunt down some hair friendly headbands and clippies, butterflies, flowers, etc... cutesy stuff from Claires and Afterthoughts. It'll keep you un-bored for awhile until your hair is long enough to modify again. Your hair sounds gorgeous by the way.

Hugs, Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
melissa2 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melissa2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2004 at 5:15pm
hey tinna!
short hair cuts can make hair thicker or at least look like it! u cud try a layerd short cut with mayb a side fringe or bangs if u want sumthing different. Straight bangs and wavy hair can look very nice! wel let me know if u get it cut different and how it turns out??
luv melissa
phd4ulee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phd4ulee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2004 at 3:13pm
We hairdressers often joke about this by calling it Fine Hair Syndrome. The only solution I am aware of is the shorter you go, the more body you will have, the better it will look. Sorry to be the bearer of the news! Let me know if you need any ideas.

Lee - PHD4U
Hair today snipped tomorrow.
http://www.phd4u.com
Precision Hair Design for You
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2004 at 12:47am
That is true. Short hair has more volume and texture.

When Alanis Morrisette cut her knee length hair, she unleased an onset of waves.

I always suggest texture to spice things up. With hair friendly rollers or pin curls. A friend had braid waves in her hair for a week and it was welcome change.

x_xxx_amy_xxx_x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x_xxx_amy_xxx_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2004 at 12:14pm
Hiya.
I wish i had ur fine hair, cos thick is annoying and unruly - u r very lucky! the feathering sounds nice but if u wanted sumthing different, y not loose cornrows down 1 side? About 5 would look nice. Quite a few girls @ my school have that, and it looks really good (though i'm not skilled enough 2 do it myself). i spose u could have it done in a hairdressers, tho. If it's done in a loose way that doesnt damage hair, and u can take it out after a few days, thats best. hope that helps!
~--~--~--~--~
Snow Patrol
~--~--~--~--~
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2004 at 11:59am
Layering fine hair makes it look thinner. Blunt cutting of fine hair makes it look thicker, whatever length you choose - short, medium, or long.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic