Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vitamin D??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LySsa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LySsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vitamin D??
    Posted: September 09 2004 at 3:16pm
I BougHt soMe VitaMin D thE oThER dAy Is thAT GooD For HAIr GroWth ??
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 3:25pm
Not sure about the vitamins but I do have a question for you... and I'm not picking on you...why do teenagers type that way?
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2004 at 11:12pm
Hm... good question Hal. I'm technically not a teen so I can't answer that. but Vitamin D.. instead of that, you should invest in a multivitamin. That way you can cover all your bases Lyssa.

Anais
LySSa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LySSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2004 at 2:22pm
?? i said vitamin D because vitamin D helps your hair grow faster , if you go to a sunny country for a holiday your hair grows faster because the sun is providing your hair with lots of Vitamin D , wat do you mean about writing like that ??? LIkE thIS ??
LySsa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LySsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2004 at 2:24pm
ohh yeah i bought vitamin D beucase i already have multivitamins.

how old are you lot anyway this subject is called teen hair so if your not a teen why are you on this subject ( not getting rude or anything )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2004 at 2:50pm
My age still has the word teen in it. But I'm a 3rd year college student so it's a little different for me, being on these boards with you folk. I just like to help around here--this Teen board needs it. Non-teen members go in here too so I don't see why this is strange.
my LJ, 40 inches long
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 3:49am
I know vitamin D helps you absorb calcium better, that's why they put it in milk and stuff :-) . Whether it helps out hair growth or not, I have no idea. I've heard kelp and seaweed helps hair growth, and if you don't like the taste of it you can get it in supplements. And I know a lot of long-hairs swear by biotin, but it's almost five in the morning here, so I can't for the life of me remember what exactly it does. *sweatdrop*
I'm far from teen-aged (28 :-P ), but I have a youthful spirit, if that counts for anything :-) .
More awesome than a manatee!
LySSa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LySSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 4:42am
i dont think it is starnge for people who are not teens to be in this conversation, i was just saying that i was speaking that way becuase i thought that there were lots of teens in this converstaion, i wasent trying to be rude!! i searched on google about hir growth because the stupid hairdresser cut my hair too short and it was my aunties wedding the next week so i tried to make my hair grow as fast as i could ( i know its stupid but...) and it said that the sun makes your hair grow faster becuase it gives your hair a lot of vitamin D so i just though i would try it , the hair vitamins i bought have biotin and a lot more things in it to make hair grow which it has worked a lot becuase my hair was above my shoulders and now it is below so it was quit good even if it cost $21 have you got any ideas to make it grow faster becuase i need it long for the december party that my friends havin
thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 11:40am
There are lots of tips out there for long hair care, but here are some basics to keep in mind:

(1) Keep it simple and keep it gentle: treat your hair gently. That includes the way you shampoo, condition, comb, and all hair toys must be hair-friendly. I could go on forever about the different aspects.. but they're mostly commonsense. Choose gentle products, keep your hair moisturized with a conditioner that your hair likes, protect hair from chlorine (use swim cap) and salt water, too much sun exposure (UV radiation does break down hair protein), etc....

(2) Eat right, take vitamins (The one you bought sounds wonderful! Biotin gives many people great results), and drink lots of water.

(3) Don't stress out about your hair growth. For example, I'm hiding my tape measure for a few months. and trying to focus on other things.

Hugs and Happy Growing,
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
LySSa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LySSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 9:50am
ohh thank you i ll do what you said and see if it does anything! thanks Xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2004 at 1:26pm
Well Lyssa, don't get your hopes up too high. Do keep in mind that hair only grows 6 inches a year (1/2 inch per month). Do keep in mind also, that summertime is when hair grows the fastest. Because it's changing seasons, your hair will be slowing down in the next several months.

But time will pass faster than you realize.

Hugs,
Anais
LySsA View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LySsA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2004 at 2:20pm
ok, i will keep that in mind, i am now eating a lot of salad and vegitables, and it is kind of working my hair has grown a bit !!!
Thanks
XxX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 1:14am
Hi Lyssa,

Happy to hear your hair is growing. Here are some growth sprinkles for you ::glitter glitter::
Oh, and don't forget lots of protein.. hair is made of protein.

How long is your hair? What's your hair goal?

Hugs,
Anais
LySSa View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LySSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 9:51am
hi
my hair is up to my shoulder and my hair goal is around the middle of my back

i now have my hair up a lot and i have stopped starightening it and that has worked a lot!! it has grown about an inch in septemeber so i think all the greens, hair vitamins and stuff is working a lot
XxX
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic