Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What should I do to get straight hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Feather View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What should I do to get straight hair?
    Posted: February 08 2005 at 9:04pm
I really, really, really, really, want straight hair. My curls are buggin me. My mom wants me to get chemical hair straightening, but I wanted to get some oppinions before I do that. I'm not sure what I should try. If you can help me out I would be happy. Thanks!

-Feather
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 4:16pm
You'd have to be prepared to keep doing it over and over again long term. It's expensive to maintain. It's up to 300 dollars a shot depending on your hair length. And chemical relaxing ALWAYS leaves damage of some kind. Oftentimes it will turn the curl into frizz.

Let's just say... the grass is always greener on the other side.

LOVE YOUR CURLS, sweetie! If you click on my siggy link and go to Medusa's Lair, then Cleansing Methods, there's hairwashing methods called "CO" or "CWC" that were especially invented for curly hair.

here's a photo of really pretty curly hair
http://www.hair57.com/color/blonde/index.php3?rep=blonde_hair

Good luck
Anais
my LJ, 40 inches long
Innamorata594 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Innamorata594 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:21pm
I second what she just said. maintainance sucks!...& then when you want to go back to your curls(And it will happen eventually)--your going to have to wait while your hair awkwardly grows allll the way back out..another thing is that many curly haired people find that any time their roots start growing out even a little, the curls lift the hair n results in kinky curly roots while the rest is straight. It does damage your hair as well and if your hair is thick/course-it will just make your hair less curly and more poofy.
Sara
Feather View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2005 at 5:31pm
Thanks you guys! I appreciate the advice. I've decided I'm gonna go and get my hair done on Tuesday. (Feb. 15) People tell me I'll want my curls back after 2 months so I'm sure I won't keep going back to get it redone. I had a picture of me takin' at the dance I had last Friday (Feb. 11) with my curls, so once that gets developed I'll be able to see my curls and my hair as it will be straightened.

-Feather
foxychik87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxychik87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2005 at 3:46pm
I think you should do whatever you wanna do, just don't do something you'll completely regret (like I did when I got my hair permed, I wanted my naturally straight hair back). My hair's not perfectly straight though, it's got a little bend in it, but that'd only if I let it naturally dry. Straight hair is actually starting to go out of style, and the big 80's hair is almost starting to come back actually, I know, cool. But I mean you can do whatever you want.
Jessica
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic