Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - monotonous yellow head w/ black stripe down it. HELP!!!!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

monotonous yellow head w/ black stripe down it. HELP!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pink girl w/ hair problem View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pink girl w/ hair problem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: monotonous yellow head w/ black stripe down it. HELP!!!!!!
    Posted: February 22 2005 at 5:24am
is any1 up 2 the challenge of helping me with my hair? my terrible, horrible hair...

well, the problem is that my hair is naturally dark blonde to light brown - mousy, if you will.
i used a natural kind of dye blonding spray on it for ages, because i fancied going totally blonde.

now though, i have yellow hair (i dont know if its that all the dye has built up or something), and a brown stripe going down the middle of it. I do touch up my roots when they need doing, about twice a month, but it doesnt totally work. I still always have this stripe down my head. When I first dyed it it looked lovely - all multi tonal and natural. But now its just one colour all over (excluding the stripe). And I'm not even exaggerating when I say its COMPLETELY YELLOW.

And, i have kind of cut this tuft of hair at the front, because it was about a centimetre and a half long, so i trimmed it into stubble. But it keeps growing back, and whether it is long or stubbly, it looks ridiculous and is always in the way.

Plus, a long long long time ago (couple of years) I had a fringe, and I grew it out, but some of the tendril things are at uneven levels on the front of my head.

Basically, my hair is a total mess. I never go to the hairdressers any more - I have my hair cut at home (just trimmed straight every so often). But now, I'm thinking that maybe I should go to the hairdressers and have it dyed a colour closer to my natural one - perhaps a honey or caramel kind of colour, and get this fringe sorted out.

What are your opinions on this? PLEASE, i would really really really like someone to reply to this desperate thread!!!!!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 7:36am
That "spray-in dye" product you're talking about is not a dye, it's a very harsh bleach for people who want to pretend they don't dye their hair.

What are you trying to do in the long run? Go back to natural hair? How long do you want it?

If you want to get your hair to a color close to your natural color, you will need to go to a stylist who specializes in fixing color mistakes. In fact, you should probably go there repeatedly, as your color probably will fade with time and need to be touched up.

There's nothing anybody can do about your fringe problem but you. You need to let it grow out and not cut it. It's going to take 4-6 months before it starts behaving again, but that's what happens when you try to grow out such short hair.

Alternatively you could let your hair grow out, trimming 1/2" from the bottom each month until you eventually trim off all the damaged part and you hair is all one length.

The last option is to wait until your hair has grown out a bit more and get all the damaged part cut off, starting fresh with a very short haircut and virgin hair.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
_xxx__absolutely_pink__xxx_ View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _xxx__absolutely_pink__xxx_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2005 at 7:57am
Thanks for your advice!
The Sun-In spray was definately a mistake, even though it looked so nice at first...
I will definately try to grow out the triangle of stubble on the top of my head, but its going to be a long tedious process!
I'm just not sure about the whole dye thing. I might not want to go down that route again. But then a caramel kind of colour is fairly close to my natural one (mousy with a hint of red). Hmm, I think I need to think about this quite seriously!
Anyway, thanks.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _xxx__absolutely_pink__xxx_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2005 at 9:40am
come on, someone must b able 2 reply 2 this thread. theres been 45 views of it!
Pepsialltheway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsialltheway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 10:23pm
I used sun-in once. My advice is NEVER use the stuff. It destroyed my hair. I think that you should just let it grow out and wait for your natural hair to come back. That's what I'm in the process of doing right now. It's tedious you're right, but in the end will be worth it. Plus you sound like you have a really nice hair color. Just have patience. Oh yeah and use a few deep conditioning conditioners.
»¦«i DoNt ThiNk u UnDeRsTaNd»¦«
»¦«HoW HaRd iT iS 2 TaLk 2 u JuSt
As FriEnDs »¦«
»¦«i wAnNa TeLL u i LuV u BuT i
nEvEr cAn»¦«
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _xxx__absolutely_pink__xxx_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 4:03am
thanks for your advice.
i see your point about growing the blonde out, but my natural mousy colour isnt nice at all! Its like, grey. Oh well. Good luck in growing yours out as well!
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2005 at 9:18am
A good plan is to wait til you have 3" or so of your natural hair grown in, then get a cut and highlight/lowlights. That look can be very dramatic on dark ash blond hair.

I recommend choosing a salon carefully to make sure you get a good result.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic