Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHair Buns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gaby View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Buns
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:47am
Please tell me how to make buns!!! I know it is very easy. My hair is short!
Beth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
Making them IS easy. What I do is I start with a simple ponytail. Then I wrap the hair around and around the band. Then you can either use boby pins to make it stay or you can use a hair scrunchy and wrap it around the bun until it's tight. Hope this helps! -Beth
Paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
This is probably a dumb question to those that know, but what do you do with the loose end - I guess you tuck it in somewhere, but where - inside the coil, or under the bun - and how do you secure that, or can you use the scrunchie to do that as well.Paul> Making them IS easy. What I do is I start> with a simple ponytail. Then I wrap the hair around> and around the band. Then you can either use boby> pins to make it stay or you can use a hair scrunchy> and wrap it around the bun until it's tight. Hope> this helps! -Beth
Robin View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:49am
I usually stick the loose end up inside the coil of the bun. One very easy way to secure it is to use some sort of stick. You can get some nice looking accessories at a place like Claire's Boutique (They kind of look like chopsticks, only nicer), or if you're in hurry and don't really have anything else available, you can use a pencil (that was how I wore my hair half the time I was in college). Just poke it in one side, so that is goes down under the coil into the hair next your scalp, and then comes up and out on the other side, kind of like how you would stick a pin through fabric. I don't know how it works, but it does! ->[--]<-
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 1:50am
> I usually stick the loose end up inside the> coil of the bun. One very easy way to secure it> is to use some sort of stick. You can get some> nice looking accessories at a place like Claire's> Boutique (They kind of look like chopsticks, only> nicer), or if you're in hurry and don't really> have anything else available, you can use a pencil> (that was how I wore my hair half the time I was> in college). Just poke it in one side, so that> is goes down under the coil into the hair next> your scalp, and then comes up and out on the other> side, kind of like how you would stick a pin through> fabric. I don't know how it works, but it does!> ->[--]Dear Robin,I was wondering if you could tell me where Claire's Boutique is located, and do they have a phone number or website?Thanks!Lisa :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic