Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedwhat are they ???????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what are they ???????
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:02am
I recently colored my hair darker and I noticed that the tips of my hair are white. Are they split-ends? I had my hair trimmed before I colored, about 1/2 an inch. I thought that maybe they were the beginning of split-ends. Are they?
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:04am
> I recently colored my hair darker and I noticed that> the tips of my hair are white. Are they split-ends? I> had my hair trimmed before I colored, about 1/2 an> inch. I thought that maybe they were the beginning of> split-ends. Are they?I guess I have stumped everyone. I figured that at least Jade21 would have an idea what they were. HELP!!!
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:04am
Hi,k!I saw your post and was most puzzled. It sort of reminded me of the girls who said they had spakles in their hair naturally.Split ends is a good guess, but the problem with that is that you just had your ends trimmed. Also, I have never seen white ends as the start of splits.Are the white ends uniform throughout your hair or are they sporadic? I ask you this because is it possible that you could be losing pigment in your hair?If you can, tell me more.Bye for now,Jade21> I guess I have stumped everyone. I figured that at> least Jade21 would have an idea what they were.> HELP!!!
K View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:04am
>>>>>>>is it possible> that you could be losing pigment in your hair?Anything is possible with my hair. I thought that it was in fairly good condition, all i do is shampoo/cond. and use frizz ease. i never use any type of heat appliance in my hair. But, according to a friend of mine, my hair is split all the way up the hair shaft, so it's still possible that they are the beginning of split ends. They are here and there and everywhere in between! (ha ha) I just can't get my hair in good condition. I've down hot oil treatments, leave-in conditioners, etc..... as my wonderful sister-in-law once pointed out "you just have bad hair" I did color it, but i used the new Castings, which isn't a permenant hair color and I don't think damaging to hair. I'm about ready to shave it all off! What is really bad, is that I have already cut off about 6 inches and this is all "new" hair. I guess it just grows out already damaged! What can I do?> Jade21
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:04am
Hi, k.!It sounds like you have been having a time with your hair!Maybe, you should go to a reputable salon for a consultation. Just to check to see whether your hair is damaged from the start. That's kinda strange, eh? And your friend said she thought that your hair was just splitting all the way up the hair shaft? And it sounds like you have been so good to your hair.Sorry I couldn't be more help.Bye for now,Jade21is it possible> Anything is possible with my hair. I thought that it> was in fairly good condition, all i do is> shampoo/cond. and use frizz ease. i never use any type> of heat appliance in my hair. But, according to a> friend of mine, my hair is split all the way up the> hair shaft, so it's still possible that they are the> beginning of split ends. They are here and there and> everywhere in between! (ha ha) I just can't get my> hair in good condition. I've down hot oil treatments,> leave-in conditioners, etc..... as my wonderful> sister-in-law once pointed out "you just have bad> hair" I did color it, but i used the new> Castings, which isn't a permenant hair color and I> don't think damaging to hair. I'm about ready to shave> it all off! What is really bad, is that I have already> cut off about 6 inches and this is all "new"> hair. I guess it just grows out already damaged! What> can I do?
Regina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Regina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:04am
Hi, k.!I would reccomend taking some vitamins and eating better. It sounds like you need to better your hair from the inside out because you really aren't doing anything harmful to your hair as far as products go. Also if you're not drinking a lot of water I would start now. What happens is your body takes all of the nutrients from the food we eat and it distributes them to your vital organs first. Your hair and nails get what's left over, if there isnt and anything left over then your hair is under-nourished.I would go to a stylist too like Jade21 recommended.good luckRegina
wild orhcid salon san luis obispo
K View Drop Down

> Hi, k.!> I would reccomend taking some vitamins and eating> better. It sounds like you need to better your hair> from the inside out because you really aren't doing> anything harmful to your hair as far as products go.> Also if you're not drinking a lot of water I would> start now. What happens is your body takes all of the> nutrients from the food we eat and it distributes them> to your vital organs first. Your hair and nails get> what's left over, if there isnt and anything left over> then your hair is under-nourished.> I would go to a stylist too like Jade21 recommended.> good luck> ReginaHi again- I use to drink water all the time, but I ended up spending most of my time in the bathroom so I stopped.As far as vitamins go, I've never had much luck with them. I never really felt any better and everything was the same. I really don't think eating right has anything to do with it. There is this lady who's hair I admire, very long and healthy, and I pointed her out to a friend and she informed me that her diet consisted of junk food, cheap beer and drugs. But I guess with me and my horrible hair etc.. all that stuff does matter! I guess I'll go and start pouring the water and swallowing vitamins! HA HA Thanks again- K
Kelly F. View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly F. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:05am
> Hi again- I use to drink water all the time, but I> ended up spending most of my time in the bathroom so I> stopped.> As far as vitamins go, I've never had much luck with> them. I never really felt any better and everything> was the same. I really don't think eating right has> anything to do with it. There is this lady who's hair> I admire, very long and healthy, and I pointed her out> to a friend and she informed me that her diet> consisted of junk food, cheap beer and drugs. But I> guess with me and my horrible hair etc.. all that> stuff does matter! I guess I'll go and start pouring> the water and swallowing vitamins! HA HA Thanks again-> KHi K,I agree with Regina wholeheartedly on vitamins! I know you may not see outward benefits right away, or for some time, but the intrinsic evidence will be there and will in time show up in your hair and nails. It is very important in hair care to be sure you are getting proper nutrients, and speaking for myself, it's awfully hard to do that totally through my daily diet. Drinking tons of water every day is hard too, but your body needs the hydration. We are what we eat and drink...as the saying goes. Good luck! Kelly F.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic